Scott Hogan

Demitri_C

On 31/05/2019 at 01:52, ciggiesnbeer said:

Cant see him going back to Brentford sadly. They only buy players they can make a profit on. Hard to see that with Hogan unless he takes a massive pay cut and we let him leave for nowt.

Won’t be coming back to us as you said we mainly buy players to further their careers and then make us money.I thought Dean would have got more out of him but it’s hard to believe he’s played nearly twice as many games for you than he did for us.What with Woods at Stoke also out of favour it makes you wonder why some of these players who leave us their form goes down when their wages increase.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Brentfordnylons said:

Won’t be coming back to us as you said we mainly buy players to further their careers and then make us money.I thought Dean would have got more out of him but it’s hard to believe he’s played nearly twice as many games for you than he did for us.What with Woods at Stoke also out of favour it makes you wonder why some of these players who leave us their form goes down when their wages increase.

Hogan hasn’t been the same since a very serious ankle injury.

13 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I imagine we’ll be loaning this chap out for the remainder of his contract and paying for the privilege.

Complete waste of space as a footballer.

Unless he performs better against premier league defences and we actually play to his strengths this time 😉

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

Unless he performs better against premier league defences and we actually play to his strengths this time 😉

Oh yes, I forgot it was everyone else’s fault and we weren’t putting it on a plate for him 6 yards out! 

• Like 1

I couldn't believe how poor he was the first time I seen him - I put it down to early nerves. But as time went on I just noticed how poor he was - he couldn't bring the ball under control when he received it, he couldn't beat a full back, he so easily had the ball taken from him - without an improvement in these basics I couldn't possibly see how he was going to put the ball in the net on a regular basis.

Where next ?  a loan to a championship club .....at best.

• Like 1

Just now, Tomaszk said:

Shhhh!

He's fine. Come on Blades, £0.25m and he's yours.

Fixed. 

3 hours ago, GENTLEMAN said:

is the poignant point.

The second bit, is just a cop out.

3 hours ago, hippo said:

I couldn't believe how poor he was the first time I seen him - I put it down to early nerves. But as time went on I just noticed how poor he was - he couldn't bring the ball under control when he received it, he couldn't beat a full back, he so easily had the ball taken from him - without an improvement in these basics I couldn't possibly see how he was going to put the ball in the net on a regular basis.

Where next ?  a loan to a championship club .....at best.

I don't always agree with you.....but **** me you are right on his one.

3 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Hogan hasn’t been the same since a very serious ankle injury.

Was he good before it? I must have missed the change. He's been utter garbage from his debut. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Spoony said:

What next for this chap do we think? Can’t exactly see him being a success in the PL...

Loan to a Championship club who can afford to pay some of his wages. Wouldnt surprise me to see him rocking up at Boro or a similar club next season.

5 minutes ago, TRO said:

is the poignant point.

The second bit, is just a cop out.

😉😉😉 I don’t know, his current movement will be better suited to finding gaps in premier league defences as opposed to championship one (which a faster and more physical and I think better). But we need to play to his strengths sir! He’d do well at City I think. 😉😉😉

1 hour ago, GENTLEMAN said:

😉😉😉 I don’t know, his current movement will be better suited to finding gaps in premier league defences as opposed to championship one (which a faster and more physical and I think better). But we need to play to his strengths sir! Hed do well at City I think😉😉😉

Manchester, Birmingham, Norwich, Coventry, Bristol?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Loan to a Championship club who can afford to pay some of his wages. Wouldnt surprise me to see him rocking up at Boro or a similar club next season.

Another reason for Steve Gibson to dislike us 😉

• Haha 1

I don't think we can shift him easily, could begin with us in the preseason. You could see him going in the deadline day as a plan B for someone. or could probably go after the season begins where the championship teams will still have time to sign players.

Edit:

Just noticed he's just 27, which my give some teams more courage to sign him I guess. thought he was 32, but not sure why!

Edited by abdulaziz1

14 hours ago, Spoony said:

What next for this chap do we think? Can’t exactly see him being a success in the PL...

There is no chance of him being a success in the PL.

If the guy is anywhere near our team next season then we've had a shocking summer.

• Like 1

Â