Keinan Davis

a-k

41 minutes ago, Kingman said:

Apparently in talks with Stoke about a loan move for rest of the season 

Must mean we're very close to getting someone in, perhaps not for Liverpool but hopefully over the weekend.

Wouldn't make sense at all to leave getting a striker in to last minute given we might have another 7 games in that period.

If Traore is still starting aswell means we have 0 striking options on the bench unless we promote Louie Barry for a few games.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, barry'sboots said:

Let's loan him out to the B-lose to replace the ineffective Hogan.

Win win .... if he scores we get to see his capability and we can either bring him back or sell him (maybe even to them and then he stops scoring like Agent Hogan) and if he doesn't then B-lose are completely stuffed and may get relegated!!

Let's not. Why should we do them any more favours? I don't see them falling over themselves to do us any. I would not want to see Keinan have to put their filthy shirt on, what has he done to deserve that? They are also more likely to get relegated without him, than with him, in my opinion. Not that I would want to see that happen again. ;) 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, TRO said:

We have to sometimes spare a thought for managers......their jobs are on the line......they have to trust players to do a job.

I know what you mean but in all honesty I would love to have their job at the top end.  

Yes you get all the rubbish thrown at you and people hating you when you are doing bad.  

Otherwise you get paid a fortune and if sacked get your contract paid out, which is a fortune.  Most likely you’ll get the same job just at a different club after that.

But for me they get to do what all us middle age men (plus others) do on our computers and on these forums, in managing and picking the team.  Yes I know there is more to it than that but would’ve I rather be managing finance teams like I do or managing a football team....only one answer.

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

I know what you mean but in all honesty I would love to have their job at the top end.  

Yes you get all the rubbish thrown at you and people hating you when you are doing bad.  

Otherwise you get paid a fortune and if sacked get your contract paid out, which is a fortune.  Most likely you’ll get the same job just at a different club after that.

But for me they get to do what all us middle age men (plus others) do on our computers and on these forums, in managing and picking the team.  Yes I know there is more to it than that but would’ve I rather be managing finance teams like I do or managing a football team....only one answer.

The funny thing is Nick they're probably managing more finance, than a finance manager, with the money in football ( just kidding) yeah.......but back to your thing...would Dean or Chris Wilder get jobs like they have now?

Dosen't seem much for his motivation if he's just content to be back up and have 5 minute cameos tbh. Would be banging on DS door to get a loan move to championship this month if he's really serious about his career kicking on in next few years.

19 minutes ago, Loxstock92 said:

That Villa report again! spreading all sorts 😉

I imagine he isn’t going anywhere until Wesley returns or we find a suitable replacement,  a loan would benefit both parties if we had suitable options on the bench but I can’t see us moving for a striker this window.

46 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

I imagine he isn’t going anywhere until Wesley returns or we find a suitable replacement,  a loan would benefit both parties if we had suitable options on the bench but I can’t see us moving for a striker this window.

Can’t see it myself either. As much as I’d love keinan to go on loan and get more starting opportunities I can’t  see us bringing in anyone new (FFP) and still not sold on Wesleys progress and ability to play this season. 

1 hour ago, TRO said:

The funny thing is Nick they're probably managing more finance, than a finance manager, with the money in football ( just kidding) yeah.......but back to your thing...would Dean or Chris Wilder get jobs like they have now?

I think they probably yes for different reasons.

I don’t mean to be disrespectful but Sheff Utd aren’t a big club so could easily see Wilder getting a top Championship/Newly promoted/Small premiership club.

Dean, if continues, is starting to get a Moyes at Everton type of reputation.  Obviously not exactly the same but a manager that get players playing together, players not jam packed with world class players but still competing against the big teams.  You can see boards and owners wanting to see that at their clubs even if it goes a bit wrong eventually at Villa (Hopefully it won’t).

It seems managers get a couple of chances at top level even if they have a few failures in their CV.

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Dosen't seem much for his motivation if he's just content to be back up and have 5 minute cameos tbh. Would be banging on DS door to get a loan move to championship this month if he's really serious about his career kicking on in next few years.

Who says he is happy to do that? He may well have been asking for a loan move since the summer, but being told no as we only have 1 other fit striker.

I prefer we don't know these things for certain as if we do it means his agent is leaking to the media!

6 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

Don't want to see Davis in a Villa shirt ever again, though I know I will.

6 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

Hands down the stupidest post I've seen on this forum.

Was going to echo this sentiment in a slightly more aggressive manner, but I can't face another warning 😂

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

Hands down the stupidest post I've seen on this forum.

And this is supposed to be intelligent?

Please tell us why it's "stupid" for someone to not want to see a 22-year-old striker with 4 goals in 71 appearances play for the club again?

Keinan Davis has been given chance after chance to prove himself and has failed to do it at both Championship and Premier League level.

For comparison, Scott Hogan's record was much better, and he was absolutely castigated.

Edited by est1874

3 hours ago, Loxstock92 said:

That Villa report again! spreading all sorts 😉

i reckon he has 6 months left as a villa player personally. i don't see him cutting it in the PL but we really have no one else. wesley will immediately be above him when he returns, and i expect we will find someone in the summer better than wesley. which i doubt will be too difficult.

47 minutes ago, est1874 said:

And this is supposed to be intelligent?

Please tell us why it's "stupid" for someone to not want to see a 22-year-old striker with 4 goals in 71 appearances play for the club again?

Keinan Davis has been given chance after chance to prove himself and has failed to do it at both Championship and Premier League level.

For comparison, Scott Hogan's record was much better, and he was absolutely castigated.

Scott Hogan just needed more time and we should have played to his strengths...

Â