Scott Hogan

Demitri_C

• 2 weeks later...

Just when you thought it couldn’t get more hilarious down the road at the Sty heard a whisper today they have enquired about a fee for Hogan 😂🤣😂🤣 from my old boss/owner  at OUFC who is a bluenose ... I told him he has been mistreated badly by villa and would be a quality bit of business for them and a bargain at £8million 🤔🤣😂🤣🤞 he also told me they offered Jota to us . 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Just when you thought it couldn’t get more hilarious down the road at the Sty heard a whisper today they have enquired about a fee for Hogan 😂🤣😂🤣 from my old boss/owner  at OUFC who is a bluenose ... I told him he has been mistreated badly by villa and would be a quality bit of business for them and a bargain at £8million 🤔🤣😂🤣🤞 he also told me they offered Jota to us . 

I think the problem with Hogan now is he's on premiership wages (or close), I can't see how anyone in the champ would want to afford his wages on a permanent transfer?

Our best bet is to loan him out paying half his wages to try and get his stock to rise.

At the moment I get the feeling it's at a point where no one in the prem wants him and no championship side would want to accommodate his wages permanently...

Unless he's willing to take a pay drop to get his career back on track?

Edited by MaVilla

4 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

I think the problem with Hogan now is he's on premiership wages (or close), I can't see how anyone in the champ would want to afford his wages on a permanent transfer?

Our best bet is to loan him out paying half his wages to try and get his stock to rise.

At the moment I get the feeling it's at a point where no one in the prem wants him and no championship side would want to accommodate his wages permanently...

Unless he's willing to take a pay drop to get his career back on track?

I’d guess we would have to subsidise them to make up the shortfall . Or basically give him away for next to nothing with the proviso they take on his contract in full. Either way he won’t make it here and will go down as a huge waste of Time and money for a multitude of reasons mainly he isn’t actually good at what he is paid to do ... 

Edited by thabucks

I can see this guy ending up at Fulham. They can afford him (for now), they're likely to lose their CF, and he did get 2 clubs promoted this season. He's that good!

On 22/06/2019 at 10:27, jacketspuds said:

No chance. He's worth nowhere near £20m.

We still no doubt have to pay 15 to 16 mill plus Hogan.

I think regardless that Hogan is doing nothing here so we may as well try a deal like that and bring someone capable in.

In fact I'd do that with Hogan and Kodjia see if any clubs would bite on money and those players. No doubt we could get rid of a few more like that too and decrease the amount of money were using on these signings from the championship better we do that than get nothing for them.

2 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Despite being entitled to more time off after internationals he turned up for training today apparently.

Obviously he has struggled since joining, but gotta give the guy credit for trying and not being a Richards McCormack.

Fair play to him for that. He has a few weeks to get himself a second chance here before being sold or loaned out. 

I think he should go but glad he's atleast working for it. That should be the bare minimum expectation really but we know better than most it so often isn't the case.

• Like 1

He's an ok Championship striker, but he won't be good enough for the PL. Maybe we can offer him to Leeds as part of a Phillips deal. Or Huddersfield as part of a Billing deal. I know p/x don't happen often but we managed it with Jota so who knows.

As far as I can tell his attitude has always been faultless.

Whatever happens with Scott I genuinely hope he puts the past couple of years behind him and finds his scoring boots*. 

*As long as it’s not for small heath or someone like that.

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

Despite being entitled to more time off after internationals he turned up for training today apparently.

Obviously he has struggled since joining, but gotta give the guy credit for trying and not being a Richards McCormack.

Mccormack did once tbf for that pre season of a pre season. 

Credit for not being a shit? Not sure its credit worthy. He is doing his job and probably desperate to get fit as chances are he is joining a new team

Credit for not being a shit? Not sure its credit worthy. He is doing his job and probably desperate to get fit as chances are he is joining a new team

I do actually like many of your posts but the bold....come on. And the likes. Jeez to all of you lol!

He could have been back at work early because his missus was doing his head in or he was bored after having so much time off...…. like most of his contract. A little spin from the media though and shock horror..."Villa fan's are going to be ecstatic at the attitude shown by the forgotten man". I've seen that line about already.  

After all the b*ll***S the club has been through with over priced and over paid wasters! They're all paid handsomely for the privilege of wearing professional team colours, including ours. I give credit for performance, not turning up.

I credit Hogan for jack diddly and discredit the donkeys that paid a ridiculous fee for probably one of the most highly priced passive non impact forwards we have ever had at the Villa in my 45 years on this planet. Luc Nilis, God bless him had more of an impact than Hogan. Sorry I truly want to be as positive as many are about his attitude but he's given nothing to the cause since he arrived. Yes maybe the old system didn't suit him but it didn't suit many others who still managed get their shit together and perform week after week, or just some of the time. I'm also sure the fact that he has become a premiership player and his wages have gone up without lifting a finger to help has also refocused his energy a tad.  

I for one hope we can get the players in we want so he is out the door pronto in the coming weeks. He's the last of the expensive wasters we have imo.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Was Jota the main creative reason for Hogan goal record at Brentford? More curious than suggesting them as a front 2

Doubt if they played together much as Jota came back to Brentford the same month as Hogan left for Villa.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, MaVilla said:

Language! I’m surprised that wasn’t automatically changed to “word removed”. Mods need to have a word. 

10 hours ago, avfc1982am said:

I do actually like many of your posts but the bold....come on. And the likes. Jeez to all of you lol!

He could have been back at work early because his missus was doing his head in or he was bored after having so much time off...…. like most of his contract. A little spin from the media though and shock horror..."Villa fan's are going to be ecstatic at the attitude shown by the forgotten man". I've seen that line about already.  

After all the b*ll***S the club has been through with over priced and over paid wasters! They're all paid handsomely for the privilege of wearing professional team colours, including ours. I give credit for performance, not turning up.

I credit Hogan for jack diddly and discredit the donkeys that paid a ridiculous fee for probably one of the most highly priced passive non impact forwards we have ever had at the Villa in my 45 years on this planet. Luc Nilis, God bless him had more of an impact than Hogan. Sorry I truly want to be as positive as many are about his attitude but he's given nothing to the cause since he arrived. Yes maybe the old system didn't suit him but it didn't suit many others who still managed get their shit together and perform week after week, or just some of the time. I'm also sure the fact that he has become a premiership player and his wages have gone up without lifting a finger to help has also refocused his energy a tad.  

I for one hope we can get the players in we want so he is out the door pronto in the coming weeks. He's the last of the expensive wasters we have imo.

There’s a distinct difference between a player who tries but isn’t good enough (Hogan) versus a total waster (mccormack).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spoony said:

Language! I’m surprised that wasn’t automatically changed to “word removed”. Mods need to have a word. 

😂😂😂 Id love a ‘player removed’ filter for McCormack 

11 hours ago, avfc1982am said:

And the likes. Jeez to all of you lol!

It’s not a like because he turned up to work.

As the old saying goes,

dont judge those who try and fail like you judge those that fail to try.

He might not have turned out to be the striker we so needed, but he’s not moaned and thrown his toys out the pram.

• Like 1

Â