Scott Hogan

Demitri_C

He'll surely end up on loan somewhere at a Championship club. I can't see anyone buying him. Club has shown a bit of a ruthless streak in cancelling McCormacks deal though so perhaps Purslow et al will take a relative hit financially just to farm him out somewhere.

His race here is run though.

Watched his performance last night and thought he would get a few goals after all it was Gibraltar but yet another poor performance.Like many I thought  Dean would have got him back scoring goals something he had  been very good at Oldham and Brentford.Looks to have put on a bit of weight, can see him being loaned out in the Championship or even a top Div 1 club.

His post match interview was interesting. he said he needs a run of games and he'll get back in the goals. well actually he said if he played 40 games he'd get 20-25 goals! right attitude, talked about needing to get his head down and force his way in the side too.

I struggle to see that happening for him with us though to be honest. Be great to be proved wrong but long shot now.

1 hour ago, Brentfordnylons said:

Watched his performance last night and thought he would get a few goals after all it was Gibraltar but yet another poor performance.Like many I thought  Dean would have got him back scoring goals something he had  been very good at Oldham and Brentford.Looks to have put on a bit of weight, can see him being loaned out in the Championship or even a top Div 1 club.

This. His confidence is shot to pieces. He might be better off going to League 1 with say Sunderland or somebody like that to get his scoring record back. Perhaps then he can get his 20-5 goals that he is determined to get.

He will not get that at Villa; for whatever reason you want to stay, his days here are done and he needs to move on, whether that is permanently or on loan.

1 hour ago, romavillan said:

His post match interview was interesting. he said he needs a run of games and he'll get back in the goals. well actually he said if he played 40 games he'd get 20-25 goals! right attitude, talked about needing to get his head down and force his way in the side too.

I struggle to see that happening for him with us though to be honest. Be great to be proved wrong but long shot now.

If he had 40 games against Gibraltar he might get 20-25 goals

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Brentfordnylons said:

His confidence can;t be great after the season he has endured either.

Surely will play a part.

2 hours ago, Skruff said:

So he did get a lot of chances but missed them? 

I watched the game last night and his timing was off. Made runs too early and was caught offside. He had a decent chance when he went around the keeper but touch was poor and was forced too wide. He also had a shot just as he was taken off that he should have done better with. The entire team were poor, hard to pick Hogan out anymore than anyone else. 

Poor man's Gary Penrice for those that remember him.   Needs to be sold or loaned out to a Chamionship club for a season.  Perhaps then we'll see a slight return on our initial outlay.  

Edited by ferguson1

3 hours ago, Brentfordnylons said:

*Rochdale 

Â