The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

3 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

Aston Villa is the best and biggest club in the second biggest city by population in the land.

Our history is long, and accomplished, a mainstay of the highest level, and it rivals the best.

The amount of times we've ended the year as best in the competition numbers in double digits.

Grealish dreamed of us his whole way up. Every step of the way. Why not see if he has it in him to live the ultimate glory?

We've got the fanbase, maybe not exposure Manchester United has from SAF's reign, but it's an army nonetheless. More will come.

We've got two owners who are successes in sports business. 

One being a catalyst in the rise of a rock bottom club becoming title contenders, the other, main stake holder in Adidas.

My lord, Grealish, take us to the promised land!

It is his destiny!!

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, TRO said:

His value to us is difficult to compute...the league placings is just one.....its the attraction of coming here to play next to him, too...from would be recruits.

There are so many factors of knock on effect, that Jack creates.

these claims from clubs are just wishful thinking.

our owners will build around him, and he knows that.

relax and enjoy the ride.

Absolutely agree TRO. Jack staying makes it easier to keep, Mings, SJM, Luis, Kinda etc. Makes it easier to convince Barkley to sign on a permanent. Easier to attract better quality played if the know Jack is here and staying which is why I believe even the biggest clubs cannot afford him this season.

43 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

Aston Villa is the best and biggest club in the second biggest city by population in the land.

Our history is long, and accomplished, a mainstay of the highest level, and it rivals the best.

The amount of times we've ended the year as best in the competition numbers in double digits.

Grealish dreamed of us his whole way up. Every step of the way. Why not see if he has it in him to live the ultimate glory?

We've got the fanbase, maybe not exposure Manchester United has from SAF's reign, but it's an army nonetheless. More will come.

We've got two owners who are successes in sports business. 

One being a catalyst in the rise of a rock bottom club becoming title contenders, the other, main stake holder in Adidas.

My lord, Grealish, take us to the promised land!

Excellent post.

We are a club with massive potential for sure and finally got the owners to fullfill our potential.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TRO said:

His value to us is difficult to compute...the league placings is just one.....its the attraction of coming here to play next to him, too...from would be recruits.

There are so many factors of knock on effect, that Jack creates.

these claims from clubs are just wishful thinking.

our owners will build around him, and he knows that.

relax and enjoy the ride.

I agree with you all the way, I've never been worried about Grealish leaving like others have. When you have Owners with so much money who also relise that Grealish himself is more than just a club asset, but also a player fans hold so dear to there heart, it's not something you ever let go of. The way in which they keep giving Jack new contracts every time we make a step up is another reason you can see the devotion our Owners have to keeping Jack at the club. 

I certainly think for Villa and its fans that we cant even put a price on Jack to be fair, I certainly cant because I relise that what he does hes simply irreplaceable. 

If we went and sold Grealish ( for example), let's face it we would have to spend all that money we gained from his sale by securing a signing from the massive clubs abroad. We just wouldn't be able to or couldn't find a suitable replacement at the moment the way Jack is playing. Grealish for us does things on that pitch you do not often see in a footballer, hes such a rare breed, why would you ever let him go.

If I were our owners I would also be thi king about Grealish as well and I'm sure they are, if he does to another club, Jack would most likely end up as a rotational player as it's been often talked about. Sure at the moment Grealish would make arsenal relevant again, would improve Man Utd better but they have there stars. Despite those team not clicking together and performing as good as they could, still do not think hed be a starter at these clubs for a good while. I think Jack knows that, hes very smart and he knows hes the man in the limelight of the media and almost every week hes the star of the show at Villa. Grealish is captain, hes a fan fav, has for his money coming in, a nuisance for teams, playing the football regular and improving all the time, getting his international sorted. I just do not see what these big clubs could offer that Villa can not at the moment. So long as we move up and up Grealish will remain at Villa.

2 minutes ago, PaulC said:

We wont loose him January but the likes of Rashford is earning over double what Jack is. So what is Jack worth to the club. we have to be able to match the wages of the big boys. 

Our owners are savvy and although we will not match the 250k a week he could get elsewhere i am sure they will compensate him with bonuses, image rights, shirt sales and so on.

He really has the world at his feet if he behaves off the pitch.

Its a joy to see him on the pitch and how he has developed.  We really could be building something special over the next few years and the owners know Jack is the key.

47 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

Our owners are savvy and although we will not match the 250k a week he could get elsewhere i am sure they will compensate him with bonuses, image rights, shirt sales and so on.

He really has the world at his feet if he behaves off the pitch.

Its a joy to see him on the pitch and how he has developed.  We really could be building something special over the next few years and the owners know Jack is the key.

Tbf that would only be an extra 5 mil a year. If we gave him 250k a week that said I believe you are only allowed to increase wages by 12 mil (?) over a 3 year period so that could really hamstring us when developing the squad. 

1 hour ago, PaulC said:

We wont loose him January but the likes of Rashford is earning over double what Jack is. So what is Jack worth to the club. we have to be able to match the wages of the big boys. 

The ‘big boys’ have an extra £300-400 million to spend each year on wages and transfers compared to Aston Villa.  

We will never match them in during the Grealish era.

12 minutes ago, ender4 said:

The ‘big boys’ have an extra £300-400 million to spend each year on wages and transfers compared to Aston Villa.  

We will never match them in during the Grealish era.

We won't need to.

Players who want to improve, play with the greatest player of a generation and win things will be lining up to come here. Those who want money or the London lifestyle are free to move to the others.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ozvillafan said:

We won't need to.

Players who want to improve, play with the greatest player of a generation and win things will be lining up to come here. Those who want money or the London lifestyle are free to move to the others.

That would require us having a reputation for developing players and at the very least consistently finishing top 6. The former will take time and both are far from guarantees.

4 hours ago, Dave-R said:

if he does to another club, Jack would most likely end up as a rotational player

Jack isn’t going to be a rotational player at any club in the world. He’s good enough to play for anyone. But I agree I hope that’s being the main event with us.

To have the chance to hear that Champions League theme tune at Villa Park would be something else.

this season is all over the place.

Villa will be his Royston Vasey if we accomplish that.

He’ll never leave. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, kidlewis said:

To have the chance to hear that Champions League theme tune at Villa Park would be something else.

this season is all over the place.

Villa will be his Royston Vasey if we accomplish that.

He’ll never leave. 

Would be lovely to see Jack lift the European cup with villa. It would be a story and half to be able to tell the grandkids that Villa got relegated and we had this wonderkid who came through the ranks at a time we could of gone on to be a nothing team. That we ended up with wonderful Owners, Coach,  excellent staff that propelled us to such heights that seen us survive relegation lift the league title and europeon cup.

Would all be a fairy tale and it could happen under NSWE and all the work they have done putting the club right from top to bottom. I honestly do wish we could see and hear more from them in regards to the club because they seem so passionate when they talk. You could see and feel the passion when we got promotion and they had a chat with commentators.

The owners wont let Jack go, they know how valuable he is, I do not think they'd sell him for half a billion. Like I said above, I feel Jack at Villa Is like having the Mona Lisa at the club, hes priceless and one of a kind that only comes around every now and again.

How do you price Jack up when teams like City, UTD, Liverpool or Barca so on Express interest in him, knowing that he means more to us than just money. The only thing i think you could say as a Villa fan is well take your whole club as that's the only thing we will part ways with him for, "we would say" would you be willing to do that?? Of course not..

• Like 1

There is one very important person who is key to Jack staying at the Villa - Dean Smith. 

It's during Dean's management that Jack has been called into the England team. He's a Brummie and a fellow Villan so Jack knows he has a manager who he can trust 100% and who wants the same for the club has he does. He could go elsewhere and have a German manager one day and an Italian the next. 

Jack will earn enough money during his career to live the dream life. His dream in his profession is to make his club successful again and he knows he has the ability to drag it there. 

He's going nowhere. 

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

There is one very important person who is key to Jack staying at the Villa - Dean Smith. 

It's during Dean's management that Jack has been called into the England team. He's a Brummie and a fellow Villan so Jack knows he has a manager who he can trust 100% and who wants the same for the club has he does. He could go elsewhere and have a German manager one day and an Italian the next. 

Jack will earn enough money during his career to live the dream life. His dream in his profession is to make his club successful again and he knows he has the ability to drag it there. 

He's going nowhere. 

He’s reportedly on £130k a week, pretty sure that’s way over what anyone else has ever been paid at villa entirely by our pocket (not loanees on more etc where we pay part wages).

Really hope we can keep this momentum going this season. We would end on about 66 points, pretty sure that gets you fifth this year. 

Â