Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

26 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

likewise ,only saw it on MOTD 

it was more subtle than Kane's cheating against us and clearly not  a dive ... Mings reaction was he knew Salah kinda sprung a trap and he walked right into it ...

It's clumsy from Mings. And maybe Salah made the most of it. But it's so obviously a penalty from where I saw it

On 11/12/2021 at 17:16, Rightdm00 said:

You let a team camp out in your penalty box for 20 minutes you are going to give up a pen. If it wasn't Mings against Salah it would have been another one of our defenders versus their world class attack. 

Mings and the defensive line were excellent. Lineup and over play from midfielders and forwards left a lot to be desired. On to Norwich. 

We didn't let them play in our penalty box.....Their gulf in class and assertion took them there.....we simply had no choice, just done great to keep the out, until the ref saved them.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, TRO said:

I think he has gone up a gear in the last 5 games.

I agree. It was foolish of him to not realise Salah would decelerate to gain contact but that aside, I've been very impressed with Mings' rejuvenation under Gerrard. Long may it continue.

1 hour ago, TRO said:

We didn't let them play in our penalty box.....Their gulf in class and assertion took them there.....we simply had no choice, just done great to keep the out, until the ref saved them.

I can't agree. Our lineup choice/tactical setup invited them into our box especially when we didn't try to change it up once the 2nd half onslaught began. Our only outlet was Watkins who was going 1v3 most of the 2nd half. 

Liverpool can be got at, we did it last year and they have been exposed by multiple sides this season. The way we went about it was never going to work. Live and learn for our new manager. Hopefully next time at home we actually give it a go. 

7 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

I can't agree. Our lineup choice/tactical setup invited them into our box especially when we didn't try to change it up once the 2nd half onslaught began. Our only outlet was Watkins who was going 1v3 most of the 2nd half. 

Liverpool can be got at, we did it last year and they have been exposed by multiple sides this season. The way we went about it was never going to work. Live and learn for our new manager. Hopefully next time at home we actually give it a go. 

I respectfully disagree with you too.....No formation or set up would have changed that for the better, imv.....we simply needed better personnel in certain positions, to have a chance.

Liverpool, like most teams can have off days, but with the circus surrounding Gerrard, they was going to be up for this and so was their crowd....and they was.

If we had of give it a go, we could have been undone by more......Its about knowing your capabilitys and that of the opponent....I guess SG will have some second thoughts, having come so close( result wise)......IMV he did the right thing, but when you lose, there are always going to be ifs, buts and maybe's......would you fancy us going to carrow rd on a 4/5 -0 reversal?...It would change the landscape a bit.

As for learning, he will be doing that, the whole time he is with us...thats on going.

I think its simply too easy to say, we should have taken the game to them, had he of done that and we lost 4-0.....that would have undone any confidence he is trying to instill.....anyway, after the Penalty, we tried to take the game to them, but to no avail.

The top 3 are there for a reason, they are consistent, sure the odd game, they can come unstuck, but its not very often that happens, its just fortunate, if you find them on a bad day.....It would be foolish to bank on it, in the preparation.

We have had 6 put past us by both clubs in the past.....maybe, thats a part of learning too.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TRO said:

I respectfully disagree with you too.....No formation or set up would have changed that for the better, imv.....we simply needed better personnel in certain positions, to have a chance.

Liverpool, like most teams can have off days, but with the circus surrounding Gerrard, they was going to be up for this and so was their crowd....and they was.

If we had of give it a go, we could have been undone by more......Its about knowing your capabilitys and that of the opponent....I guess SG will have some second thoughts, having come so close( result wise)......IMV he did the right thing, but when you lose, there are always going to be ifs, buts and maybe's......would you fancy us going to carrow rd on a 4/5 -0 reversal?...It would change the landscape a bit.

As for learning, he will be doing that, the whole time he is with us...thats on going.

I think its simply too easy to say, we should have taken the game to them, had he of done that and we lost 4-0.....that would have undone any confidence he is trying to instill.....anyway, after the Penalty, we tried to take the game to them, but to no avail.

The top 3 are there for a reason, they are consistent, sure the odd game, they can come unstuck, but its not very often that happens, its just fortunate, if you find them on a bad day.....It would be foolish to bank on it, in the preparation.

We have had 6 put past us by both clubs in the past.....maybe, thats a part of learning too.

I thought we did really well. I am sorry for the anology but it was like Pearl Harbor. Wave after wave after wave.  And this Liverpool team is probably the fastest in the world in transition. They can play counterattack at any point as their passing is so fast and precise.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

likewise ,only saw it on MOTD 

it was more subtle than Kane's cheating against us and clearly not  a dive ... Mings reaction was he knew Salah kinda sprung a trap and he walked right into it ...

I dont understand how he can walk into a trap when salah flung himself in front of mings and tripped him. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, brommy said:

I agree. It was foolish of him to not realise Salah would decelerate to gain contact but that aside, I've been very impressed with Mings' rejuvenation under Gerrard. Long may it continue.

Mings wasn't even close to salah before salah jumped in front of him and tripped him up. It's not a matter of mings not thinking salah would decelerate its that he wasn't in front of mings he was about 2 feet to the side. And neither had possession off the ball. Salah obstructs mings and trips him up in a blatant foul of course the ref gives it to Liverpool though. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, villa4europe said:

That bit in the first half when he took on the 2 man press in our own box and just stepped away from them without a care in the world 😂 I bet some villa hearts skipped a beat 

Skipped, but also yelled out how brilliant of a man Mings is!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, villa4europe said:

That bit in the first half when he took on the 2 man press in our own box and just stepped away from them without a care in the world 😂 I bet some villa hearts skipped a beat 

This panicked me so much lol!  I'm used to us trying things like that, messing up and conceding from it.  It was brilliant, but scary in equal measures!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bcarpet said:

This panicked me so much lol!  I'm used to us trying things like that, messing up and conceding from it.  It was brilliant, but scary in equal measures!

I almost jumped behind the sofa but there was no need. It was brilliant to watch! 

• Like 1

Probably the most improved player...and leader.

It really men against boys last night. Dream game for Konsa and Mings playing against a team and forward with no pace and absolutely zero physicality. He looked like Baresi mixed with Vincent Kompany out there.

Â