Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

Was literally everywhere. Great job of of keeping the ball on the ground as much as possible which was definitely an instruction from the manager. 

One thing slightly worries me though. He had a wayward pass while we were still scoreless. The announcer said Mings apologized to some fans after he cleared the ensuing attack. I really hope he isn't get abuse for mistakes like that. Playing out the back, those types of things happens. Look how many times Brighton's CBs turned it over. 

I know things were tense after 5 losses. I hope, now that we got a win, we can stay behind the players as they adapt to a new system. 

• Like 1

Best performance for ages today. So good to see. Played like he had a point to prove. And he absolutely loves scoring goals for us. 

Key difference in his play today was he didn’t just lump it. He played considered, focused and composed. And didn’t mess around defensively. Cleared his lines well. 

More of the same please Big Ty.

Edited by roonst83
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, May-Z said:

just the ones he does are highlighted more and remembered longer so become 'fact'.

But as you say 'the ones he does'...'become fact'. As he does them they don't become fact, they are fact. That said, he had a great game today and, for me, it was between him and Emi for MOTM until he grabbed the accolade with the goal

Edited by Peter Griffin
Fixed a typo

9 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

But as you say 'the ones he does'...'become fact'. As he does them they don't become fact, they are fact. That said, he had a great game today and, for me, it was between him and Emi for MOTM until he grabbed the accolade with the goal

Yeah, not the clearest. The psuedo-fact I was referring to was that 'Mings makes errors all the time' rather than 'he makes errors'.

Confirmation bias is big with Tyrone, I feel. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Davkaus said:

£80m for Maguire. Would you swap them? I wouldn't.

Just watched MOTD. 

Can you imagine if Tyrone Mings had a game like Maguire had today? The criticism would be going on for weeks. 

• Thanks 1

Â