Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

Has anyone else noticed Mings is looking for the low pass between the lines again? When he first arrived in the Championship, Smith had him playing that ball to the centre mids / striker, but over his time here he increasingly became a “safety first” hoofball merchant. Good to see him getting back to his old ways, because I think he actually has a decent eye for a pass.

I notice, he''s making his presence felt at corners for us, where before he was passive....now he is looking more like a wrecking ball and creating havoc, which is what he should have been doing.

The long balls have been limited too....with his heading showing more conviction for me.

I think his application has gone up a gear in the last 4 games....hope he keeps it up.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, a-k said:

In before the meltdown over a colossal performance "marred" by being done by arguably the best attacker in world football at the moment

MOTM performance and one blip, can't do it though, top4 get any 50/50 decision and after seeing it, it was a pen.

It's smart from Salah really. He quite unnaturally sticks his leg out, in between Mings', to initiate the contact himself and get a penalty for it. It shouldn't really be a foul against the defender but that's just how it is nowadays. Shame as it was an otherwise great shift from Mings.

Good game from Mings for the most part. Clumsy for the pen, just outsmarted by Salah.

Excited to see him slaughtered for the pen and the odd time he had to boot the ball forward despite us not being able to pass out from the back all game.

He did well today. Would've been a lot more of not for him (and all the defenders)

• Like 1

You let a team camp out in your penalty box for 20 minutes you are going to give up a pen. If it wasn't Mings against Salah it would have been another one of our defenders versus their world class attack. 

Mings and the defensive line were excellent. Lineup and over play from midfielders and forwards left a lot to be desired. On to Norwich. 

Â