Keinan Davis

a-k

I know the game is all about opinions, but those of you that honestly think this kid has more potential than Wesley are just wrong 😉

1 hour ago, av1 said:

I know the game is all about opinions, but those of you that honestly think this kid has more potential than Wesley are just wrong 😉

I would just like to think that both will come good.

will they?

I really don't know.

I really want both to make it.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, nick76 said:

I love Jack to pieces but Jack also loved Ross McCormack, and given his antics this year liked him outside of footy as well.  Doesnt matter whether Jack really rates him, it's what he can do for the team and having huge strength is great but his other attributes let's him down.  I'm hoping he gets nowhere near the pitch and considering we havent really seen him yet at all in the league hopefully Dean sees it the same way. 

I think it's an unfair assessment, it's not just his strength, he's quick, his control of the ball is good, hold up play is top notch, decent passing and dribbling. He doesn't have the killer instinct and that's quite a big flaw, but if the system manages to have players around him score enough goals then I don't see too much of an issue. 

14 hours ago, WooJung said:

I think it's an unfair assessment, it's not just his strength, he's quick, his control of the ball is good, hold up play is top notch, decent passing and dribbling. He doesn't have the killer instinct and that's quite a big flaw, but if the system manages to have players around him score enough goals then I don't see too much of an issue. 

If he was that good....I mean, all these top class attributes surely would warrant a place in the team somewhere yet he’s getting no league game time at all, not even five minutes here or there...suggests you are over exaggerating his attributes somewhat.

15 hours ago, birdman said:

Not sure Davis is a striker. Perhaps a change of position is in order? 

Said it before, he would make an excellent DFM, strong, quick, good in the tackle, can pass etc 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, nick76 said:

If he was that good....I mean, all these top class attributes surely would warrant a place in the team somewhere yet he’s getting no league game time at all, not even five minutes here or there...suggests you are over exaggerating his attributes somewhat.

So why was he given a new long term contract if he as bad as you say? Genuine question.

15 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Mostly because he's permanently injured, I suspect.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, zab6359 said:

So why was he given a new long term contract if he as bad as you say? Genuine question.

2 reasons for me

• We don't lose him for free and can get a fee for him. 
  • We are light upfront with Wes injured and no other strikers if Ollie gets injured.  Ollie has a great injury record so seems less concern for quality back up (Hope I'm not tempting fate) and would a quality striker come to us where we ended up last season in the league to not get any game time in the league....highly unlikely.  Having Davis around covers for any potential injury to Ollie.
  • (third reason maybe that we are hoping we are more attractive to better strikers because of higher league position this season)

Why do I think this? because it's hard to get a good fee with a short contract, he doesnt get paid much so not a big expense for us.  If he was truly an crucial part of the team why have the other extensions like Grealish and McGinn get extensions until 2025 but Davis is only until 2024.  Yes not a major difference but to me is telling that having a year left unlikely to get a reasonable fee but 2 or 3 years you do.  He's not getting any league game time even as a sub, even a five minute sub and then again he's injured again with his ankle....

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Mostly because he's permanently injured, I suspect.

Hard to have the right emoticon to put to this but I agree somewhat but at the same time when he is fit he gets no league game time at all even as a sub.  His injury record, for whichever club he plays for, looks like it will be the biggest problem for his career because it's too often and is obviously not doing his body any good.  This part I feel sorry for him.  Still dont think he's good enough otherwise.  

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Hard to have the right emoticon to put to this but I agree somewhat but at the same time when he is fit he gets no league game time at all even as a sub.  His injury record, for whichever club he plays for, looks like it will be the biggest problem for his career because it's too often and is obviously not doing his body any good.  This part I feel sorry for him.  Still dont think he's good enough otherwise.  

I would love the kid to make it, but there has to come a time, when we can wait no longer.

26 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Has DS actually said what's up now?

It was reported he missed the Brighton game with a "knock." Only trouble is that game was 3 and a half weeks now.

Ankle injury according to Birmingham Mail I think was the source

• 2 weeks later...
Â