Scott Hogan

Demitri_C

Didn’t watch last night, but even from the brief highlights I’ve seen he looked bad. Looking at Lansbury’s goal, Hogan has made a really run to the back post, making it nigh on impossible for him to be found. If he’d darted near post, Guilbert may  have picked him out rather than Lansbury. 

The goal will be good for his confidence. He’s scored lots of similar goals at Brentford. Always like his attitude & his finishing is clinical if ball us on the deck, not Bruce’s style of aimless crosses.. His goal today  may look easy but I remember Abraham missed lots of such chances last season.. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Digavilla said:

The goal will be good for his confidence. He’s scored lots of similar goals at Brentford. Always like his attitude & his finishing is clinical if ball us on the deck, not Bruce’s style of aimless crosses.. His goal today  may look easy but I remember Abraham missed lots of such chances last season.. 

No it isn't. 

He's awful. 

As someone else said, this goal might trick a championship side into getting him. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Digavilla said:

We did always play him like a target man under Bruce, hoofing balls up to him pointlessly. He needs confidence, whether he will get the chance to stake a claim in our side i've no idea. But it would be great to seem him get another chance.

• Like 1

Have to caution against getting carried away, I seem to remember Hogan playing well  last pre-season as well. Even today his goal aside he didn't do a great deal in any dangerous positions.

• Like 1

My first reaction is to agree with those that think he is not good enough.

The only way i will revisit my opinion is if he scores so regularly, he can't be dropped.

He has to be prolific to have any chance with us.....but that hound dog look of melancoly, does not fill me with confidence that i am likely to change my mind.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, useless said:

Have to caution against getting carried away, I seem to remember Hogan playing well  last pre-season as well. Even today his goal aside he didn't do a great deal in any dangerous positions.

Pretty sure when it comes to Hogan we dont need to worry about Villa fans getting carried away :)

IAnyway, I dont think he is going to be here next season. He needs a move. It just hasnt worked out. Dont care about blame, I just think the club and he are wasting each others time if he sticks around.

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Maybe I’m being harsh but I think he got lucky with the finish. He hit it straight at the keeper. 

I am not going to poo poo his goal.....a goal is a goal to me....not to be sniffed at.

My worry is.....He seems to blame the club for his lack of goals and so do some fans, blaming service etc.

Alan Shearer once said......As a goalscorer, you have find a way to score, you have to work your way in to score......There is not much future for players who just like stuff on a plate, that is not to be confused with players that read the game and make intelligent runs like David Platt did.

Scott doesn't just have to work hard, he needs to work smart.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, VillanousOne said:

We did always play him like a target man under Bruce, hoofing balls up to him pointlessly. He needs confidence, whether he will get the chance to stake a claim in our side i've no idea. But it would be great to seem him get another chance.

Oh god. When will it end. 

• Like 3

He scored today and thats all we can ask of him.

I have said from day 1 though his ability on the ball is very poor. He can not receive a ball at pace - or if it isn't on the ground. With those liabilities hanging around him IMO its a wonder he has got this far in the game. But in the prem you need top notch close control - Hogan has never shown anything in this area - so its still a no from me.

Â