Jonathan Kodjia

dont_do_it_doug.

12 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

so guessing the lack of action on this thread means he didn't make an impact last night?

It was the usual Mr Casual performance.

He didn't really look too bothered with the game.

Kodjia is not for me.

• Like 1

Not much he could have done, but he did look a little sloppy in what he did do, but we'll put that down to match fitness. 

He needs to be a bit sharper, a bit more purposeful and get things done quicker if he wants a chance of getting into the first team.

BUT, he didn't do anything wrong, which is good. 

I'm hoping the lack of speed/quickness is due to a lack of playing time, not indicative of a more permanent thing. 

Since Davis went off he had his chance to make an impact against a very sorry looking wolves side, they were shocking and Kodjia should of capitalized on that, so to should of others.

Still a sell for me I'm afraid. I see no need for him to be at Villa anymore, Ill thank him for his service, as he at one point was pretty damn great for us but sometimes a club and player just have to part way and I feel it's what Villa need to do with Kodjia.

If he goes in January I wish him all the best, I do think we need to now make space and bring someone in who can fully live up to expectations as a striker if we are to be a Permanent Premier Club.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, villalad21 said:

It was the usual Mr Casual performance.

He didn't really look too bothered with the game.

Kodjia is not for me.

Casual?? I actually some him closing defenders down for once.  I don’t rate Kodija but no way did he not try yesterday.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 2

In fairness to him I thought he tried, just didn’t get a break. He is bound to be rusty, he hasn’t played competitively for ages. I am sure he knows this is his chance, it is set up for him to show case his stuff on the big stage now, he would be ludicrous to pass it up.

I thought he looked decent. Came on, worried a few defenders, made a couple of smart runs that occupied their back line, and got a feel for being out on a pitch playing first-team football again. Anybody expecting him to come on and bang in a quick brace after having been out for a couple of months is not being very fair. 

There are still a lot of questions about how he can fit into the side, and sadly I think he's more effective in a front two than as a lone striker, but with Davis out he'll be getting some minutes from now on. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

I thought he looked decent. Came on, worried a few defenders, made a couple of smart runs that occupied their back line, and got a feel for being out on a pitch playing first-team football again. Anybody expecting him to come on and bang in a quick brace after having been out for a couple of months is not being very fair. 

There are still a lot of questions about how he can fit into the side, and sadly I think he's more effective in a front two than as a lone striker, but with Davis out he'll be getting some minutes from now on. 

Kodija made a couple of good runs which I don’t think Wesley has made enough of recently as comes too deep. He didn’t time them right on this occasion though. 

Considering he’s been out so much I thought he was ok.

I think he may well play a part this season as he gets sharper. His ability to bamboozle defenders is still there ( as is his inability to know when to release the ball) and I see no reason why he shouldn’t score a few goals coming on as sub.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

Absolute joke of a player, jogged around when he came on and didn’t even make a challenge on mane for that goal 

It wasn't even his man, it was Engels'. He came up from behind him. You expect him to have eyes on the back of his head or something?

Not sure on his role in the corner. Was he marking someone or was his job just to head/kick away any low whipped corner, the sort of role Carew and Heskey were pretty good at (Benteke less so).

Given the corner went in that exact area I thought he should've got it away.

Probably should've just put Konsa on once it went to 1-1.

Â