Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

Salah was terrorising us from the start of the second half up until the penalty, give him enough chances and he'll get something sooner or later, I have criticized Mings in the past but it was a great performance today even with the penalty.

• Like 1

This game is a microcosm of his entire career. Has a good game, then goes and **** it up anyway. Kind of bored talking about it at this point.

For the record, I do think it was a pen. But Ings should've had one too. Also, the early chance where Cash had his arm around a Liverpool player.

3 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

This game is a microcosm of his entire career. Has a good game, then goes and **** it up anyway. Kind of bored talking about it at this point.

For the record, I do think it was a pen. But Ings should've had one too. Also, the early chance where Cash had his arm around a Liverpool player.

Van Dyke got lucky today. Being punished for errors is part of being a centre back. Unless we’re expecting him to be the best centre back in the world, it shouldn’t really be a big talking point anyway.

• Like 1

Just now, a m ole said:

Van Dyke got lucky today. Being punished for errors is part of being a centre back. Unless we’re expecting him to be the best centre back in the world, it shouldn’t really be a big talking point anyway.

He makes more errors than most other players. There are actual statistics that have measured these and he made more errors that have led to shots than any other CB for each the last 2 seasons in the league.

I'm not expecting him to be perfect, but he absolutely has a penchant of making high-profile mistakes and I'm tired of people pretending that they're exaggerated or that his mistakes don't actually happen at a higher frequency than other players. They do, and there's a reason he's developed that reputation. 

3 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

He makes more errors than most other players. There are actual statistics that have measured these and he made more errors that have led to shots than any other CB for each the last 2 seasons in the league.

I'm not expecting him to be perfect, but he absolutely has a penchant of making high-profile mistakes and I'm tired of people pretending that they're exaggerated or that his mistakes don't actually happen at a higher frequency than other players. They do, and there's a reason he's developed that reputation. 

I remember when they were posted, it was pretty questionable data

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Gerrards right, Salah definitely fouls Mings first. Then the contact sends Mings off balance. I actually thought it was a pen on first viewing but changed my mind now.

Kicked him right on the left inner calf which sent him off balance. Then somehow does a full flip :lol:

Thought he showed what we have been about under gerrard - put his body on line more than once, was always talking/encouraging, gave it everything - as for the pen, unfortunately that happens, Salah played it well, Ty got a bit off balance then it could have gone either way - bit to me it doesn’t go in the Ty error draw, just one of those.

I haven’t been a fan on Mings prior to Gerrard’s appointment, but fair play to him he’s been at it every game since and been the leader on the field. The penalty wasn’t his fault, they were trying for the penalty the whole game, the ref finally fell for one.

23 minutes ago, QldVilla said:

I haven’t been a fan on Mings prior to Gerrard’s appointment, but fair play to him he’s been at it every game since and been the leader on the field. The penalty wasn’t his fault, they were trying for the penalty the whole game, the ref finally fell for one.

Even when he was epic and imperious for us previously? 

When he came on loan? When we signed him? 

Â