The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

40 minutes ago, AVFCforever1991 said:

I mean he's born and bred villa, supported villa his whole childhood, come up through the youth system, felt the pain of relegation and captained his childhood club back to the Prem , and captained them to a 17th place finish, I think the media seriously underestimates how much he loves this club. We're all fans we'd jump at the chance to play and captain this great club, and if it was you would you want to leave? Some people call it lack of ambition to stay , but wanting this club to be back with the elite is the most ambitious thing I can think of, from a fans perspective.

We need to stop becoming a selling club, as soon as a player becomes decent he gets sold on, keeping quality players and adding quality is the only way we will get back.

Bang on. There is nothing more ambitious than trying to get the club you love back to the top. If I were in his position I'd spit at Manure if they even tried to talk to me. All this nonsense about him "needing ambition" and should leave does my head in. Just read every tweet he makes. There's plastic glory hunters replying to every one saying things like "nobody dreams of playing at Villa Park, come to the theatre of dreams" 🤢 Vile club. Even worse "fans".

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Enda said:

1. I put less stock in Jack using capital letters in a tweet than other people. He was in a celebratory mood and probably already half cut.

2. He has, repeatedly, refused to commit to Villa. His head is turned.

3. When asked, our manager said he’d have to talk to the owners.

4. People saying we don’t need the money have a different view of our owners/CEO than me. If there was this pot of money available to spend, in January we’d have dug a bit deeper than Baston, Drinkwater, and Samatta. I think we’re a lot more cheap than other posters do and, after a bit of haggling, that our Board would accept a bid in the £60m range. If Jack quietly places a transfer request, I see that number dropping.

I’d be delighted if we got £100m for him, but I do not see that happening. We are not Mam City and we are not run by Daniel Levy. think a lot of people here are naive.

And I’m willing to put my money where my mouth is.

I completely disagree with the cheap comment. The owners spent every single penny they could under FFP rules. They are a pair of seriously wealthy individuals who are committed to driving this club forward. I’ll take you up on your bet as well

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Enda said:

I think that’s exactly what will happen, or at least there’s a good chance of it. This talk of £80m, £100m... I don’t see it happening.

Jack showed his colours when he disavowed allegiance to a country he had U-21 caps for and declared for a bigger team. He’ll be off, I think, and I can see our CEO accepting £45m.

£45m, surely you are just trolling for attention, i'm going to take it as that........just a bizarre statement. 

There is no logical reason why we would even consider £45m. 

We dont want to sell, we dont need to sell and we dont have to sell.

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

Whoah there! Doris is a once in a generation talent. Baby? Bathwater? Come on now.

She's washed up, over the hill, and her legs are shot...  GET SOME NEW BLOOD IN!!!

• Like 2

I'm not surprised that some of the more adamant posters about Grealish leaving were the more vocal about smith leaving.

Honestly believe some aren't happy unless they are moaning.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, AVFCDAN said:

Take off your Claret and blue specs please. 80 million would put him in the top 5 transfers of all time, that really isn’t accurate.

That’s not true, maybe top 10, but not top 5

Edited by mikeyp102

29 minutes ago, nick76 said:

£45m, surely you are just trolling for attention, i'm going to take it as that........just a bizarre statement. 

There is no logical reason why we would even consider £45m. 

We dont want to sell, we dont need to sell and we dont have to sell.

After our striker broke his leg, we had a crucial transfer window in January. The club's response was to get Borja Baston and Danny Pisswater in on loan. We have a Board that permitted only £10m when we had a serious risk of being relegated, a Board that wouldn't stretch to £25m on Benrahma, and a CEO who openly touts a strategy of making profits by selling players. £45m would be £20m more than we've ever spent on a player. There will be a lot of huffing and puffing (rightly, to get a higher price) but at the end of the day I think Purslow's mouth will be absolutely watering at £60m, or do you have more faith in him? I'm not trolling, I think some of ye are bonkers.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Enda said:

After our striker broke his leg, we had a crucial transfer window in January. The club's response was to get Borja Baston and Danny Pisswater in on loan. We have a Board that permitted only £10m when we had a serious risk of being relegated, a Board that wouldn't stretch to £25m on Benrahma, and a CEO who openly touts a strategy of making profits by selling players. £45m would be £20m more than we've ever spent on a player. There will be a lot of huffing and puffing (rightly, to get a higher price) but at the end of the day I think Purslow's mouth will be absolutely watering at £60m, or do you have more faith in him? I'm not trolling, I think some of ye are bonkers.

We were at the absolute limit when it came to spending due to FFP. 

We spent everything we could spend, it wasn't a case of the owners being tight. I hope not anyway!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, daggy_333 said:

We spent everything we could spend, it wasn't a case of the owners being tight. I hope not anyway!

Let's say this is true. Then the argument for the "we don't even answer the phone for less than £100m" crowd is that we were at the absolute limit of FFP six months ago, but suddenly we're in a position to turn down £80m.

I can't see that being true.

5 minutes ago, Enda said:

Let's say this is true. Then the argument for the "we don't even answer the phone for less than £100m" crowd is that we were at the absolute limit of FFP six months ago, but suddenly we're in a position to turn down £80m.

I can't see that being true.

January and now are two different FFP calculation years.

(Or at least they are normally - now they're one two year superperiod of FFP, but the effect is the same - there's a reset.)

11 minutes ago, daggy_333 said:

14 minutes ago, Enda said:

Think your abit bonkers to suggest that low of a price for a player that still could be vital to our future plans and without a doubt is worth more to us than those prices you suggest.

When under contract remember it's the clubs who want Jack that will have to pay whatever the Owners want for him.

Even at 100 mill, I'd say players like Grealish are tough to come by,  that any club who has him have in there first couple of seasons alone got there moneys worth considering what he can do.

I would not sell Grealish for your price tag, I'd much rather now survival has been done, add to the squad that Grealish is in, spend the money for surviving and what the Owners put next to that money. Could be a couple hundred million to add some real world class talent next to Grealish.

Only time id sell is if it all went downhill and we couldnt recover.

Edited by Dave-R

14 minutes ago, Enda said:

We only had 10 million to spend in January without going over the FFP limit. Also, the reason we didn't stretch to £25m for Benrahma in the summer was because we had £140m to spend on nearly 15 players. We had to spread the budget out a bit. That won't be a problem this summer as we don't need another 15 players. I think we'll see us signing players for £25m+ this summer.

Edited by Okonokos
  • Like 4

10 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

I would not sell Grealish for your price tag, I'd much rather...

I didn't say I'd sell him at that price tag either.

Or what I'd do if I were the billionaire owner of the club. I said what I think will happen. And I think it's much more likely that if Jack is sold, he goes for a price of roughly £50m than roughly £80m.

The bet I put down, accepted by @fightoffyour, was if Jack goes it's for a fee below £65m. I could well be wrong. Time will tell.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

January and now are two different FFP calculation years.

(Or at least they are normally - now they're one two year superperiod of FFP, but the effect is the same - there's a reset.)

I understand that. I'm not ITK here - maybe last year we cleared all the financial deadweight and as of August 1st we're in the clear. I just don't see that happening in a post-COVID market where we just scraped over the line.

If it's true, then I'm down £10.

Â