18/19 Race for Promotion

KJT123

I said it was over weeks ago, now people will believe it is. Another failure season.

just start putting foundations in place for the summer.

get rid of elphick Hutton Taylor Richards, adomah, And hogan 

send back el ghazi hause to their clubs. 

Try sign mings. Look at some freebies and cheap bargains

No Grealish, no Tuanzebe and no Tammy. And if the media is to be believed no Mings as we'll have no money due to FFP.

I really thought we'd go up this year after the Blues game. I'm not feeling optimistic for our future, at all.

20 minutes ago, penguin said:

No Grealish, no Tuanzebe and no Tammy. And if the media is to be believed no Mings as we'll have no money due to FFP.

I really thought we'd go up this year after the Blues game. I'm not feeling optimistic for our future, at all.

Probably the wrong thread, but if we genuinely were prepared to buy that player who went to Bournemouth for £12m+ there must be money we can spend. *

That’s without the Grealish money too, if he goes.

*unless we were just going to gamble again, which is conceivable but certainly not the impression Purslow gives.

They think it's all over.... it is now!

Boro are still catchable, but not by us. We may still be 7 points off the final play off place and I still think that 75 points would be enough, but games are running out. We would also need to put a winning run together and we're not going to do that are we?

Let's face it 31 points from our last 14 games is beyond us. Too many draws, far too many goals conceded and too many slack performances have done for us. At least we're not Leeds! :(

30 minutes ago, John said:

They think it's all over.... it is now!

Boro are still catchable, but not by us. We may still be 7 points off the final play off place and I still think that 75 points would be enough, but games are running out. We would also need to put a winning run together and we're not going to do that are we?

Let's face it 31 points from our last 14 games is beyond us. Too many draws, far too many goals conceded and too many slack performances have done for us. At least we're not Leeds! :(

When you put it like that, we would require a win ratio above 70%. Leeds are the league leaders with a win ratio of 55%.

I still sort of rate us if we can rekindle the performances that we saw in November/December.

It's frustrating that West Brom scored from both their counters against us and yet Adomah and Hourihane miss their opportunities against Brentford and we lose in stoppage.

I haven't been able to watch every week recently so I can't comment on those performances, but earlier performances merited a higher points haul than what we've got.

• Like 2

We are not going up this season. Unless there's absolute meltdown in front of us we are staying where we are. I think we can all look forward to a string of performances where a lot of players won't be trying because they know their time is up at the club. 

Just got to get to the summer with as least damage done as possible and let Smith rip this lot out of the club and bring in suitable (hopefully) replacements. 

I noticed in his post match comments that he mentioned how Brentford's performances have been built over 2 or 3 years. I wonder if he's selling that to those above him? It's nice to think we'll be like that in a couple of years but, we also have to remember that for all their style and hard work, Brentford are currently below us and also not going up this season!

1 hour ago, villarocker said:

We are not going up this season. Unless there's absolute meltdown in front of us we are staying where we are. I think we can all look forward to a string of performances where a lot of players won't be trying because they know their time is up at the club. 

Just got to get to the summer with as least damage done as possible and let Smith rip this lot out of the club and bring in suitable (hopefully) replacements. 

I noticed in his post match comments that he mentioned how Brentford's performances have been built over 2 or 3 years. I wonder if he's selling that to those above him? It's nice to think we'll be like that in a couple of years but, we also have to remember that for all their style and hard work, Brentford are currently below us and also not going up this season!

As you say in his three years at Brentford he got them mid table.  - Thats what he does.  And Brentford look a better side since he left. He was 0 wins 5 when he left, the new head coach seems to have done something Smith couldn't do - tighten up the defence.

22 minutes ago, hippo said:

As you say in his three years at Brentford he got them mid table.  - Thats what he does.  And Brentford look a better side since he left. He was 0 wins 5 when he left, the new head coach seems to have done something Smith couldn't do - tighten up the defence.

I think that's probably a bit unfair. Frank plays a similar brand of football to Smith so while he seems to have improved them defensively, he hasn't had a lot of work to do for the system as a whole. I imagine if we had hired a manager of Bruce's ilk we would be putting in better performances because we have players who are used to playing that style. 

I don't understand the midtable thing either. Yeah, he's got them to midtable consistently.. But they're a bottom half side on paper. He's over achieved with them and while he left during a rough spell, he left them in 7th. They're now in 15th. I guess the hoping is that if he can over achieve with a squad that cost £2.50, how can he do with a squad that costs a few mill, but obviously that squad has to be players that can play his way and his system. 

As I said last night, I am concerned and we need to show something, but he should have a fair shout of getting his squad on and a preseason. 

10 minutes ago, Sam3773 said:

I think that's probably a bit unfair. Frank plays a similar brand of football to Smith so while he seems to have improved them defensively, he hasn't had a lot of work to do for the system as a whole. I imagine if we had hired a manager of Bruce's ilk we would be putting in better performances because we have players who are used to playing that style. 

I don't understand the midtable thing either. Yeah, he's got them to midtable consistently.. But they're a bottom half side on paper. He's over achieved with them and while he left during a rough spell, he left them in 7th. They're now in 15th. I guess the hoping is that if he can over achieve with a squad that cost £2.50, how can he do with a squad that costs a few mill, but obviously that squad has to be players that can play his way and his system. 

As I said last night, I am concerned and we need to show something, but he should have a fair shout of getting his squad on and a preseason. 

The Season before he arrived at Brentford they finished 5th. 

He has been a manager since 2011 - every season his finishing position his mid table. 

After the Brentford game Aston Villa have 44 points out of a possible 96. The final projected points total will currently be 63 points that is points after 46 games. Basing this off last seasons final table will put us 12th.

There is still 42 points to play for giving us a maximum potential points haul of 86 points.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since the appointment of Dean Smith the new projected points total would be 64 points that is points after 46 games. That has included (Before Smith) of 1.25 PPG from Steve Bruce and the current 1.45PPG from Smith. Using 1.45PPG over the remaining 14 games.

Basing this off last seasons final table will put us 12th

• Thanks 1

Well at least now we can start planning for another two seasons down in this wasteland of a league. Grealish, Tammy, Axel and possibly McGinn gone and we essentially need to replace the whole squad in the summer. It's a mammoth task as now we longer have an parachute payments and the wages we can offer are greatly reduced. Still at least we're not leeds....oh wait....

Aston Villa - Villa Park one of the best grounds in the country

Aston Villa - Founding member of the Football League

Aston Villa - play in the best colours

Aston Villa - fantastic history

Aston Villa - best fickle (ist) fans

Aston Villa - one of the best training facilities in the country

Aston Villa - most fans think we are entitled to be respected and other teams should just lie down and let us win

None of the above does anything to contribute towards us getting promotion

Regards to all

Del

16 minutes ago, danceoftheshamen said:

Crikey! We literally are still on the decline are we not? What a shower!

When will it end 😑

When we change the manager for one who has a clue, imo.

6th place was more than achieveable when he took over imo.

Edited by AvfcRigo82

2 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

When we change the manager for one who has a clue, imo.

6th place was more than achieveable when he took over imo.

True. When he took over we were 4 points from play offs. Now we are 7 points of and played a game more than them.

On 30/01/2019 at 15:31, LondonVillian said:

plays off are gone too not being negative just a statement of fact - too many dropped points already.

On 30/01/2019 at 15:36, Merson08 said:

Fact is this isn't factual.

This is fact. 

fact

Dictionary result for fact

/fakt/
noun

1. a thing that is known or proved to be true.
    "the most commonly known fact about hedgehogs is that they have fleas"
    synonyms: reality, actuality, certainty, factuality, certitude; More

On 30/01/2019 at 16:52, MarkLillis said:

So its a future fact.....

That's not a fact now.....

But could be a fact.....

Just like a " we could win all our games and get 93 points" type fact?

Confirmed Fact

close the thread..its over..the sinking feeling when you know your relationship is over with your ex girl..

start again...

get big sam in, give your self a shot at it next year or the same posts will be on here next month ,next week etc.

only playes with a set of bollox are mcginn & mings ..the rest can do one

Edited by cbr600rr