Jonathan Kodjia

dont_do_it_doug.

41 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Will be very important for us as Davis is injured.

Hopefully Wesley stays fit and starts banging in the goals so we don’t have to see Kodija on the pitch. He was only brought on because Wesleys legs had gone and theres no alternative. 

Haven’t we got any youth strikers we can call up instead?

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

3 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Hopefully Wesley stays fit and starts banging in the goals so we don’t have to see Kodija on the pitch. He was only brought on because Wesleys legs had gone and theres no alternative. 

Haven’t we got any youth strikers we can call up instead?

I would love see more of Archer after that Crewe games, hope he in bench soon and lashes him to learn and taste the high level premiership centre half if we ahead 2-0 or 3-0 will help him development before sent loan away to hone these skills against experience centre half in low level leagues will do good him. Better than play kodjia and not much improvement week in and out.

Yet kodjia plenty time to prove me wrong but latest he don't changing my mind about him greeds and think about himself, want goal for himself it is old school forward type as modern is Team works to penetrate that why Liverpool don't play real forward use 3 inside forward switch each other and one take roles false 9 centre to drag centre half and penetrate.

which he didnt work well for our club but maybe work for other club like he did to Bristol and he did it to us for his first 2 seasons as it was set up for him, not for smith and he better under Bruce football which throw ball to him and let him get goal for us with his skill and finisher and now he is easy to defend cos we play forward rather sit and counter attack.

Edited by Danny_Villaman84
Clubs to season misspelled
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, zab6359 said:

Uninterested is how I'd describe him, will see out his contract if no one comes in for him in Jan which I doubt unfortunately.

He's why we need a new striker in Jan not Wesley!

I think its a mentality thing.....he is a sunshine player( not literally)when the chips are down he goes missing, not one to be in the trenches with.

In contrast......vardy will fight all game for an advantage.....not talking talent here, talking mentality.....We have had players like this years ago, Dean Saunders was always foraging and weaving to try to find an opening.

Thats the kind of addition we need......talent alone is not the answer.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

A lot of conclusions being drawn from two 15 minute cameos against 2 top 4 sides.

I imagine a lot of it is from having watched him since he came back from his ankle injuries and not looking quite the same as before?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sne said:

I imagine a lot of it is from having watched him since he came back from his ankle injuries and not looking quite the same as before?

I think the Kodjia from last season can still do a job deputizing for Wesley as he did Tammy.

Just now, Keyblade said:

I think the Kodjia from last season can still do a job deputizing for Wesley as he did Tammy.

Perhaps, it's a league up thou when it comes to opponents, defenders and the amount of time you get on the ball. Players are faster, stronger and more tactically astute. 

In the Championship we were also the team with possession, while here we are more often chasing the ball and forced to press and defend. 

Given enough time I'm sure he'd score the odd goal, he's just not someone I'd lean on in the PL

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

That's not wrong and yet I still think he'd offer more as a sub than Kodj

The big difference between Uncle A and Kodjia,  is that Uncle A will run and run, kodjia stops and walks the game out now.

• 2 weeks later...
On 07/11/2019 at 23:19, The Fun Factory said:

Not top flight material which shows 12 mil does not go very far nowadays.

To be fair, he wasn’t the same before the injury. That could be a proper factor.

He only featured in tough circumstances for a few minutes. 

Lets give him a better chance against a better opposition and see what he can do at this level.

Definitely not a long term prospect. But its not as we have choices for the next two months anyway.

On 04/11/2019 at 11:13, Dave-R said:

I think we missed the perfect time to sell him for 7 miĺl and do not think an offer will come in like that again. To me he just doesn't do anything to even suggest he's worth 500k at the moment.

Not for me.

By any barometer 7 million is peanuts compared to the trouble we could have been in if anything happened to westley after our other options failed to materialise. 

Sell him when the timing suits us, not the price tag!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Not for me.

By any barometer 7 million is peanuts compared to the trouble we could have been in if anything happened to westley after our other options failed to materialise. 

Sell him when the timing suits us, not the price tag!

Well considering he's only played about half hour of prem football this season, says to me and alot of others that we just need Kodjia's place took up by a better more suited player. For that half hour of football kodjia played I would of sold him for 7 mill and brought someone in from the u23's.

I'd be shocked if another club came in with an equal or better offer as he hasn't had anything up his sleeve for a long time. Kodjia wasn't even playing well in the championship, a goal here and there but nothing that would leave me excited. As many often say he's no where near the player he once was and I think he needs to go for himself and for our sake. He could start again elsewhere, fresh with new life as its not going to happen anymore at Villa especially while were in the Premier, he doesn't have it in him.

Kodjia is not the only one from the old regime that needs to go, I see at least five others besides kodjia that should move on because they are not what were needing here for one reason or another.

Though we do need the numbers and bigger squad side I would say untill it's sizeable you are right in a sense. I think we still have plenty of rebuilding to do in signing players, I'm not sure those who say we need a LB, Winger and Striker have thought about it. The WOLVES game highlighted how under manned we truly are and we may need another 6-8 signings on top of what we already have, even more if the six players I think should go need replacing as well.

22 hours ago, Dave-R said:

Well considering he's only played about half hour of prem football this season, says to me and alot of others that we just need Kodjia's place took up by a better more suited player. For that half hour of football kodjia played I would of sold him for 7 mill and brought someone in from the u23's.

I'm glad we havnt had to rely on kodjia because I agree with you that I dont think he has what it takes.

However what he offers is a sense of security. It's far better to have a seasoned international around the squad than another green kid for numourous reasons.

What price do you put on that? I'd say 7 million will be a snip if we stay up regardless of whether he plays another second.

As an aside there will be another round of incoming and outgoings soon but it has to be done in stages.

Edited by Nigel

On 07/11/2019 at 20:19, The Fun Factory said:

Not top flight material which shows 12 mil does not go very far nowadays.

especially when you think of Hogan and McCormack too.

We must be due a good one.

Â