Jonathan Kodjia

dont_do_it_doug.

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

You’ve got 10 minutes to press from the front for us. Couldn’t even be bothered to do that. Wouldn’t care if he never plays for us again.

He always looks to me, like he is coming on during a testimonial.

Not my kind of player, has the wrong mindset for me.....looks like a player just running his contract down....despite his obvious talent.

He simply doesn't do anything to make something happen for himself......passive in every sense.

Personally, i would forego a bit of talent......for desire and a will to win.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 3

Could be wrong but I imagine he's never played in a team that relies on the attacker pressing and hustling as much as we currently does.

Since Smith came in he's been injured a lot and missed tons of training and opportunities to learn our new system.

Added to that he's had serious injuries to his ankle and gotten older.

He does not have the skill set, body or possibly mindset to do what is required for us.

He's not the type of attacker suited to how we want to play, and certainly not to this league.

For me it's more down to not being able rather than not being bothered to.

Either way he's not good enough, but that doesn't mean he hasn't previously been effective for us..

New manager, new team, new league but after those injuries not the same Kodjia sadly.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, sne said:

Could be wrong but I imagine he's never played in a team that relies on the attacker pressing and hustling as much as we currently does.

Since Smith came in he's been injured a lot and missed tons of training and opportunities to learn our new system.

He does not have the skill set, body or possibly mindset to do what is required for us.

He's not the type of attacker suited to how we want to play, and certainly not to this league.

Either way he's not good enough, but that doesn't mean he hasn't previously been effective for us..

New manager, new team, new league but after those injuries not the same Kodjia sadly.

If he can’t even run and press for 10 minutes he shouldn’t even be playing football never mind at the highest level! 

You could have thrown me on the pitch for the last 10 minutes and I would have done more. Even pissed up!

6 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

If he can’t even run and press for 10 minutes he shouldn’t even be playing football never mind at the highest level! 

You could have thrown me on the pitch for the last 10 minutes and I would have done more. Even pissed up!

Now your stretching it.

Edited by TRO

1 hour ago, sne said:

We have a catalogue of players from the past.....who did it once.

13 minutes ago, TRO said:

Now your stretching it.

I’m being serious. How hard is to run at players that are passing it around at the back to rush them in to passing the ball. Yes I probably would have collapse a few minutes later but I would have least tried. 

His pressing was lazy. Plain and simple.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’m being serious. How hard is to run at players that are passing it around at the back to rush them in to passing the ball. Yes I probably would have collapse a few minutes later but I would have least tried. 

I'm up for a crowd funding page to get you a months wages to play as a pressing forward for villa, now that would be worth the entry fee :)

• Haha 4

28 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I don't think we can have been watching the same last ten minutes.

5 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I jesting about you doing it......but the serious bit, yes I agree.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

I don't need to. One player cannot pressure the Liverpool back four on his own into making mistakes, at a point in the game when they're having about 85% possession.

you are right.

It has to be done in packs or groups.

• Like 1

Â