The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

38 minutes ago, Enda said:

After our striker broke his leg, we had a crucial transfer window in January. The club's response was to get Borja Baston and Danny Pisswater in on loan. We have a Board that permitted only £10m when we had a serious risk of being relegated, a Board that wouldn't stretch to £25m on Benrahma, and a CEO who openly touts a strategy of making profits by selling players. £45m would be £20m more than we've ever spent on a player. There will be a lot of huffing and puffing (rightly, to get a higher price) but at the end of the day I think Purslow's mouth will be absolutely watering at £60m, or do you have more faith in him? I'm not trolling, I think some of ye are bonkers.

I have more faith in him.  

Not only that but Jack is worth more than that and we don’t want to sell, we don’t need to sell and we don’t have to sell.  

You’re acting like we need to sell, we don’t.  

If he doesn’t sell we still win.

As for the Jan window that’s because of FFP.  Difference this Summer is that FFP has been relaxed due to the Pandemic so we can act like a club with rich owners that we are.

Keep Jack and buy around him.  

The only way we’d consider selling Jack is for a massive premium because we are better with him than without him.

Purslow, sure wants to make a profit but he’s clever enough and savvy enough to not sell your assets less than you can get for them.  With the fees out there we know that we can get a premium for our one current true asset especially when you know he’ll be worth more next summer than he will this summer.

Edited by nick76

4 hours ago, Enda said:

Will anyone take on a bet?

North of £65m, I pay a tenner to VT. South of £65m, they pay.

Fee, not including add-ons or ifs/butts/maybes, and obviously no transfer means nobody pays. Deadline of this transfer window, so October 1st or whenever it ends.

I’d take that bet if it was 50M.

I reckon If he goes it will be  in-between 50-60M

I believe that would still put him in the top 30 or so of the most expensive transfers of all time and also the second highest English transfer of all time. 

I think the days of us selling our key players for a penny less than our evaluation of them are long over with the owners we currently have.

£80m or don't even entertain the prospect of selling him imo. 

The owners need to sit down with him and let him know the type of players we're going to be targeting. I assume they're going to be ambitious. 

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Enda said:

I understand that. I'm not ITK here - maybe last year we cleared all the financial deadweight and as of August 1st we're in the clear. I just don't see that happening in a post-COVID market where we just scraped over the line.

But despite the limitations of January, spending £120m within that FFP period is surely an indication that there is money to spend?

We have also removed some financial deadweight, and despite the downturn, we've benefited from a much increased Premier league income, I would doubt that we made a huge loss on the season just finished, certainly I'd be surprised if it were anything like our Championship losses - we'll get another chunk of that Premier League income for the coming season and from an FFP position, in my estimation, there's absolutely no reason why we might not spend £100m again. 

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

He's in whoscoreds team of the season in a midfield 4 with KDB, salah and mane 

Great get those three in to join him and that’s the midfield sorted.  Next!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

3 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

£80m or don't even entertain the prospect of selling him imo. 

Two sensible, well-established posters. Can't both be right.

I think ye should fight.

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

But despite the limitations of January, spending £120m within that FFP period is surely an indication that there is money to spend?

You can see it that way, or you can see it as every penny we spent last year is a penny we can't spend this year.

I think I've read you work for the club or are closer to it than the average poster... are you speculating or have you a bit of an inside line, if you don't mind me asking?

• Haha 2

The funniest thing about this is reading Man Utd forums saying we are mental and stupid by asking more than £40 million for him cause he isn't above squad level to them. 

Firstly, squad level. Hah. He sure did a number on them at OT. 😂

Secondly. This idea teams should accomodate transfer fees to suit them.

**** me I hate that plastic club. If you ever need to read the thoughts of imbeciles their forums are the place to go. Genuinly can't think of a club I dislike more. 

• Like 2

Should be more to man utd

Like pogba, Woodward will have the face or their Russian flying partner, their Japanese diesel tractor engine partner, their denim jacket partner, their Nigerian fruit juice partner, their Vietnamese tampon partner

The return they will get from his looks and playing style in marketing will be absolutely mental 

And the crazy thing is I only made up 1 of those 5 partners... 

5 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Should be more to man utd

Like pogba, Woodward will have the face or their Russian flying partner, their Japanese diesel tractor engine partner, their denim jacket partner, their Nigerian fruit juice partner, their Vietnamese tampon partner

The return they will get from his looks and playing style in marketing will be absolutely mental 

And the crazy thing is I only made up 1 of those 5 partners... 

Nobody wears denim jackets anymore! 

10 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

The funniest thing about this is reading Man Utd forums saying we are mental and stupid by asking more than £40 million for him cause he isn't above squad level to them. 

Firstly, squad level. Hah. He sure did a number on them at OT. 😂

Secondly. This idea teams should accomodate transfer fees to suit them.

**** me I hate that plastic club. If you ever need to read the thoughts of imbeciles their forums are the place to go. Genuinly can't think of a club I dislike more. 

I thought that I disliked Liverpool more, but this season has made me realize that they are worse. Whether its the fans overrating the mess out of Bruno, Bruno's antics on the pitch, being in almost £500 million in debt while still spending over £100 mil on transfers. 

51 minutes ago, Enda said:

I understand that. I'm not ITK here - maybe last year we cleared all the financial deadweight and as of August 1st we're in the clear. I just don't see that happening in a post-COVID market where we just scraped over the line.

If it's true, then I'm down £10.

There's about £100m swing between staying in the Premier League and being relegated.  That's the difference.

22 minutes ago, Enda said:

You can see it that way, or you can see it as every penny we spent last year is a penny we can't spend this year.

But that would surely only be true if the club had somehow predicted that CV-19 would mean the two years would be considered together. I guess we're both guessing at whether we spent to the point of a huge loss last summer or not - I have a feeling we didn't, I think we spent to a moderate loss - essentially we spent all the TV money, but then we didn't get it all with the CV-19 discount that was returned to the TV companies - we did so whilst controlling our wage bill very well I think. I reckon we made a (relatively) small loss, one we'll have been able to cover. I think we'll start this coming season's FFP period at pretty much zero - with the ability to spend whatever we're getting, and whatever the owners want to add to that within the current guidelines.

I think I've read you work for the club or are closer to it than the average poster... are you speculating or have you a bit of an inside line, if you don't mind me asking?

I don't work for the club no, I get to go to the supporters group meetings as a representative of Villatalk, but inside info on finances isn't something I get given. 

Mine's complete guesswork based around what I can piece together. You won't have to go far to find out how often I'm very, very wrong!

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’d take that bet if it was 50M.

I believe that would still put him in the top 30 or so of the most expensive transfers of all time and also the second highest English transfer of all time. 

Eh wasn't mcguire 80 mil, stones 50, walker 50 etc? 

Â