John McGinn

PompeyVillan

I thought he was one of our poorer players today but that's less an indictment of him and more me praising the rest of the team.

I do think he should have lost his status as one of Smith's unsubbables by now though. He's not as pivotal to the team as he once was and we can afford him to rotate him and out more. Might be beneficial to give him more of a rest too.

8 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

He was better against Arsenal but his form of late has been poor.

Maybe he's better suited with Nakamba or Sanson alongside him.

depends Luiz has been below par too. Before the covid break they played well together. 

He needs to play further forward. His jack Russell pressing works a lot better against the defence and DMs. Arsenal were shot today because of it.

if he’s pressing too deep in our half I think it loses its value. 

barkely is playing okay but I’d be looking at McGinn playing a bit further forward as well Somehow 

I have to be honest but I thought Arsenal totally dominated the middle of the park yesterday. I thought SJM did ok but he was largely outplayed by his opponents. Ross was also very poor. It is way too easy to get to our back 4 with those two both starting.

I would like to see us play with Marvelous and Dougie sat in front of the back four with Sanson just in front. You can then use Ross and SJM as impact subs if required. We need to get back to controlling games from the middle of the park.

On 07/02/2021 at 14:12, Loxstock92 said:

Hope this is true 😂😂

Just read that Dyche has confirmed they "exchanged words" and added it was all good banter, and would never have made news pre-social media days. Or words to that effect.

On Talksport.

He also said it is " a nice coat, and not 6 years old"!

Edited by rjw63
  • Haha 3

11 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Just read that Dyche has confirmed they "exchanged words" and added it was all good banter, and would never have made news pre-social media days. Or words to that effect.

On Talksport.

He also said it is " a nice coat, and not 6 years old"!

It's at 14 minutes in this video

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Â