Keinan Davis

a-k

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Not really. I guarantee there are multiple stats that prove we are not always a better team with him on the pitch 

The stats are not absolute for my interpretation of something. So no. Try again.

And you haven't shown the stats either, so lets just say the stats shows we are better with Davis.

18 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

If our choice is playing him up front or playing with 10 men, the palace game convinces me that the latter is the option to go for.

He's **** shite and has no place being the second choice striker in a premier league squad. He has a 1 in 31 goalscoring ratio now, and those goals were in the Championship. He should be playing 2 or 3 tiers below this. He's the academy Jordan Bowery.

I agree he'll never be a PL striker and reckon we sign another striker next summer then he's off, probably to the championship. The Wesley injury and other positions being priority last summer stopped him being there already

14 minutes ago, poitier said:

I still think he has incredible potential, it is his injury record that has me more worried. I think if he gets game time he will prove his worth.

Yeah I agree... I mean there was that game he scored 12 goals and ran the show... Actually there was that spell where he scored 8 goals in ten games...maybe I'm getting confused, there surely is evidence somewhere that he has this potential...

Got it. Yep. It's lack of chances and playing at such a high level for a kid that has prevented him from showing us his very best;

Premier League; 22 appearances no goals, no assists

Championship; 40 appearances, 2 goals and one assist

League Cup; 9 appearances, 2 goals and two assists (Burton Albion and Crewe Alexander)

Total 71 appearances, 4 goals.

Prolific. But he's only 22 (older than Luiz and much older than Ramsey). But he's one of us...except he's from Stevenage and we signed him from Biggleswade Town when Stevenage released him.

Yeah I'm stuck.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

When that chance fell to him I thought tonight finally it's gotta happen then that fooker Bailly came out of nowhere.

It’s always the same if it was someone it would be in its not happening for him

21 minutes ago, jackbauer24 said:

Yeah I agree... I mean there was that game he scored 12 goals and ran the show... Actually there was that spell where he scored 8 goals in ten games...maybe I'm getting confused, there surely is evidence somewhere that he has this potential...

Got it. Yep. It's lack of chances and playing at such a high level for a kid that has prevented him from showing us his very best;

Premier League; 22 appearances no goals, no assists

Championship; 40 appearances, 2 goals and one assist

League Cup; 9 appearances, 2 goals and two assists (Burton Albion and Crewe Alexander)

Total 71 appearances, 4 goals.

Prolific. But he's only 22 (older than Luiz and much older than Ramsey). But he's one of us...except he's from Stevenage and we signed him from Biggleswade Town when Stevenage released him.

Yeah I'm stuck.

If you think a players worth is purely defined by the number of goals then ok. Is it really inconceivable that a forward can merit a place due to overall contribution to the team? 

25 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

When that chance fell to him I thought tonight finally it's gotta happen then that fooker Bailly came out of nowhere.

It was tough on him.....but you have to be quick in this game......the brain has to be quick.....we do need more time than some of these utd players.......would we have scored the Martial goal?

its what we have to aspire to....

Edited by TRO

Have said it before, but it is inexplicable to me that we went into a season with him as our main backup striker, given that it was known all along that Wesley would not be back until late in the season if at all.

I like Keinan's strength and hold-up play, but he simply doesn't have the cutting-edge to be a striker at this level. Often see people on here doubting the value of loans, but he is a player who would probably have benefitted from playing a lot more football in the lower tiers. Maybe he'd have developed that instinct, but he's never going to score more than 1 if he's coming off the bench for 5 mins at the end of games, and he's not going to be given more minutes because he doesn't score.

Maybe he'll start against Liverpool's reserves?

• Like 1

As said in the match thread, a thousand Davis' could head a thousand crosses for a thousand years and still not score.

I like him, he's got decent hold up play and work rate and strength. But he's got no composure at all and he's just not a goalscorer and never will be at the top level. He has the tools to become like Heskey at his peak was (but with even less goals), the forward with a skillful striker playing off him, but he's not going to do it here as we just don't play that way.

Needs to move down into the Championship/League One and develop a career there. And we need better backup.

Would have VillaTalk down as a knowledgeable lot but some of the comments on here...jesus.

Guy has made so few starts for us and is made of glass, but his input at times has been excellent in his hold-up play and linking with others. Not suggesting that he is that good or perhaps even Prem quality, but has he even had a "proper" chance? Low wage and still think he has good potential. Grealish has raved about him in interviews.

Trezeguet, Targett, Konsa, Douglas, El Ghazi, Hause have all been written off at various stages of their Villa careers and have had more runs in the team than Keinan, but they have all proven their worth. Maybe the management actually know what they're doing and trust the process of squeezing potential out. Could easily still happen, even if his best attribute is never his finishing.

• Like 2

I like the kid but I think it’s not going to happen for him. Would be really good to get another striker in this month. If Wesley comes back and Davis is striker number 4 I’m fine with that, but I don’t think we can have him as number 2.

53 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Have said it before, but it is inexplicable to me that we went into a season with him as our main backup striker, given that it was known all along that Wesley would not be back until late in the season if at all.

I like Keinan's strength and hold-up play, but he simply doesn't have the cutting-edge to be a striker at this level. Often see people on here doubting the value of loans, but he is a player who would probably have benefitted from playing a lot more football in the lower tiers. Maybe he'd have developed that instinct, but he's never going to score more than 1 if he's coming off the bench for 5 mins at the end of games, and he's not going to be given more minutes because he doesn't score.

Maybe he'll start against Liverpool's reserves?

I don’t think it’s that hard to understand. Smith plays 1 striker so he needs 3 strikers in his squad.

Our aim this season was a mid table finish, and he’s signed players good enough to achieve that (even if Watkins gets injured).

Next summer we’ll no doubt add some talent and Davis will be moved on.

I don’t really like the stick Davis gets though. I think he’ll be a useful player at Championship level (or even lower half PL) with a manager who plays a front 2.

That chance today was well defended and plenty of strikers would have done f all with it.

• Like 1

Â