The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

8 minutes ago, a-k said:

Wouldn't this be the reason to use Jack?

Yeah Jack certainly is capable of running the ball from one end to another on counter and then the media go says but it's the type of game for someone else.

Im not sure I'll even be watching the game, I can find playing with insects in the mud much more interesting or staring at the wall watching drypaint.

Or

I'll just shove xvideos on and watch some soccermoms.

Either way I'll be entertained.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Villa87 said:

😂 I’m beyond getting angry about it now. Only England would not be building a team around Grealish. 

It shows the poor quality of the manager, playing players out of position to fit his system rather than creating system(s) built around the players.

Grealish should be playing, we all know that, but I don’t think his effort levels in the last game were great. 

Tin hat on, but I can see why he isn’t in the team. 

Unfortunately, we have an ultra defensive, conservative manager in Southgate and I imagine he’ll be in charge for the next 2 years at least. Grealish has absolutely no chance in ever being a mainstay in this side. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

I don't want England to be embarrassed, it's Southgate. I think the excuse for England would be that got this clown in the role.

I still think it'd have to be around 6 or 7 goals against us for a sacking, somehow as well I fear we will be backed into a corner tonight and be playing like the newboy in the premier who usually always has there back against the wall.

It's not a hammering that would get him sacked. A 1 nil defeat tonight and we go out in round of 16s having scored 2 goals in 4 games. If that doesnt get you sacked given our attacking options, then I dont know what can.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, turvontour said:

It's not a hammering that would get him sacked. A 1 nil defeat tonight and we go out in round of 16s having scored 2 goals in 4 games. If that doesnt get you sacked given our attacking options, then I dont know what can.

With the array of attacking options he has that would be nothing short of criminal!

1 hour ago, QldVilla said:

Might get your wish depending on the Germans mood. They could get 3-4 goals if their motivated.

They could also concede 3-4 goals depending on their mood.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Grealish should be playing, we all know that, but I don’t think his effort levels in the last game were great. 

Unfortunately, we have an ultra defensive, conservative manager in Southgate and I imagine he’ll be in charge for the next 2 years at least. Grealish has absolutely no chance in ever being a mainstay in this side. 

I don’t think Grealish today sets up that Watkins goal in the video above , he’s not back to those levels yet since his injury , but he still offers more to the team than most.

Few months back Jack was behind Calvert -Lewin for the Left wing slot at England , now he’s second choice to Sterling , so he’s made some progress in terms of Southgate rating him , but I agree with you , I don’t see him ever being one of the first names on the team sheet under Southgate .

Having seen France, Portugal and the Netherlands go out, Southgate and co will rigidly stick to their boring style of play. There is no room for Jack in that setup, too unpredictable.

It's a shame, but they may well have stumbled on a formula to win without looking good doing so. If we were to win the championship I doubt the majority would mind,  but it won't be pretty if we do.

Pretty disappointed that it seems Jack won’t start tonight. But it is what it is at this point. Southgate’s never going to change so the best we can hope for is that Grealish comes home free from injury and signs the new contract.

I wouldn’t say no to a winning goal from the bench though. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, turvontour said:

He won't get sacked. He doesn't lose many games. Though that's not hard with the way internationals and tournaments are set up these days.

24 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

They could also concede 3-4 goals depending on their mood.

You may be right, but England haven't been showing that intent for goal, yet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

And yet he was the second best player on the pitch, only behind Saka. 

What does that mean for the other players effort levels?

Chill people Jack will play if we struggle to score. If we win without him then so be it and Southgate will be hailed as the second coming. This will not be an easy game though and there is little evidence to suggest we will tear it up against them. Probably be a very tight, cagey affair and may well require Jack's skillset at some point. Let's hope for a great game despite our collective despair at the managers style! 

17 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Having seen France, Portugal and the Netherlands go out, Southgate and co will rigidly stick to their boring style of play. There is no room for Jack in that setup, too unpredictable.

It's a shame, but they may well have stumbled on a formula to win without looking good doing so. If we were to win the championship I doubt the majority would mind,  but it won't be pretty if we do.

We will lose tonight playing this boring football, we scraped two goals, the goal against Croatia was more fortunate than tactically astute management.

I don’t envision us scoring any tonight, so it could easily have been 1 goal scored out of 4 goals, I mean 2 out of 4 games is still pretty crap, Switzerland scored 3 last night alone against France! 

Can we see England scoring 3 against France?

Croatia scored 3 in one game against Spain… I know we fluked victory over Croatia, but in one game Croatia scored more than we will have all tournament. 

We have no hope in hell of achieving anything in this tournament. 

It’s an absolute embarrassment to have all this talent and produce the football we have and The FA need to give this some serious consideration.

We need Grealish on to win freekicks so we can get our players and the ball into the box so we actually have a threat. 

Sterling running the channels and then not passing to anyone is not a good footballing tactic as he inevitably gets tackled after attempting to take it past the same player 50 times and then we are on the back foot again. 

Im only exasperated and frustrated by Southgate, and I used to like him as a player until he went all clearing in the woods mode. 

1 hour ago, turvontour said:

The FA have already said he's in place till after the World Cup and they are looking to extend his contract.  Losing all 3 group games may have got him the sack, but now he's very safe.  Jack will have to tear up the PL  this season (again) and hope that Southgate has some kind of epiphany on how to play tournament football to have a chance of being more than a bit part international player. Very sad.

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

Yea his assist for the games only goal was a minor highlight 🤔

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, AVFCforever1991 said:

Apparently he supported United growing up according the folks on Blue Moon

IMG_20210629_081941.jpg

Thankfully somebody has gone on to put them right.  Can someone now sign up to Redcafe and do the same please?

Â