18/19 Race for Promotion

KJT123

11 minutes ago, villa89 said:

We are playing 5 teams that are above us in the table in our next 7 games. It's going to take some run to even get into the playoffs.

Only positive is, as we know, for some reason we have a tendency to turn up against better teams.

Not winning more than the odd game for 2 months will make sure quite a few teams end up above you in the table.

Cunning plan for a team that supposedly does better against better teams.

Not really working thou for some reason...

16 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I remember 2 months back people found me negative for not thinking we would make the automatics, i would get hammered on here if i said i didn't think w would reach the play offs.

How tables have turned. Sad.

Image result for yoda wise

• Haha 1

So in reality we’re 9 points behind 6th. Hopefully we could win with Derby and Boro losing tomorrow. 

Well its hard for Derby to lost against Ipswich, but Sheff Utd and Boro could go either way. 

Leeds are having a huge match against Swansea. If they lost it then they’re in danger to lose an automatic spot and get slipped to the playoffs.

12 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

So in reality we’re 9 points behind 6th. Hopefully we could win with Derby and Boro losing tomorrow. 

Well its hard for Derby to lost against Ipswich, but Sheff Utd and Boro could go either way. 

Leeds are having a huge match against Swansea. If they lost it then they’re in danger to lose an automatic spot and get slipped to the playoffs.

Swansea are in a decent run of form but Leeds (somewhat like us), appear to not lose easily. Reckon that'll be a draw, although overall I think Norwich and Sheff Utd, (with the blades winning tomorrow) will get autos. Ipswich look completely lacklustre at the moment. We're going to need a good '7/8 wins out of 10' run to be proper in there (like Bristol's current form), you would reckon.

Too many draws!

Edited by GENTLEMAN
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Django_Zooms said:

2 injury time penalty decisions give teams above Villa 4 points between them. Bristol and Baggies. Neither were pens. 

We had a goal unfairly ruled out at 1-1.

Penalty might have been a wrong decision but they cancel out.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Only positive is, as we know, for some reason we have a tendency to turn up against better teams.

Can you believe these people on FB?!?

"It would be bad if we got promoted as we would come straight back down... We need to rebuild the squad before we get promoted"

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, vreitti said:

None of us know for sure. I just believe we'll click. The team has goals in it, with or with Grealish, we just need to stop conceding the way we do.

What my worry is, is that we looked to have clicked early on in Smith’s arrival. We were scoring for fun even though we were conceding, and looked dangerous in games for 90 minutes. The downturn in form and performance has been so drastic that you have to wonder what has happened. We look toothless in most games now and our midfield is beyond lethargic. I don’t believe this is just down to losing Grealish and Tuanzebe.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 7392craig said:

our midfield is beyond lethargic. I don’t believe this is just down to losing Grealish and Tuanzebe.

Well that's the only thing which has changed isn't it? 

They looked awesome before. 

It's a joke that we st brom are cheating and get away with this. Gayle blatently cheated yesterday and they got away with it again. I hope the efl ban the cheating rocket polisher. But they are gutless probably nothing will happen

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Can you believe these people on FB?!?

"It would be bad if we got promoted as we would come straight back down... We need to rebuild the squad before we get promoted"

They are probably only 16 year olds who are used to playing Fifa etc.

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Like 1