The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

If they bid anything less than 60m as an introductory offer we should just ignore it, doesn't deserve a response

We aren't in any position to sell, its up to them to convince us to let go of our star asset, not for us to be begging them to take him off our hands.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Junxs said:

If they bid anything less than 60m as an introductory offer we should just ignore it, doesn't deserve a response

We aren't in any position to sell, its up to them to convince us to let go of our star asset, not for us to be begging them to take him off our hands.

Nah you don’t ignore it, you do the old Blackburn response and put in a counter-offer of £5m for Rashford

19 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

To me and therefore Aston Villa he's worth £120 million minimum. I want him to sign a contract like Inaki Williams which is for life but with a big release clause.

This is why he's realistically "unaffordable" or "not worth it" for most clubs. He is far more valuable to Villa than other clubs are likely to be willing to pay IMO.

He may still go, but you'd like to think it's a massive fee.

• Like 3

If we had of gone down we would of had to sell just to become a full playing team that doesnt rely on one player to make the moves. We would of needed Grealish money I think to invest in players to make a more full team that looks to eachother, where everyone can play as a full unit.

We do not need to do that now we have survived, the talk of not being able to put players around Grealish because we couldnt afford to has really now passed. Survival made it so we can move towards the next phase of the plan, a phase that Smith, Suso and Purslow would of liked to of put in place this season but was unable to do so  because of the sheer amount of players required to set a squad up again.

No reason why we can not buy eight players, reinforcing the squad, sure some first teamers will no doubt move to the subs bench, that means our subs bench gets stronger while our first team does as well.

I honestly can not wait to see how much were investing and see who we bring in, hopefully we do it right and do our homework good. Smith will no doubt of gained abit of a presence and appeal now in this league. Footballers will want to join here and give Smith the chance, really for what we brought to Villa, survival is an excellent achievement with all the work that had to be done in one whole season.

Do not need to sell, although I'd sell Ghazi, Taylor and Samatta. I would however spend most this transfer window on Wingers and a striker or two, then midfield. If we can bring Reina here fully then that's that for keeper and defence I think a little in spending is needed but again I felt our defence grew better after restart, that because other frontline positions were working better, the defence was less strained.

Grealish should not be sold and we now have the opportunity to place equally and better with Hack in the team.

Good days are ahead if we make smart moves in signings and keeping the players that made the difference.

Smith if he didnt get the men he needed this season gone, should without a doubt now get who he needs, the coin should be there.

3 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

I think grealish would suit Liverpool. He could play where firminho does. 

So the bench then?

As that's where Firminio is most times I've watched them play.

Then on as an impact sub.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

So the bench then?

As that's where Firminio is most times I've watched them play.

Then on as an impact sub.

Firmino started 34 of Liverpool's 38 Premier League games this season.

I don't agree with the point about Grealish and Firmino. He couldn't play where Firmino plays and he wouldn't fit in at Liverpool, imo.

But an impact sub or a bench player Firmino is not

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Yeh they all went for around 50m I think. So if he went for 60m he would be second most expensive English player of all time. 

How many high profile English players have moved in recent years.  Most that have moved are defenders and we know attacking players are more expensive.  Only Sterling has moved and really that’s before the superstar that he is today.  We really don’t have comparisons for English attacking equivalents being sold.

How much would Mount or Maddison or Foden or Sancho cost who are natural equivalents.  They would all be well above 50m, with Sancho the only one we look like having an actual number for this summer.  Then the discussion around various differences between them impacting the price.

So I think your argument is slightly flawed given the pool of players you are comparing to and for the fact that not many high caliber English players have been sold for various reasons.

18 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Firmino started 34 of Liverpool's 38 Premier League games this season.

I don't agree with the point about Grealish and Firmino. He couldn't play where Firmino plays and he wouldn't fit in at Liverpool, imo.

But an impact sub or a bench player Firmino is not

Shows just how much Liverpool I watch ...

🤪

Mostly Champs League to be fair?

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

1 hour ago, WakefieldVillan said:

I think if you asked a sample 100 Leeds fans now, the majority would still say Hernandez was better 🙈 Ridiculous 😳

Better song in all fairness but that’s about where it ends

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

How many high profile English players have moved in recent years.  Most that have moved are defenders and we know attacking players are more expensive.  Only Sterling has moved and really that’s before the superstar that he is today.  We really don’t have comparisons for English attacking equivalents being sold.

How much would Mount or Maddison or Foden or Sancho cost who are natural equivalents.  They would all be well above 50m, with Sancho the only one we look like having an actual number for this summer.  Then the discussion around various differences between them impacting the price.

So I think your argument is slightly flawed given the pool of players you are comparing to and for the fact that not many high caliber English players have been sold for various reasons.

I wasn’t arguing that’s what he will go for because no other English players have gone for that amount. I was just pointing out he would become the second higher English transfer in history.

I actually think 60 million is a hell of a lot of money. 

12 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I wasn’t arguing that’s what he will go for because no other English players have gone for that amount. I was just pointing out he would become the second higher English transfer in history.

However whilst I agree it's a lot of money, £60 million to replace the club captain, talisman, one of the best attackers in the league is in essence a pittance. Relatively speaking of course.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

In context it’s not for his position, age and talent compared to fees globally that have been got.  Additionally, because we don’t want to sell him we only need to sell him if we get a premium just like with any commodity.

Coutinho is the perfect example of a player who was sold for way more than his market value but Liverpool unlike in previous years dug in and got the price they wanted. 

Edit I miss the old Liverpool - spend £20m on a player then sell him back for half six months later.

Edited by Sulberto21
  • Like 1

Last year the consensus on this site was Tammy Abraham wasn’t worth the reported £30m fee. Now Jack Grealish going for £60m is “laughable” and “shocking”.

Claret specs must be on sale.

• Like 1

Â