The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

3 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Why do you think he’s a ‘slabhead’? He’s Manchester United’s and England’s best defender for me

It's his nickname (I think Vardy started it) because he's got quite a large head which could be likened to a slab.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

But on the other hand we are also thinking FFP means teams can spend like crazy? So which is it?

FFP hasn't been cancelled or gone away - teams can't lose any more money than they could before - what UEFA have done is rolled this year and next year into one combined year where a club can lose £60m and then said that when considering losses over a multi-year period, they'll count those two as one year so at the end of next season we'll be looking at a four year rather than three year period - that lets teams spread the CV hit they've taken so far over two seasons.

There are ways teams can use that to spread losses, or manipulate the periods in which certain things appear - but they're still tied to exactly the same principles as they were before - only the calculation dates have changed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Enda said:

Our club wouldn’t stump up £25m for Benrahma and now you think we’d turn down £90m for Grealish? Delusional, IMHO.

I will be amazed if we get north of £70m for him. Ten pound to VT if we do. Can see us accepting considerably less than that.

Based on what?

Saw a snippet on Sky Sports earlier from a reporter outside VP.  Seemed to be softening their stance if you ask me.  Saying it would have to be a massive offer, that Man U have other targets first and pointing out his MY club tweet.

I read into it that they know absolutely nothing.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

Based on what?

1. I put less stock in Jack using capital letters in a tweet than other people. He was in a celebratory mood and probably already half cut.

2. He has, repeatedly, refused to commit to Villa. His head is turned.

3. When asked, our manager said he’d have to talk to the owners.

4. People saying we don’t need the money have a different view of our owners/CEO than me. If there was this pot of money available to spend, in January we’d have dug a bit deeper than Baston, Drinkwater, and Samatta. I think we’re a lot more cheap than other posters do and, after a bit of haggling, that our Board would accept a bid in the £60m range. If Jack quietly places a transfer request, I see that number dropping.

I’d be delighted if we got £100m for him, but I do not see that happening. We are not Mam City and we are not run by Daniel Levy. think a lot of people here are naive.

And I’m willing to put my money where my mouth is.

1 minute ago, Enda said:

1. I put less stock in Jack using capital letters in a tweet than other people. He was in a celebratory mood and probably already half cut.

2. He has, repeatedly, refused to commit to Villa. His head is turned.

3. When asked, our manager said he’d have to talk to the owners.

4. People saying we don’t need the money have a different view of our owners/CEO than me. If there was this pot of money available to spend, in January we’d have dug a bit deeper than Baston, Drinkwater, and Samatta. I think we’re a lot more cheap than other posters do and, after a bit of haggling, that our Board would accept a bid in the £60m range. If Jack quietly places a transfer request, I see that number dropping.

I’d be delighted if we got £100m for him, but I do not see that happening. We are not Mam City and we are not run by Daniel Levy. think a lot of people here are naive.

And I’m willing to put my money where my mouth is.

In fairness though regarding point 4, we had virtually nothing left to spend without going over our FFP limit. This season they spent the absolute maximum we were allowed to.

• Like 3

Manchester evening news reckon they can get grealish on the cheap for half of what we want 40m 😂😂😂

Dont who united think they are negotiating with but our owners do not piss about so any derisory offers will be manured on.

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Enda said:

Will anyone take on a bet?

North of £65m, I pay a tenner to VT. South of £65m, they pay.

Fee, not including add-ons or ifs/butts/maybes, and obviously no transfer means nobody pays. Deadline of this transfer window, so October 1st or whenever it ends.

Why are you are hoping we losing him for less then 65million, why?

55 minutes ago, Enda said:

Will anyone take on a bet?

North of £65m, I pay a tenner to VT. South of £65m, they pay.

Fee, not including add-ons or ifs/butts/maybes, and obviously no transfer means nobody pays. Deadline of this transfer window, so October 1st or whenever it ends.

Don't think he'll go at all this window but sure, I'll take that bet.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, AVFCforever1991 said:

It's his nickname , not sure what answer you are looking for here

I thought it was a dig at his footballing ability, it looks like I was wrong, not for the first time on here or in real life 😊

• Haha 1

You can see that Smith has developed such a close knit bunch of players. I think it would be a wrench for any one of them to leave that kind of setting, and when you consider Jack's allegiance, it's certainly not going to be cut and dried. 

Let’s be fair to Grealish here; I’m reading posts above saying he’s never come out and committed to the club recently. Well there’s a perfectly reasonable explanation why he didn’t, and that’s because when he was asked the question it was still possible that Villa could end up in the championship, and so Grealish wasn’t going to categorically commit to play in the championship! I’d imagine some talks have happened with representatives of Grealish and Man Utd, based around certain outcomes/scenarios. I think the biggest outcome to trigger a move there has just come unstitched, that being Villa staying up. I think that’s a big obstacle for Utd now, it would have been a whole lot easier for both parties had Villa been relegated, as most expected. And the reality is that most of the stories surrounding this saga have come from the Mirror owned Birmingham Mail and from Manchester. Villa are now in the driving seat of any potential transfer, they hold all the cards. Grealish doesn’t have be sold because he’s got years on his contract and is still at a club in the Premier League, a club with billionaire owners and no financial worries that they had 2yrs ago. So just as Dean Smith said yesterday, it’ll take a massive amount of money to get Grealish away from Villa Park. And I don’t see Utd putting up the required sums involved, I’d imagine their entire strategy was based around Villa getting relegated and then paying circa £50m to a club that would have needed the money and a player that had to leave. Like I say, that’s all gone up in smoke now. 
I also read above that nothing could be read into the Grealish “MY club” social media post......well, quite obviously you can read something into that. You can read that if Grealish was going to leave then ppl would throw that post back at him and he’d look more than a bit stupid, so he’s made it harder for himself. Look, it could still happen, anything is possible in football. But I’m certain now that the sums involved would be very much to the advantage of Aston Villa.

• Like 1

If Jack wants to go, for the right price he will go. However there is no way the owners will let him go for anything less than big money that suits the club first and foremost. Having pumped in hundreds of millions of pounds they won't be doing anyone a favour, they are businessmen and can see this club has a record of letting players go on the cheap. Jack signed a big new contract and has (3 or 4?) years left to run, I would say a new contract is more likely.

I don't see Jack going on strike or sulking if he doesn't get the move he allegedly wants.

9 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Just had a look at a man u forum. 

What guy thought lingard and 20 mill would get the deal done.

Lingard and £20m

or £15m and no Lingard

• Haha 1

Â