John McGinn

PompeyVillan

5 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Another average performance, drop him and Barkley.

Marvelous

Luiz             Sanson

Would offer much more!

Yeah that would be interesting although can't see all three starting a prem match anytime soon. Think DS would think there wouldn't be enough forward drive or goals from that but Sanson scored 5 a season for Marseille and Luiz got a couple early last season.

8 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Can start cuttimg any day now.

Anybody that thinks he is on optimal shape is kidding themselves. Bulk. Muscle. Fat. Whatever. He can't move. Glued to the spot and just waiting/hoping to he fouled.

Yup I've been saying it for ages...

He isn't good enough for where we want to be, unfortunately Dean Smith doesn't seem to agree.

McGinn is too slow at this level, his only option is to wait for the foul and he's seldom getting away with it.

1 minute ago, birdman said:

I think John is struggling playing deeper. Perhaps Sanson can take his place and he can push further up? Used to score goals! 

I really liked McGinn further forward. I think benching Barkley and shuffling the midfield would help.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I thought he was poor tonight but at least he was involved. It just wasn’t happening for him.  Barkley and Traore were non existent.

Traore seems to get a free pass on here at the moment, yet Barkley gets all the stick. Both were as bad as each other. 

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Yeah that would be interesting although can't see all three starting a prem match anytime soon. Think DS would think there wouldn't be enough forward drive or goals from that but Sanson scored 5 a season for Marseille and Luiz got a couple early last season.

Which of our midfielders is scoring goals right now?

Â