The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Just now, tinker said:

Yea his assist for the games only goal was a minor highlight 🤔

Like I say, I think he should be starting. I just don’t think his all round effort levels in the last game were great, which is why he probably won’t start this game. 

You’ve got to remember, Grealish is the absolute antithesis of Southgate-ball. He’s a maverick, a showman, he’s unpredictable. Southgate hates everything about this. He prefers hard working players who aren’t allowed to stray from their set positions and who have a specific set of instructions each match. You can see it with the way Foden and Grealish play for England. They don’t look anything like the players they do for their league clubs. 

I remember listening to a podcast once with Lee Hendrie and he said Southgate hated him at the Villa because he saw him as a party boy, a roy of the rovers type who didn’t train hard and wasn’t dedicated. I don’t think it’s any coincidence that Southgate dislikes Jack because he has that image in the media too. The good looking boy about town. 

Grealish can count himself extremely lucky that the England manager happens to be this failed fraud just at the time he enters his prime. It’s a travesty to football really. 

1 hour ago, turvontour said:

It's not a hammering that would get him sacked. A 1 nil defeat tonight and we go out in round of 16s having scored 2 goals in 4 games. If that doesnt get you sacked given our attacking options, then I dont know what can.

There'd be a big excuse for him no doubt and full backing still thrown behind him, I feel he's our England manager for the foreseeable future.

Edited by Dave-R

17 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Like I say, I think he should be starting. I just don’t think his all round effort levels in the last game were great, which is why he probably won’t start this game. 

You’ve got to remember, Grealish is the absolute antithesis of Southgate-ball. He’s a maverick, a showman, he’s unpredictable. Southgate hates everything about this. He prefers hard working players who aren’t allowed to stray from their set positions and who have a specific set of instructions each match. You can see it with the way Foden and Grealish play for England. They don’t look anything like the players they do for their league clubs. 

I remember listening to a podcast once with Lee Hendrie and he said Southgate hated him at the Villa because he saw him as a party boy, a roy of the rovers type who didn’t train hard and wasn’t dedicated. I don’t think it’s any coincidence that Southgate dislikes Jack because he has that image in the media too. The good looking boy about town. 

Grealish can count himself extremely lucky that the England manager happens to be this failed fraud just at the time he enters his prime. It’s a travesty to football really. 

I think his effort in the first half was fine and obviously dropped off in the second. The main problem is that Jack was often in acres of space in the middle and his team mates weren't always trying to get the ball to him. This made him look ineffective at times but it was more a failure of the system or individual players around him. The team isnt built around "get the ball to Jack" unfortunately. He definitely could have been more pro active though in the second half but maybe this is to do with lack of experience for England. In hindsight I'm sure he's thinking I should have demanded the ball more or just gone after it when his team mates were fannying around doing nothing. I reckon Jack will be even better should he get another chance! 

• Like 1

If tonight’s game is turgid from the start I hope the England fans get on Southgates back early on and make it known this anti-football is not what we want to be known for. 

Oh and I hope there’s chants for Grealish from the start. 

1 hour ago, ender4 said:

Started 6 games for England.

MOTM in 4 of the games, an assist in the other two games.  Is that right?

Yes but he made zero goal line clearances and no crunching defensive tackles. His goal kicks were nonexistent as were his long balls out of defence. As for running as fast as possible like a headless chicken, don’t get me started.  

Until he gets this running with the ball, driving forward, drawing fouls and setting up goals malarkey out of his game,  I think you’ll find he won’t impress our wonderful national manager. Buck up your ideas young man and while you’re at it get a proper haircut like your boss. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I've got no problem with Saka starting.

Really, really like him as a player

Kane

Sterling

Jack.         Mount.        Saka

Phillips

Shaw.    Maguire    Stones. James

Pickford 

No chance.

8 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I've got no problem with Saka starting.

Really, really like him as a player

I agree. The best half of football we've played was the last game against the Czechs. Only game for me that we looked like a proper side.

2 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

On Blue Moon someone posted he was a boyhood United fan before he joined Villa 🤦‍♂️

9 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

If you’re going to play with wingbacks Saka has to be one of the first names on the team sheet. 

I doubt he will he playing Saka wing back. In the leaked line-up, it's 5 at the back. 2 defensive mids. Then a front three of Kane, Sterling and Saka. 

We might shithouse a win. The German team is mediocre. But for all the wealth of attacking talent on offer, it's incredible that Southgate chooses to play like this. He's worse than Pulis. I haven't seen a manager ever have attacking talent this good, and choose to play such a negative, turgid brand of football. He's a joke   

• Like 2

Â