The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

On 05/07/2010 at 23:20, sir_gary_cahill said:
I look forward to seeing him play.

Who is he like?

I'd say Adam Johnson is a good comparison but Grealish has far more technical ability

Thank god this comparison wasnt accurate 🤨😂

2 hours ago, TRO said:

The game is so much faster now and with the pitch being the same size, consequently, there is not so much space to play in.....first touch, is crucial, movement and athleticism is at an all time high.

I have been watching the game since the late 50's and there have been some great players as you have already mentioned......but Jack is an Artist, I am not saying as good as Best and Gascoigne, but not far off IMO.....perhaps more like Rodney Marsh or Stan Bowles, even Alan Hudson.

Its very ,very difficult to be a player like jack and secure the consistency, he does....He is truly special to be able to do that.....He is irreplacable, we would never find another Jack......and for him to leave, would be like moving Big Ben to say Milton Keynes......He is at Home and its where the heart is.....I never want him to leave.

He is the best ever offensive player, for us IMO.

Nice comparisons. Back in the day you had more players like the ones you mentioned who would hold onto the ball and take players on but you had more time then so players like Jack are few and far between now. Hazzard and Messi are two others but there aren't many around. 

Had this from my West Ham supporting mate earlier when he was telling me Rice was better than Grealish...

“I prefer him obviously. I think grealish is really only likeable if he plays for you. Dives too much to be liked by fans of other teams. Rice has more respect”

Thought you’d like a giggle. 

4 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Had this from my West Ham supporting mate earlier when he was telling me Rice was better than Grealish...

“I prefer him obviously. I think grealish is really only likeable if he plays for you. Dives too much to be liked by fans of other teams. Rice has more respect”

Thought you’d like a giggle. 

Just reading that gave me a headache.

1 minute ago, Greenfly said:

Just reading that gave me a headache.

You’re talking about a world class footballer versus a good young player who sits in front of the back 4, takes it off the left back and gives it to the right back. Kalvin Phillips is better than Declan Rice. 

I’ve watched so much football this season and honestly haven’t seen any other player that can do what Jack Grealish can do with a football. The only one that comes close is Salah. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Michelsen said:

Is there any player, literally, in the world you’d swap Jack for, right now? 

If Messi was 5 years younger, then him of course. But yeah, it's mental to think we have one of the best players in the world playing for us. Like the Euro's this summer, if he plays and England do decently I'm fairly confident he'd get player of the tournament. 

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

If Messi was 5 years younger, then him of course. But yeah, it's mental to think we have one of the best players in the world playing for us. Like the Euro's this summer, if he plays and England do decently I'm fairly confident he'd get player of the tournament. 

If he plays. Can you imagine if he didn’t? We’re talking about England’s best player sitting on the bench watching Rice, Sancho and Mount playing. 

Grealish is head and shoulders above every player aside from Kane and perhaps Sterling. 

Has to start.

Just play him behind Kane with Sterling and Rashford out wide. So, so simple. 

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

If he plays. Can you imagine if he didn’t? We’re talking about England’s best player sitting on the bench watching Rice, Sancho and Mount playing. 

Grealish is head and shoulders above every player aside from Kane and perhaps Sterling. 

Has to start.

Just play him behind Kane with Sterling and Rashford out wide. So, so simple. 

Him playing in the hole like he has for us these past 2 games with Rashford/Sterling/Sancho either side of him and Kane in front of him. Absolute carnage. But no, expect to see a defensive 5-2-3 with Grealish's place in it very much up in the air.

4 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Messi five years younger is arguably the best footballer ever. On current ability, though, I’m really struggling to think of a single player I’d rather have in my team. Which is crazy, brilliant and utterly scary at the same time. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

When you watch players like Havertz and Werner play, you honestly wouldn’t accept less than 100/120m for Grealish. 

Mind the windows, Timo. 

I wouldn’t accept any sum of money for him. No money in the world could buy an adequate replacement. 

4 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

Imagine having to train with him every day and face this humiliation...... 

The man is now playing with the highest amount of confidence and one day the biggest clubs in Spain will come knocking. 

What the hell, how is he so good? I swear he keeps getting better too.

Keyblade, the lad is living the dream. Amazing ability, all the limelight, killer looks and Captain of the club he loves whilst being managed and coached by fellow Villans. It's all easy for him and he's personally dragged this club back to where it belongs and now moving it higher.

I can't wait for the day we see Jack Grealish lifting a trophy whilst wearing the Captain's armband. 

• Like 3

Â