Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

17 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Didn’t notice at the time but look how he busted a gut to keep the ball in , then laid it off , then followed the cross into the box  to side volley it into the net

great effort today 

I was going to post exactly the same comment. It seemed to look much more obvious watching it on MOTD

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rightdm00 said:

Was literally everywhere. Great job of of keeping the ball on the ground as much as possible which was definitely an instruction from the manager. 

One thing slightly worries me though. He had a wayward pass while we were still scoreless. The announcer said Mings apologized to some fans after he cleared the ensuing attack. I really hope he isn't get abuse for mistakes like that. Playing out the back, those types of things happens. Look how many times Brighton's CBs turned it over. 

I know things were tense after 5 losses. I hope, now that we got a win, we can stay behind the players as they adapt to a new system. 

I'm so sorry. But this will never not annoy me.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

ego...look at his celebrations. clearly thinks of himself as a superstar, just for scoring a tap in into an empty net. bin him off in jan if we get any offer north of 10m for him

Agreed I absolutely hate it when our players score goals for us and we win the game. 

5 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

ego...look at his celebrations. clearly thinks of himself as a superstar, just for scoring a tap in into an empty net. bin him off in jan if we get any offer north of 10m for him

Disappointed he wasnt more humble and put his finger in his ears

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, lexicon said:

So what's the narrative today, then? Only playing for his ego or to show off or something? Or was the goal he effectively made himself out of sheer work rate, then still made the right run in to finish beautifully on his weaker foot actually because he's a bloody good player who busts his gut pretty much every game? 

Yeah but he was still chewing gum like a billy big bollox... BOOOOO!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Gerrard also heaped praise on Tyrone Mings after the Villa skipper capped an impressive performance with his team’s second goal.

Mings has also experienced a difficult start to the season and had been dropped by former boss Dean Smith for Villa’s previous home match.

Gerrard said: “It is none of my business what happened before I came in the door and I said to all the players, Tyrone included, that’s not important now.

“What is important is the focus and the attention moving forward, a fresh start for everyone and a re-set if you like. Tyrone showed great leadership skills this week on the back of an international break.

“He has come in with a positive attitude, he helped lead and his individual performance was worthy of being captain of his club.

“He just needs to keep continuing that. He needs to be a pillar in the dressing room for me and help us drive the standard up of this football club.”

https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/football/aston-villa/2021/11/21/steven-gerrard-reckons-world-class-strike-can-spark-aston-villas-ollie-watkins/

Very mature words. SG is really impressing me

21 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

What is it with centre- halves and their terrible goal celebrations ?

Have a think about tasks that you do and pick something that you do once or twice a year. Are you any good at it?

• Like 1

Â