The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

30 minutes ago, YouUnastanFren said:

He's quickly becoming the face of the league. Ridiculous how fast his stock is rising.

Yes, it's wonderful. When we wonvthe league and became champions of Europe, our best players like Sid and Morley were nowhere near Jack's popularity and value outside of stadiums.

16 hours ago, DJ_Villain said:

Quite possibly the most exciting, creative attacking player I have ever seen in a Villa shirt...

One hell of a comment and one I never thought I would agree with as a lad proud as punch with the number 8 Mum had sown on my new Villa umbro shirt, sorry Brian, I genuinely do feel bad agreeing but I am sure Jack makes you smile as much as the rest of us

Edited by Follyfoot

1 minute ago, Lord Willard said:

A Liverpool friend of mine messaged me this morning that Liverpool are in for Grealish and it's doing all the rounds in the supporter groups.

I just laughed and told him Liverpool can't afford him. 

I'm not the deluded fan am I? 

No, because he's not for sale. 

To anyone. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, mykeyb said:

Totally agree with you Trent.

Does anyone know what the difference in prize money is between 7th and 14th as I would imagine thats the difference between us with & without Jack.

I believe its £2.2millon per position this season. 7 places higher would be £15m extra TV money.  

From 17th last season to 7th this season would be an extra £22m in TV merit money.  

Edited by ender4

5 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

A Liverpool friend of mine messaged me this morning that Liverpool are in for Grealish and it's doing all the rounds in the supporter groups.

every player has his price, but it would probably require a 9 figure sum before we even consider selling him. i don't see utd or liverpool spending that.

16 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

The only fear is Salah sounds like he wants out or pushing for a payrise. Liverpool only buy players through net spend 😉

20 minutes ago, ender4 said:

I believe its £2.2millon per position this season. 7 places higher would be £15m extra TV money.  

From 17th last season to 7th this season would be an extra £22m in TV merit money.  

At £2.2m per place, that should be an extra £35.2m......

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Zatman said:

For me Jack needs to do one thing to be the complete player, if he can work on his damn set piece delivery he be perfect 

I don't think it'll be long before he starts banging free kicks in the top corner.  The way his game progresses at such a fast rate reminds me of Messi, he decided the next thing to improve was his free kicks and suddenly he was scoring them every other week.

As for Jack leaving, I can only see it happening if Dean left and got replaced by someone with a less enjoyable and expressive style of football.

1 hour ago, Follyfoot said:

One hell of a comment and one I never thought I would agree with as a lad proud as punch with the number 8 Mum had sown on my new Villa umbro shirt, sorry Brian, I genuinely do feel bad agreeing but I am sure Jack makes you smile as much as the rest of us

To put things into perspective, I only really got into watching the Villa in 1996 when we won the league cup and it was on the telly and I watched it with my family. I didn’t really have an interest in football before then.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, DJ_Villain said:

To put things into perspective, I only really got into watching the Villa in 1996 when we won the league cup and it was on the telly and I watched it with my family. I didn’t really have an interest in football before then.

I think if you asked the question to a 10-year-old and also a 90-year-old Villa supporter you get the same answer

• Like 2

His value to us is difficult to compute...the league placings is just one.....its the attraction of coming here to play next to him, too...from would be recruits.

There are so many factors of knock on effect, that Jack creates.

these claims from clubs are just wishful thinking.

our owners will build around him, and he knows that.

relax and enjoy the ride.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

Priceless is the only way to describe it. No one club is attached to one player like Villa is to Jack. Its a beautiful thing. There would be a neverending mourning process involved if he left. It would feel like a family member dieing.

We fit like a glove and vice versa. Never can be sold. Most exciting player ever in my lifetime at Villa. Im 33 and I mean that. 

• Like 3

Â