The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

9 hours ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Retook the top spot on whoscored's rating system from Harry Kane with this performance.

Imagine that, Jack Grealish may genuinely be the best player in the premier league.

He's number 3 out of the top 5 leagues so far, only behind Messi and Lewandowski.

randy marsh talking GIF by South Park

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, hippo said:

Been chatting with a few mates about how good JG is compared to any other villa player - Ive been watching villa since the 1970's - and for me there only one player that Grealish isn't better than:-

• Brian Little - is still my all time favourite Villa player
  • Toney Morley - was fantastic for a couple of season - but feel Grealish has over taken him now 
  • Martin Laursen - also got a mention
  • David Platt - could win games on his own - but he more a work rate player - than sheer skill

....So where does Grealish rank for you ? 

• Brian Little also my all time fav player
  • Andy Gray was the best and bravest header of a ball i have seen
  • Sid Cowans was a wonderful two footed player
  • Mark Walters the best 15 year old i have seen
  • Gary Shaw shame we never knew how good he might be
  • David Platt a great goal scoring box to box midfield player

Jack Grealish the best ever. Sorry no mention for defenders but i like match winners. 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Panto_Villan said:

It kinda amazes me he doesn't demand to take the penalties and free kicks to pad his goal stats. Would arguably have made it easier to get an England spot.

Well he was all set to take one earlier in the season - but an instruction from the bench came for Ollie to take it. Maybe DS wanted ollies stats inflated.

3 minutes ago, darrenm said:

I didn't realise Conor Gallagher is meant to be a decent player. Grealish made him look like an absolute mug last night

Bit harsh on Gallagher, I think - he's still a young player and swimming in a turd ocean of a team over there. I thought he was pretty decent last night, with only him, Diangana and Johnstone being good enough for the prem. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, lexicon said:

Guardian Top 100 list is coming out now - SURELY Grealish has to be in there, despite not being in first batch of names (100-71)

Looking at that 100-70 list, you can put the whole thing in the bin if he isn't in the list.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Zatman said:

I love his attitude at the end, 3 up game won and  he really wanted to humiliate West Brom

I've noticed that our squad doesn't really go out to the corner and waste time when we're up late. Feels like they always are on the attack for more and more

9 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Looking at that 100-70 list, you can put the whole thing in the bin if he isn't in the list.

Yep, quick look and see ferran torres at 94, what's he done to suggest he's better than grealish? His stuff with Spain? 

Mahrez at 77 though... 

Plus Eden hazard in there, that's reputation 

3 hours ago, PaulC said:
  • Brian Little also my all time fav player
  • Andy Gray was the best and bravest header of a ball i have seen
  • Sid Cowans was a wonderful two footed player
  • Mark Walters the best 15 year old i have seen
  • Gary Shaw shame we never knew how good he might be
  • David Platt a great goal scoring box to box midfield player

Jack Grealish the best ever. Sorry no mention for defenders but i like match winners. 

The game is so much faster now and with the pitch being the same size, consequently, there is not so much space to play in.....first touch, is crucial, movement and athleticism is at an all time high.

I have been watching the game since the late 50's and there have been some great players as you have already mentioned......but Jack is an Artist, I am not saying as good as Best and Gascoigne, but not far off IMO.....perhaps more like Rodney Marsh or Stan Bowles, even Alan Hudson.

Its very ,very difficult to be a player like jack and secure the consistency, he does....He is truly special to be able to do that.....He is irreplacable, we would never find another Jack......and for him to leave, would be like moving Big Ben to say Milton Keynes......He is at Home and its where the heart is.....I never want him to leave.

He is the best ever offensive player, for us IMO.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, hippo said:

Been chatting with a few mates about how good JG is compared to any other villa player - Ive been watching villa since the 1970's - and for me there only one player that Grealish isn't better than:-

• Brian Little - is still my all time favourite Villa player
  • Toney Morley - was fantastic for a couple of season - but feel Grealish has over taken him now 
  • Martin Laursen - also got a mention
  • David Platt - could win games on his own - but he more a work rate player - than sheer skill

....So where does Grealish rank for you ? 

i'm 36 and he's the best player i've seen in a villa shirt. better than mcgrath.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, lexicon said:

Bit harsh on Gallagher, I think - he's still a young player and swimming in a turd ocean of a team over there. I thought he was pretty decent last night, with only him, Diangana and Johnstone being good enough for the prem. 

I have watched him umpteen times....I like him, but as you say, nothing around him.

who would ever think this image of Jack,c 10  would go on to be one of the Greatest Villa Players ever?

Acorns to Oak Trees......remarkable.

Jack Grealish in the garden at the Aston Social, when he was a kid, playing football, with a tennis ball..jpg

Edited by TRO
  • Like 4

53 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I always knew Grealish was a special talent when he broke through but never did I think he would reach this level. 

We could only dream of this.....His working at his game is testimony to the dedication he has achieved and I don't think he has peaked yet, frighteningly.

He is a truly remarkable player.

4 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I think it's a silly game to compare defenders with attackers

yeah, its a different set of values and attributes....Macca was phenomenal in his own right.

Â