The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

16 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

I agree he has done this but I’m surprised you say you’ve never seen it - I think it’s usually the mark of a world class player stepping up. Cristiano Ronaldo did it, Bale did it. The 5-7 years in the gym as a professional start to pay off for those who really want it. That’s the difference with him this season for sure.

To be fair I've never followed anyone's development as closely as I have Jack's which certainly skews it, and we've never had a tendency for developing younger players into full PL stars. Naively I've really never considered pace a trainable skill, you have either have it or you don't -- so it's great to see!

To me, Jack is invaluable. I wouldn't sell him at any sane price (with current owners we don't have to). We blew 130 million the other year. If we sold Jack for that, we might just end up with a couple good players, but they would never bring us what Jack brings us.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

There was never an arguement for him being better than ziyech let alone grealish. Havertz benefited from playing in a very high scoring league with very good and very fast players around him like diaby and bailey. 

Diaby and Bailey started 30 games between them last season, Havertz was carrying that team for the last 2 seasons. Havertz would be probably the best player in the Premier League if he didnt have a clown for a manager

10 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Diaby and Bailey started 30 games between them last season, Havertz was carrying that team for the last 2 seasons. Havertz would be probably the best player in the Premier League if he didnt have a clown for a manager

Look Havertz is good but he isn't grealish. Or Fernandes or De bruyne or Salah or even ziyech. 

4 hours ago, AVTuco said:

To me, Jack is invaluable. I wouldn't sell him at any sane price (with current owners we don't have to). We blew 130 million the other year. If we sold Jack for that, we might just end up with a couple good players, but they would never bring us what Jack brings us.

Absolutely priceless and irreplaceable purely because hes a Villa fan! And then on talent alone there are very few players in world football with his particular skill set. We could sell him for 300m and I would still be miserable. Just have to cherish these times and hope we can lift silverware with him as captain!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, birdman said:

Absolutely priceless and irreplaceable purely because hes a Villa fan! And then on talent alone there are very few players in world football with his particular skill set. We could sell him for 300m and I would still be miserable. Just have to cherish these times and hope we can lift silverware with him as captain!

Hopefully the board and he recognises the benefits of staying rather than leaving.

It’s so important we win the next few games because I do feel we will try and drive forward the league position this year with a Jan signing. 

if we keep moving forwards Jack won’t go anywhere 

• Like 1

I remember having a bet with my brother who is a Spurs fan that Jack would be better than peak Christian Eriksen (who was incredible to be fair to him). This was between 2016-18, when we were still in the Championship so you can imagine I sounded silly. Looking like a safe bet now I'd say. He'll have it wrapped up by the end of the summer I imagine.

I’m not afraid of losing him in the transfer market, because I’m confident our board recognise his value not only on the pitch but also for the limelight he brings on the club.

We would match any wage any other club would offer him.

My biggest fear is another assassination attempt like Livermore’s.

2 hours ago, punkiller1981 said:

Usual lazy journalism as play again today I see. Jack is a brilliant player and playing well so he would of course want to give up being captain of his boyhood club to move to Manchester 

just had a quick look...just the rags reporting it seemingly. we know he'll go eventually, i'd be amazed if it's in jan

Â