The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

58 minutes ago, Thug said:

Not for sale.

probably the most marketable asset in the premier league right now, soon to be the first name on the England team sheet.

Nobody is getting him for less than a world record fee, unless he himself decides he wants to leave.

^^^^^
This

If we sold him, we would be in trouble regardless of how much we got for him...

If someone wants to buy him, they will need to be willing to jeopardise their clubs long term financial future in order to do so...

Anything less would be a disservice to Villa

Edited by DJ_Villain
Spelling mistake
  • Like 1

I was watching the Xmas bingo vid that Mcginn did and when Jack turned up as a surprise you could see the shocked reaction from those taking part. It really hit home that this kid is an actual superstar right now. Not just a popular villa player but an actual star premier league player. Have we actually had one of those before? 

Keeping Jack is not just important for the development of the team but as a club our reputation around the world is much more enhanced having him here. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Thug said:

Not for sale.

probably the most marketable asset in the premier league right now, soon to be the first name on the England team sheet.

Nobody is getting him for less than a world record fee, unless he himself decides he wants to leave.

Completely agree

Its not about goals or assists or what's he's doing on the pitch - which is arguably the best in the league anyway - it's about his look, his style, his England breakthrough, if he has a good euros and was then going to the likes of real Madrid or bayern etc then he'd be the face of Pepsi or nivea or some other massive global brand, he'll be the face of the national team before long (unless he does something else stupid) his value off the pitch is absolutely monstrous, we can't replace that as a club 

That's what makes me laugh when you see bluenoses call him greasy or a Leeds fan say he just can't take to him cos those shin pads...inadvertently it's all part of a look that makes him the poster boy, he's money 

I think the only club that fully understands all that is man utd which is why they were the ones that wanted him despite not needing him 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

No way Jack is leaving in January.

Totally agree with you Trent.

Does anyone know what the difference in prize money is between 7th and 14th as I would imagine thats the difference between us with & without Jack.

1 minute ago, mykeyb said:

Totally agree with you Trent.

Does anyone know what the difference in prize money is between 7th and 14th as I would imagine thats the difference between us with & without Jack.

about 10m

Amazon prime with another stat that he tops, with 123 he tops the most duels won - not sure what they class as a duel but I'm guessing a contested ball but not in the air, shows how quick his feet are

Won the most duels, carries the ball the furthest in europe... But all he does is dive... 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Amazon prime with another stat that he tops, with 123 he tops the most duels won - not sure what they class as a duel but I'm guessing a contested ball but not in the air, shows how quick his feet are

Won the most duels, carries the ball the furthest in europe... But all he does is dive... 

I think another big reason a lot of opposing teams talk so much crap about Jack is simply sour grapes that they don't have a star like him in their own squad.

He makes the game look so easy and frustrates opposition defenders;nothing to do with diving,its to do with getting kicked up and down everytime he plays.

Edited by Big Salad

11 minutes ago, Big Salad said:

I think another big reason a lot of opposing teams talk so much crap about Jack is simply sour grapes that they don't have a star like him in their own squad.

He makes the game look so easy and frustrates opposition defenders;nothing to do with diving,its to do with getting kicked up and down everytime he plays.

he signs for real or barca, i bet every english fan will suddenly love him, because suddenly they're allowed to as they aren't praising a rival team's player

i suspect most of the sour grapes come from teams like utd and spurs who have both had a chance to sign him and not bothered. from what little i've seen on social media, the so called lesser teams tend to praise him, because they know he's just not attainable for their side

• Like 2

2 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Three Lions Friends GIF by England

And this is what will make it even sweeter.

He will be the nations first choice, not some dickhead failed club manager who can’t recognise a special talent because his huge nose is in the way - and has to pick him begrudgingly.

• Like 1

Wonder if somebody can answer my question;  Jack is consistently being linked to Liverpool, Man city and United.  However, their style of play is fast and fluid where as jack holds up the ball last quarter.  The only other team I can think of suit his style is Chelsea but for now he should stay with villa  -  The team is literally built around him suit his playing style.

13 minutes ago, Denaldinho said:

Wonder if somebody can answer my question;  Jack is consistently being linked to Liverpool, Man city and United.  However, their style of play is fast and fluid where as jack holds up the ball last quarter.  The only other team I can think of suit his style is Chelsea but for now he should stay with villa  -  The team is literally built around him suit his playing style.

Because when you are as good as he is it doesn't matter whether you slow play down.

Also Jack doesn't have a problem with being direct city pass around a lot and he could be in with that. For Liverpool he would replace firminho as the link up man and the creative fulcrum.

Â