Scott Hogan

Demitri_C

54 minutes ago, TRO said:

I am not going to poo poo his goal.....a goal is a goal to me....not to be sniffed at.

My worry is.....He seems to blame the club for his lack of goals and so do some fans, blaming service etc.

Alan Shearer once said......As a goalscorer, you have find a way to score, you have to work your way in to score......There is not much future for players who just like stuff on a plate, that is not to be confused with players that read the game and make intelligent runs like David Platt did.

Scott doesn't just have to work hard, he needs to work smart.

Did he actually blame the club for this? I have seen him have a go at Bruce before which was fair enough but I dont remember him blaming the club

37 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I'm just glad that goal highlighted Wesley's skill. If that was a PL or even a Championship goalkeeper, that wouldn't have been a goal. Doesn't really say much about Hogan.

To be fair that's Max O'Leary, the same keeper who stopped us beating Bristol by a rugby score last season. 

• Like 1

Just now, dont_do_it_doug. said:

To be fair that's Max O'Leary, the same keeper who stopped us beating Bristol by a rugby score last season. 

Wait really? Wow. Is he on loan?

Guess he used up his quota of superhuman performances against Villa. He might as well have not been there for Hogan's goal. Looked like he was trying to dodge it :lol:

A lot of people dissing him and yes I’m not convinced by him but reality suggests that if we don’t buy another striker and it’s unlikely we’ll offload him, he’s going to be one of our subs for striker next season.  Davis doesn’t score goals, Kodja used to be good but not recently (although seems to have a good afcon) so if something happened to Wes or as a sub to Wes, we are short of options so Hogan comes into play.

classing RHM as a left or right forward based on watching him ie El Ghazi type role 

Edited by nick76

3 minutes ago, nick76 said:

A lot of people dissing him and yes I’m not convinced by him but reality suggests that if we don’t buy another striker and it’s unlikely we’ll offload him, he’s going to be one of our subs for striker next season

Yet he's fourth choice as it is.

6 minutes ago, nick76 said:

A lot of people dissing him and yes I’m not convinced by him but reality suggests that if we don’t buy another striker and it’s unlikely we’ll offload him, he’s going to be one of our subs for striker next season.  Davis doesn’t score goals, Kodja used to be good but not recently (although seems to have a good afcon) so if something happened to Wes or as a sub to Wes, we are short of options so Hogan comes into play.

classing RHM as a left or right forward based on watching him ie El Ghazi type role 

I think kodjia and davis are both ahead of him. We will not have 3 forwards on the bench. Only way he plays is if we have serious injuries. 

3 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Your fourth choice or has DS said that?

I watched us last season! Remember him being sent out on loan while we kept on Tammy, Kodjia and Davis?

The Hogan thread is like some weird Twilight Zone episode at times.

Edited by praisedmambo
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

I'm just glad that goal highlighted Wesley's skill. If that was a PL or even a Championship goalkeeper, that wouldn't have been a goal. Doesn't really say much about Hogan.

I don’t get why people are so blinded by a dislike of individuals. It’s **** weird. 

It is possible for Hogan to simultaneously not be good enough for the first team and yet to have the ability to finish well once in a while. 

Edited by bobzy
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Cheers I wondered where I had seen that name before. I dont know whether he is always that good but he sure was that day.

I’m not disputing Hogan is poor but I’m saying we don’t have many options.  Davis came back from injury during the season so was unlikely to go out on loan because we didn’t know how good he could be and Kodja was our only other recognised striker.  I’m not a Hogan fan by any stretch of the imagination and I hope he’s sold.  

What I am saying is just like last season, after our number one striker (Tammy now Wes) we have very poor options.  

I don’t see Davis getting much game time and really needs that at 21 and after a long injury and we need to see if he can be a Striker who scores goals....has to go on loan

Kodja has not been the same since injury although sounds like he had a good AFCON

Hogan is getting preseason game time under DS so is considered an option I would think.

For me, we need another striker full stop

• Like 1

1 minute ago, theboyangel said:

Hogan didn’t look that pleased to score earlier - was he getting much stick from the crowd beforehand?

Sighs when he was making mistakes.  An example - Think he tracked back nicely at one point, got the ball off the opposition and then gave it away straight away

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I don’t get why people are so blinded by a dislike of individuals. It’s **** weird. 

It is possible for Hogan to simultaneously not be good enough for the first team and yet to have the ability to finish well once in a while. 

?

Uh I actually like Hogan and think he's a decent enough finisher, or was at one point at least. That doesn't change the fact that that was bad goalkeeping rather than good finishing. How in the world does that indicate that I dislike him? 

Â