The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

I want nothing more than for him to become our Totti. Hope we sign some good players and kick on like Leicester did. Maddison went from looking too good for that team to being on par with many players there. That's how you keep players.

• Like 3

I don't think Jack Grealish will worry about what the papers want him to think!

Anyhow he's currently out of the country according to something I saw on Instagram, apparently left first-thing this morning with McGinn. 

45 minutes ago, Enda said:

Where did I say I hoped it would happen?

I hope Anna Kendrick will ask me out for drinks some evening, but there’s a big difference between what somebody hopes will happen and what will actually happen.

These boys thinking we’ll get £80m for Jack are probably also expecting Anna will give them a ring any day now!

its a silly comparison and I cant stand the negativity, especially after the jubilation of yesterday, I can be realistic when I'm old and grey but for now I'd rather dream and be upbeat, count me in for the £10 bet, I hope you lose😛

38 minutes ago, Danny_Villaman84 said:

Funny enough many of my friends support Man Utd they say no way pay us 80 millions but they more happy trade Both Phil Jones and Jesse Lingard go other way as they dislike them and want flog them for half this price for Grealish, I joke to him as i say get lost, I prefer cash only or axel for Grealish around 40 - 50 millions is reasonable, he say No thanks Axel is values to them despite him is injury prone which fail breakthroughs for second time as he was great defender for Man Utd and they love him until his injury.... that drop him and fail back in team and get injury again. He think clubs would same try to rid them as difficult to sell both this for high range price to grind money to direct buy Grealish and Sancho.

Reason I don’t want see Lingard as his wage are way crazy as he got 150k per weeks no way he will drop this money to play for us same case to Phil Jones... I think Lingard actually not great player. 

Phil Jones which i prefer him play defensive midfield he was very good player at Blackburn i rate him high until Alex Ferguson play him as Central Half which destroys his careers and not great as when he was play for Blackburn.

If he want left so i prefer straight cash with no exchanging useless it is loan player to play for us for one season. 

Barc would like him as he is ideal replace Messi. I think they hold back cos Coronavirus, or prefer other optional player.

I stopped reading at Phil Jones

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, hippo said:

Is the debate as to whether he should play wide or in the middle over ? 

Wide - thats where he gets his goals and is more direct IMO.

I still think he is better in the middle. We just lack the quality out wide and playing jack in the middle prevents us from playing hourihane who we need to get goals from all the free kicks jack wins. Another priority in the summer signing a good free kick taker who isn't a liability in open play like hourihane. 

6 hours ago, avfc1982am said:

I think if we'd gone he'd have been gone. Now I think there is no need. If massive ambition is shown from the owners in signings, bumper new deal etc... I still believe he will make his England debut as a Villa player. 

As he said it's "MY club". Why would you leave my/our club to now face off against us?! I think the question mark has now been answered. He didn't know but now he does. He knew he'd have to go but now knows he doesn't have to. That's how I see it. Our survival was ultimately going to decide his fate this summer. 

He is integral to everything we are as a club striving towards. He's the mascot, the badge, the history and connection between the club, players and fans.  You can't price that and I'm sure the owners are only to aware. He's become the English poster boy of the PL this year. You don't sell that type of asset off if your ambitious. 

Yeah but when he tweeted that he was absolutely smashed. That is what his heart is saying not what logic is necessarily telling him to do. I would love to keep him but I think it will be very hard. 

27 minutes ago, AVFCforever1991 said:

Can people see him forcing a move in the manner that Benteke did?

I dont think Benteke forced a move. Liverpool met his release clause

4 hours ago, stewiek2 said:

If anyone thinks our fans are living in cloud cuckoo land when it comes to transfers then take a look at the Grealish thread on Redcafe. They really think he'll go there for around £30-40m. Someone even suggested a straight swap for Lingard and James! 🤣

100 million straight, 200 million + Lingard

• Haha 2

Why heart says that Jack sat in the dressing room and considered where on earth he can feel this way again, scoring the goal that keeps the club hes always supported In the premier league. Just over a year after feeling the same way dragging us into the premier league.

My head say he has aspirations of going to the euros next year and competing for titles but realises he will be disadvantaged in achieving those things by staying with us

I'm reality I think his future will go to the wire. His heart and emotions will be thinking of staying but ultimately he will decide based on our business this summer (which will be tricky as the club will need to know beforehand and likely effect budgets) also if we start well as the deadline will be a fair way into the season this year.

3 hours ago, Enda said:

I think that’s exactly what will happen, or at least there’s a good chance of it. This talk of £80m, £100m... I don’t see it happening.

Jack showed his colours when he disavowed allegiance to a country he had U-21 caps for and declared for a bigger team. He’ll be off, I think, and I can see our CEO accepting £45m.

Yeah but grealish grew up in England and probably supported the English national team. That is a completely separate kettle of fish. And no way we sell for less than 80. Grealish is 3 times the player Joelinton is and twice the player haller is and is England's best midfielder outside of Henderson. If we sell for less than 80 we will be demanding purslow's head and he will know that. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

We haven't got to sell him, we don't need to sell him, he is worth , at least imho £80m. If anyone offers that then we /he can consider it, but for me it will only be worth leaving to go to a team who are going to win things.

Now there are only 2 teams atm who you would think can guarantee winning things next year, Citeeeeh and LPlop. Now i don't see either of them being interested in Sir Jack, Citeeeh have Foden, and Lplop play a different system, so that leaves only 2 or 3 other teams who could afford him, Chelsk and Ure.

As much as CL is a draw nothing can compensate for regular 1st team football, so if Jack wants to develop, then he has to play regular football.

Its a dilemma for Jack, does he leave for a "bigger club", not play regularly, and not guarantee winning anything, or stop at VP, and hope that the owners keep their promises and spend and develop the team, to who knows what?

I think grealish would suit Liverpool. He could play where firminho does. Firminho is Liverpool's creator and workhorse, and whilst everyone says mcginn does stop running jack always covers the most distance of any of our players. He would probably offer more goal threat and would create more chances than firminho would but would be slightly worse defensively.

He could also play in wijnaldums role as well. He plays the most advanced of Liverpool's midfield and Jack is miles better than him.

That being said I don't think Liverpool would buy him as right now they seem to want to improve their depth rather than improve their top tier talents. 

Euro 2020 being postponed could be a huge boon for us. Imagine if he didn't make the squad for that this year. He'd be off. But next year, we have the bargaining chip of him being the star player again this year starting every week instead of being on the bench for another team. He'll back himself to break into the Euro 2021 starting XI, especially if we improve as a team.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Yeah but grealish grew up in England and probably supported the English national team. That is a completely separate kettle of fish. And no way we sell for less than 80. Grealish is 3 times the player Joelinton is and twice the player haller is and is England's best midfielder outside of Henderson. If we sell for less than 80 we will be demanding purslow's head and he will know that. 

The way I look at it is, who would we swap him for, NO ONE! He made the team of the season too now, In all honesty he is worth 100+ and look how he slides round Villa Park, he knows it too, he is the bollocks.

• Like 1

Â