Keinan Davis

a-k

14 hours ago, nick76 said:

Fixed for you!

At best Davis on the bench and then 4th choice striker after Watkins, Wes (when back) and Traore.  Davis shouldn’t get into this team unless every other option is exhausted and injuries are crippling us.

I agree. I'd stick Trezeguet or El Ghazi up there before we had Keinan Davis starting in the PL, that he doesn't even get cameos when games are over says it all. The bloke's not far off 23 and has 2 league goals to his name ffs. He'll end up in League 1 or 2 within a couple of seasons of leaving us.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, nick76 said:

Fixed for you!

At best Davis on the bench and then 4th choice striker after Watkins, Wes (when back) and Traore.  Davis shouldn’t get into this team unless every other option is exhausted and injuries are crippling us.

He has to score, otherwise he is taking up a place of a player that can.

There are a number of different types of striker, diminuitive and quick.....big and strong.....it doesn't matter, as long as they score.

I like Keinan and have always hoped he would make it.....but i think the time is not too far away, when we have to make a decision on him.

we cannot continue with his rate of injuries and no goals.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, TRO said:

There are a number of different types of striker, diminuitive and quick.....big and strong.....it doesn't matter, as long as they score.

I like Keinan and have always hoped he would make it.....but i think the time is not too far away, when we have to make a decision on him.

These owners mean business.

Wes and Keinan both needs to leave.

This is all a part of the building process. They were fine in a relegation scrap but now we need strikers at the level of Watkins to keep improve.

They both played a part in keeping us up last season and i thank them for that but in the summer i expect them to move on. We've outgrown them.

Edited by villalad21

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

This is all a part of the building process. They were fine in a relegation scrap but now we need strikers at the level of Watkins to keep improve.

They both played a part in keeping us up last season and i thank them for that but in the summer i expect them to move on. We've outgrown them.

i don't get your strong stance on wes. Fair point on KD but i think wes needs another crack at showing what he's cspable of

5 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Wes not yet, needs to be given the chance again. Davis I agree on if he cant bring any goals this season.

14 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Re Wes - They paid 20m+ for him and only seen half a season and until they have seen what he's capable of once he's back I dont expect them to do anything with him.  When he does come back this season will be just getting back up to speed given it is likely Feb before we see him around the squad and the need to get back to normal after such an injury and time out, and thus it'll be next season before he will be assessed whether he has something in his locker that we can use.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 29/11/2020 at 20:30, TRO said:

I don't agree. I am not saying that Keinan in particular does enough to warrant a place in the squad, but all that really matters is that as a unit Aston Villa score more goals than the opposition, and we should pick the best team possible in order to give us the opportunity to do that, no matter where we expect the goals to come from. 

3 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I don't agree. I am not saying that Keinan in particular does enough to warrant a place in the squad, but all that really matters is that as a unit Aston Villa score more goals than the opposition, and we should pick the best team possible in order to give us the opportunity to do that, no matter where we expect the goals to come from. 

Very much so, Adomah was scoring for fun from the left wing when Davis was up front and his lack of goals wasn't much of a problem. 

I can't see him starting, but coming on from the bench later on in the game adds an extra dimension to our game. 

For what it's worth Jack seems to really rate him and I can see why. Just needs to find his shooting boots

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Strongest player in the squad according to Grealish

Doesnt surprise me, if only his individual parts and connective tissues were just as strong.

Its his injuries which have actually ruined is career more than anyting else.

1 hour ago, WooJung said:

Very much so, Adomah was scoring for fun from the left wing when Davis was up front and his lack of goals wasn't much of a problem. 

I can't see him starting, but coming on from the bench later on in the game adds an extra dimension to our game. 

For what it's worth Jack seems to really rate him and I can see why. Just needs to find his shooting boots

I love Jack to pieces but Jack also loved Ross McCormack, and given his antics this year liked him outside of footy as well.  Doesnt matter whether Jack really rates him, it's what he can do for the team and having huge strength is great but his other attributes let's him down.  I'm hoping he gets nowhere near the pitch and considering we havent really seen him yet at all in the league hopefully Dean sees it the same way. 

I rate Davis. Higher than Wes, but I know I'm rather alone in that.

I think Keinan has such interesting set of attributes. Pretty quick feet, direct, incredibly strong, great hold-up play.

He obviously isn't a great goalscorer, but if he was with those attributes he'd be ridiculous.

I'm just hoping he can stay injury free and develop that part of his game and maybe a bit of confidence.

A loan might be the best option mind, if we can sign a striker.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

I recall someone saying at VP years ago they know the medical department and how they were saying Keinan was now compromised for life playing injured under Bruce for months.

Every passing month I realise he wasnt bullshitting.

He will never stay fit.

How is that even allowed though?

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

How is that even allowed though?

James Chester. The club exploit the fact that players want to play and will do so even if it risks injury complications. Cortisone injections are absurdly common in football. Good job there's no proper drug testing. 

Edited by villa89
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Yeah, I agree with that, Dave

but we confined the debate, to types of strikers, in the Keinan Davis thread.

2 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I rate Davis. Higher than Wes, but I know I'm rather alone in that.

I think Keinan has such interesting set of attributes. Pretty quick feet, direct, incredibly strong, great hold-up play.

He obviously isn't a great goalscorer, but if he was with those attributes he'd be ridiculous.

I'm just hoping he can stay injury free and develop that part of his game and maybe a bit of confidence.

A loan might be the best option mind, if we can sign a striker.

You’re not alone in that. I fully agree with you.

• Like 1

I also think Keinan has better potential then Wesley. But as others have said he needs to find goals, that's not 20+ a season but he'd need to be hitting 10+ and also for his body to hold up. But when you get so many injuries so young, the likelihood is it's not ever going to change for him. I'm really sad for him as he has worked so hard to improve himself from when he first joined the club.

Â