Jonathan Kodjia

dont_do_it_doug.

11 minutes ago, TRO said:

but maybe the team wouldn't have the same amount of goals?

would Kodjia have acted/sacrificed himself as a decoy as well as Wes did for John McGinns goal against Spurs?

I'd rather play him out wide. Would he have scored less than the two each AEG and Trez have provided so far?

3 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

I'd rather play him out wide. Would he have scored less than the two each AEG and Trez have provided so far?

Yeah, but you have to add assists to that.....Its a team game.

I think Wes is built to be the near perfect Centre Forward.....I have no idea, if he would be good out wide.....but Kodjia, is not gritty or combative enough to make things happen at No 9

This league will offer you nothing......you have to be prepared to take it.

Kodjia is a talented player, but due to his lack of the above, that talent only serves him in the championship, where he can domineer, less talented defenders.....that is where his edge,comes from......when defenders show muscle, he goes missing.

In short he has difficulty applying the talent at this level.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

If we can get an in form Kodjia he is miles better than Wesley.

"if" being the magic word.....I thinks its more about application than form and I don't think we can change that.

Kodjia may have better feet than Wes....but overall, I'm not sure I agree.

also 1 is 22 and the other 29.....so the chances are 1 will get better.

On 23/11/2019 at 12:33, TRO said:

"if" being the magic word.....I think its more about application than form and I don't think we can change that.

On 23/11/2019 at 12:28, TRO said:

Yeah, but you have to add assists to that.....Its a team game.

I think Wes is built to be the near perfect Centre Forward.....I have no idea, if he would be good out wide.....but Kodjia, is not gritty or combative enough to make things happen at No 9

This league will offer you nothing......you have to be prepared to take it.

Kodjia is a talented player, but due to his lack of the above, that talent only serves him in the championship, where he can domineer, less talented defenders.....that is where his edge,comes from......when defenders show muscle, he goes missing.

In short he has difficulty applying the talent at this level.

Seems like a bit of a harsh judgement given that he has played zero games at this level. Has he even come on as a substitute yet? Lots of forwards are able to step up from the championship to the premier league.

20 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

Seems like a bit of a harsh judgement given that he has played zero games at this level. Has he even come on as a substitute yet? Lots of forwards are able to step up from the championship to the premier league.

I agree, lots of players , not just forwards, can step up, but lots equally can't.

You have to have the right ingredients in your armoury......I don't think he has.

1 hour ago, El-Reacho said:

How does anybody know given that he's never actually started as a striker under Smith?

you know when you just kinda do?.....I guess we have seen his attributes and it won't wash in this league.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

On 23/11/2019 at 12:33, TRO said:

"if" being the magic word.....I thinks its more about application than form and I don't think we can change that, easily.

5 hours ago, Farlz said:

Kodjia is finished. He'll be sold in the summer. 

Playing him over Wesley would be ridiculous. 

Couldn't agree more, you could see the beginning of the end of Kodjia in the championship.

We need better in his place, he's part of the six or more I'd let go over Jan and the summer the sooner they are all replaced the better as they are not playing and they are taking vital space up that can be better used to fortify our squad.

Kodjia,Taylor, Elmo, Davis, Kalanic, greene, Lansbo and Hogan, I think we will see the end of them, some gone January the rest in the summer.

Edited by Dave-R

4 hours ago, Dave-R said:

Couldn't agree more, you could see the beginning of the end of Kodjia in the championship.

We need better in his place, he's part of the six or more I'd let go over Jan and the summer the sooner they are all replaced the better as they are not playing and they are taking vital space up that can be better used to fortify our squad.

Kodjia,Taylor, Elmo, Davis, Kalanic, greene, Lansbo and Hogan, I think we will see the end of them, some gone January the rest in the summer.

We still need depth. I think, Elmo, Davis and Lansbo could be kept for a while.

51 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

We still need depth. I think, Elmo, Davis and Lansbo could be kept for a while.

Davis, Lansbo I'd keep till we can replace with numbers, Elmo I'm mixed about because he's hit and miss in how good he's going to put a game In.

The rest are done in my eyes, it's a shame but I truly thank them all for there service and what's er time they gave us. Villa must move on and the club needs to prepare and adapt by bringing in more players who can better be of service with quality that fits our systems needs.

33 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Davis, Lansbo I'd keep till we can replace with numbers, Elmo I'm mixed about because he's hit and miss in how good he's going to put a game In.

The rest are done in my eyes, it's a shame but I truly thank them all for there service and what's er time they gave us. Villa must move on and the club needs to prepare and adapt by bringing in more players who can better be of service with quality that fits our systems needs.

Thats obviously what the club is willing to do. But you can’t have a full squad or depth at one night or even a season.

Not many quality players will come while they know they’re a second choice. So obviously what we need to do is improving the first team eventually which will make average players on our current squad atleast rotate. 

Will we buy another 4-6 players? Or shall we spend big in 3-4 players? 

We definitely need improvement upfront so thats a striker and a winger atleast.

We might do with a midfielder depending on Luiz situation or if we found a very good gem. Full back is interesting, I think a new one who can fill right and left would be fine. With Hause and Elmo around.

13 hours ago, Dave-R said:

Elmo has not long signed a new contract and has shown he can be useful in this squad. Wouldn't say January is the right time for a big clear out though.

8 hours ago, Dave-R said:

IMO the amount of assists he got in run to play off finals including passes that led to penalties he wasn't credited for he can stay for as long as he likes. Was crucial in our promotion

Edited by Kiwivillan

On 23/11/2019 at 12:19, VillaChris said:

Before Mondays game Anwar had 2 goals and 3 assists and Trez had 2 goals and an assist. I think kodjia would probably have 3 goals but wouldn't have contributed to our goals as much as trez or el ghazi have. 

Â