The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

17 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

While people are wasting time worried about losing him, im more excited about about seeing this team grow WITH im and with even better players!

My thoughts exactly. And why on earth would he leave now, when we've just begun to show our true potential!?

We will only get better, and I can still see Grealish himself, raising his level, which quite frankly is almost incomprehensible. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

Michael Owne just said it was a dive for a penalty.

I don't understand what people want. Do they want players to have their legs broken before a foul is given? It's ridiculous. Just admit the lad is so good that nobody can get the ball off him without fouling him.

To be fair to Owen, he talked a lot of sense in that post game analysis.  Once on the other hand is a daft word removed.

Owens gripe wasn’t with Grealish.  He said that’s exactly what he spent his own career doing, feeling for contact and going down, and that that was Grealish’s job.  

His gripe was with VAR.  He didn’t understand why once the footage was seen by VAR why they didn’t overturn it.  He thought there was no contact.  I disagree with him there, and thought he was pushed.

Ince on the other hand thought Livermore’s ‘tackle’ was perfectly fine and Hause should’ve been sent off!  What a total blind clearing in the woods.

• Like 2

Already outplaying the deal he just signed 4 months ago. 

Covid may be a blessing in disguise for Villa. Saved us from relegation and now most of the big boys probably can't put up the £100 million olus transfer fee for Jack. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm actually with Gareth Southgate on his point that we shouldn't be comparing with Gazza.

Jack is better.

There I said it. Feels good to get that off my chest. I love Gazza and even have his highlight videos in my collection. Had the pleasure of watching him live a number of times.

Jack is better

• Like 3

Retook the top spot on whoscored's rating system from Harry Kane with this performance.

Imagine that, Jack Grealish may genuinely be the best player in the premier league.

He's number 3 out of the top 5 leagues so far, only behind Messi and Lewandowski.

Edited by Laughable Chimp
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, MrSmirch said:

Eventually PSG or city will pay his release fee. He is an absolutely ridiculous talent.

It will either be bayern or Madrid. He isn't going to join City they don't spend that money on individual players.

Jack isn't going to join psg he will never learn to speak another language and psg aren't one of "THE" clubs.

Bayern the players speak English and the bundesliga is the league most similar to the prem.

Madrid are Madrid but bale struggled to fit in. Jack has the partying down but again I doub the could speak Spanish. 

Also he doesn't have a release clause. 

Edited by MotoMkali

2 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Oh and while I’m in this thread, best player we’ve ever had?

He’s not there yet, but if he carries this start for 38 games he’s ending on nearly 15 goals and 20 assists. 

Then I think he will be our greatest player. Certainly of the last thirty years no question. 

different era looking back at 81/82 etc. 

7 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Jack Grealish is one of the best footballers in the world.

Villa fan and Villa player is one of the best in the world. Love it.

After all the shit we have gone through we deserve something nice.

7 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

It will either be bayern or Madrid. He isn't going to join City they don't spend that money on individual players.

Jack isn't going to join psg he will never learn to speak another language and psg aren't one of "THE" clubs.

Bayern the players speak English and the bundesliga is the league most similar to the prem.

Madrid are Madrid but bale struggled to fit in. Jack has the partying down but again I doub the could speak Spanish. 

Also he doesn't have a release clause. 

You doubt he could learn to speak Spanish? What makes you say that? 

Been chatting with a few mates about how good JG is compared to any other villa player - Ive been watching villa since the 1970's - and for me there only one player that Grealish isn't better than:-

• Brian Little - is still my all time favourite Villa player
  • Toney Morley - was fantastic for a couple of season - but feel Grealish has over taken him now 
  • Martin Laursen - also got a mention
  • David Platt - could win games on his own - but he more a work rate player - than sheer skill

....So where does Grealish rank for you ? 

3 minutes ago, hippo said:

....So where does Grealish rank for you ? 

I’ve been watching games since the 1980’s, so would only like to comment on players i’ve seen since this time.  

Cowans, Platt, McGrath, Yorke, are stand out players for me.  I may have forgot one or two but Grealish is at the very top now.  The game is effortless to him.

Last night reminded me of the best school kid in the playground; just give me the ball and i’ll take them all on kind of stuff. 

Would love Jack to now lift a trophy or two with us and put him in folklore status.

• Like 2

Â