Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

On 20/11/2021 at 20:00, Wezbid said:

Ridiculous finish for a decent midfielder/attacker. 

For a guy his size, running in, on his weaker foot. Absolute technique, composure and stones. 

He seemed to be everywhere but whilst not at the expense of his duties. 

Still needs to stop shoving smaller players to instil some sort of dominance though. Yellow cards waiting to happen. 

Overall, back to business, top notch! 

His technique is amazing for a CB. His first touch is up there with the best in our team if not the best now that Grealish has left. Kills the ball dead at any pace and does it so casually too, he doesn't miss a stride. A lot of players have to set themselves when controlling the ball then set off again, but he does it all at full tilt, in his stride. People confuse his propensity to launch the ball into the channels for a lack of technique rather than the tactical instruction it is. I was laughing in the summer when everyone was saying Maguire had to come straight back in during the Euros because he's better on the ball. No the **** he's not!

• Like 2

On 21/11/2021 at 01:00, Wezbid said:

Ridiculous finish for a decent midfielder/attacker. 

For a guy his size, running in, on his weaker foot. Absolute technique, composure and stones. 

I've watched his goal back a few times now and it just gets better and better.  It's coming at him at one hell of a pace, as you say he's a big guy so he has go to get right over it, wrong foot and he's also ever so slightly out of stride to hit it sweetly.   It was an absolutely incredible finish.  Pretty much everything about it is technically difficult. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 2

On 22/11/2021 at 22:46, sidcow said:

I've watched his goal back a few times now and it just gets better and better.  It's coming at him at one hell of a pace, as you say he's a big guy so he has go to get right over it, wrong foot and he's also ever so slightly out of stride to hit it sweetly.   It was an absolutely incredible finish.  Pretty much everything about it is technically difficult. 

Sometimes it’s so much easier when you don’t have time to think, take the pace off the ball he probably puts it row Z!

• Like 1

On 22/11/2021 at 19:36, sparrow1988 said:

Have a think about tasks that you do and pick something that you do once or twice a year. Are you any good at it?

Oh, like sex? Good point. 

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, TomC said:

Excellent until the goal. He got call ball watching. Did anyone else notice Konsa get angry at him after the goal?

I thought it was at least as much Ezri's fault as Ty's, tbh.

• Like 3

My motm, so much calmer in possession, only hit it long when it was a defensive clearance, other than that he kept it short, on the ground and simple.

His strength was really on show , he pocketed Benteke physically a few times and that was a key battle won for me today. Well done Tyrone.....BA. 😆

Excellent for a 3rd straight game. If Gerrard can keep him focused on being the best defender he can be again then we’re in for a good run of results. Challenge now for Tyrone is to go and throw in those solid performances against the top sides now. Be the difference in seeing us shut out the City’s & Plops. Great start though- looks like a man with a point to prove and the fans really appreciate that.

• Like 2

Â