Scott Hogan

Demitri_C

Seems palace and West Brom are both sniffing around too so far from a done deal yet - could be a topsy turvy day ahead - imagine Rhodes is plan b but I hope we get one of the other and don't get gazumped late on hogan and see Sheffield weds pounce for Rhodes. 

I will glad when it is 11pm. 

Edited by Eastie
  • Like 1

Just now, Demitri_C said:

I personally don't think this is gonna happen to be honest as can see a premier league team coming in for him. I think we are going to end up with Rhodes if a striker is coming in.

I'd be happy enough to see Rhodes come in - think he might complement kodija better .

I actually feel quietly confident on this one, kudos has to go to Round and Bruce for selling the club so well to Hortonheresawho and Lunchberry.

I think the fact that they have all (Hogan included) played at Villa park this season and have seen first hand that we are a Championship team in league position only, our facilities are world class and it's a great place to earn a living, hopefully we left a mark on Hogan in that way too.

16 minutes ago, AVFC44 said:

Reckon we're being used to get West Ham to come back in for him. Think Hogan will hold out for a Premier League move as well.

Once a bid was accpeted for Snodgrass from Burley West Ham came in and matched it. I expect the same to happen here.

8 minutes ago, nnock1984 said:

Not seen enough of this guy to see if he;s worth the figures muted.  Why is he rated more highly on here given Rhodes phenomenal scoring record?

Not sure, but suspect, he makes more of his own goals, Rhodes, I think is more reliant on service.

8 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Why would a team sell their best player to the team they are playing on that day?  I know he wouldn't be able to play against them but surely they'd want him to play for them?

I saw with bree and hourihane that the sum of 5 mill to smaller clubs is a huge deal, whereas to us we've just weeed away 10 mill on mclamemack. Not a fair playing field really.

Not too sure about this deal. I don't know much about the lad so it's difficult to comment on him but from what I have read I am confused.

Some say that Hogan is more mobile than Rhodes but then Rhodes has proven his ability to score at this level time and time again - scoring 91 goals in his last 187 Championship appearances, whereas Hogan has had one season of scoring prolifically at this level to his name. Also, with our new midfielders taking pot shots at goal we will need someone in and around the box to pick up the pieces and that's where Rhodes might just be, in the right place at the right time.

There's only 2 years difference in age and for the money being mentioned I am not sure that we should spend it on someone who has had one really good season at this level when we could get a player for less that has had four or five really good seasons at this level.

I suppose we simply have to trust that the management team make the right decision.

Â