Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

You’ll never give Mings that much credit but just watch who wins nearly every single header when defending set pieces and Freekicks. It’s vital to how we defend them. Whilst Konsa might be the better all round defender I would argue Mings is more important to us. 

True. Konsa looks so much better because of Mings. Konsa can put all his efforts into what he's good at when Mings does all the stuff that's out of Konsa's comfort zone. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

You’ll never give Mings that much credit but just watch who wins nearly every single header when defending set pieces and Freekicks. It’s vital to how we defend them. Whilst Konsa might be the better all round defender I would argue Mings is more important to us. 

Your opinion.

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Just look at the shambles our defense has been any time Mings has not been on the pitch... His leadership is so important on the pitch, and I am baffled by how many people that cannot see it. Konsa looks way worse when combined with Hause.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, YouUnastanFren said:

Mings and Konsa have different roles, especially when we have the ball. Mings sees a lot of the ball, tries to break lines by dribbling and passing, Konsa doesn't really get involved at all.

Here's a pass map from last game, really shows the difference.

y6l4rjku0p581.jpg

Have said this before but as good as Konsa is I don't see the complete modern day defender most do, at least not yet. The ability is there but isn't often put into practice with regards what he does with the ball, and most stats back this up. For all the stick Mings get for hoofing it, equally he's often the only one out of the two that actually offers Villa a route out of defence when in possession.

• Like 3

Â