The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

sir_gary_cahill

2 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Had this from my West Ham supporting mate earlier when he was telling me Rice was better than Grealish...

“I prefer him obviously. I think grealish is really only likeable if he plays for you. Dives too much to be liked by fans of other teams. Rice has more respect”

Thought you’d like a giggle. 

People say he draws fouls, well don't foul him then....that is an admission in itself.

A Foul is a foul, there are no legitimate fouls that are supposed to be ignored, because its your team.

its tickles me when they say he goes down too easy, says who, if that was the case, he himself, would get booked.....we will be getting a meter next to measure how hard a foul is.

I heard one of the pundits say the other day, that so and so should have gone down, to help the ref.......you just can't win can you?

• Like 1

He's definitely tried to con the ref with a proper dive once or twice this season, and it doesn't take many of those to add to the cries of "he's always going down". 

Usually, he's fouled, and he draws attention to it. That used to annoy me a bit, but then I've seen several fouls not given to Watkins because he stays up and plays through it, so bollocks to that, sell the foul. Definitely needs to cut the dives out entirely though.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

He's definitely tried to con the ref with a proper dive once or twice this season, and I doesn't take many of those to add to the cries of "he's always going down". 

Usually, he's fouled, and he draws attention to it. That used to annoy me a bit, but then I've seen several fouls not given to Watkins because he stays up and plays through it, so bollocks to that, sell the foul. Definitely needs to cut the dives out entirely though.

As I said to a nose the other day. 

He dives exactly the same as every other player. 

He's fouled ten times more than any other player. 

There isn't a professional player anywhere that doesn't go down at the slightest contact. 

7 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

He's definitely tried to con the ref with a proper dive once or twice this season, and I doesn't take many of those to add to the cries of "he's always going down". 

That's what has changed my opinion on his "diving".  I have always wanted players to stay on their feet if they're able to, but the way fouls get totally ignored if they do, even with the farce that is VAR, has me fully backing Grealish's antics. Sad state of affairs, but until the game refs sort their act out its the only way

• Like 1

Every now and then he'll beat his man in the opposition box but juuuust hold onto the ball for one or two touches too many. He could've slid the ball to Watkins after a nice one-two but chose to continue his run and won the corner instead. That's probably the only criticism I can find in his game which is testament to how good he is. Phenomenal player.

I'm also astonished at how he has progressed physically. Never have I seen a player age 23-25 improve their running speed and acceleration to such a degree.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

Keyblade, the lad is living the dream. Amazing ability, all the limelight, killer looks and Captain of the club he loves whilst being managed and coached by fellow Villans. It's all easy for him and he's personally dragged this club back to where it belongs and now moving it higher.

I can't wait for the day we see Jack Grealish lifting a trophy whilst wearing the Captain's armband. 

I want to see Jack leading Villa out to a CL match at VP in front of a packed crowd. It can be reality very soon if we can sustain our awesome form.

Villa vs Juventus, August 2021. You heard it here first.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, AV82 said:

I'm also astonished at how he has progressed physically. Never have I seen a player age 23-25 improve their running speed and acceleration to such a degree.

I agree he has done this but I’m surprised you say you’ve never seen it - I think it’s usually the mark of a world class player stepping up. Cristiano Ronaldo did it, Bale did it. The 5-7 years in the gym as a professional start to pay off for those who really want it. That’s the difference with him this season for sure.

• Like 1

For me it's Jack, Gazza & Best as far as attacking British Isles based players who have played in the English 1st Division.

His technical ability is above and beyond anyone else playin in the PL right now. No-one glides across the pitch with the ball like him.

He's in that company.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Skruff said:

Has become far more direct in his style of play, both in terms of passing, running and challenging with the ball. Massively improved under Dean Smith. 

The lack of directness was my biggest criticism of him a few years ago. He's turned that upside down. It's very rare to experience a player making the very thing you find a weakness into a strength. 

Absolutely utterly amazing player. Get some trophies for us Jack. 

• Like 2

I don't like the diving - but given some of the daft rules introduced in recent years - it shouldn't be beyond the wit of football authorities to stamp it out. If they don't then players will continue to seek to profit from it.

2 minutes ago, darrenm said:

59 is ridiculous. He's topped the stats in Europe for the last 12 months.

He’s also never played Champions League football and only has five international caps. While there are clearly players above him on the list because of who they play for (Fati anybody?) even being on the list at a club like Villa is a hell of an achievement. I was hoping he’d make the 100, I didn’t think he’d be this high. 

• Like 3

Â