Jonathan Kodjia

dont_do_it_doug.

So...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37220214

Aston Villa are in advanced talks with Bristol City striker Jonathan Kodjia over a deal which could rise to £15m.

The 26-year-old has scored 20 goals in 52 games for Bristol City since signing from French club Angers on a three-year deal for about £2m in July 2015.

The Ivory Coast international has also been the subject of interest from Derby County and Premier League side Hull.

Villa had reached an agreement to sign Hull frontman Abel Hernandez, but the move fell through over personal terms.

Kodjia is expected to leave Bristol City before Wednesday's transfer deadline.

Yes from me based on the very little I have seen and the few bits I have heard. Pacey, strong, scores goals. 19 Championship goals last season. 

Get him in and be done with it!

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

Video again...

Reminded me of Benteke during parts of watching that. I hope that he plays that way if he joins us. However, my concern is that he had a record of being on loan from 2012-2014 and had a record of 17 goals in 77 games during that time. But, if he brings his Bristol City form from last season to the Villa then he should do alright for us. I hope he does well for us if signed, especially for the fee being mentioned!

Just now, villarocker said:

Reminded me of Benteke during parts of watching that. I hope that he plays that way if he joins us. However, my concern is that he had a record of being on loan from 2012-2014 and had a record of 17 goals in 77 games during that time. But, if he brings his Bristol City form from last season to the Villa then he should do alright for us. I hope he does well for us if signed, especially for the fee being mentioned!

My pal who is not a Villa fan but is football bonkers said that he is a bit unpredictable like Benteke. Obviously he won't be as good, but he sounds quite dynamic. 

I doubt it will actually be £15m, unless he meets a certain amount of conditions, which if he does do, I'm sure we'll be more than happy to pay the money and he will have been worth it.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Gary Thomas said:

I likey.

Although not a goal, and I can't remember if he got the assist or if the ball was flicked on, but the highlights of our 2-0 home win against Forest show his tenacity. At one point he is fouled, but gets back up and crosses the ball in, Wilbraham scores.

Honestly that summary of it doesn't do it justice, he will really battle for the ball.

• Like 4

Thanks James! Just what I was hoping to hear, basically. What is his conversion rate like? Not from stats, but from your own eyes? 

Personally not bothered about the money. As you say, the reasons you have given explain it along with the knowledge that we have it. We've gotta just get it done at this stage, time's up. 

Â