The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

2 minutes ago, darrenm said:

59 is ridiculous. He's topped the stats in Europe for the last 12 months.

He’s also never played Champions League football and only has five international caps. While there are clearly players above him on the list because of who they play for (Fati anybody?) even being on the list at a club like Villa is a hell of an achievement. I was hoping he’d make the 100, I didn’t think he’d be this high. 

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, The_Rev said:

He’s also never played Champions League football and only has five international caps. While there are clearly players above him on the list because of who they play for (Fati anybody?) even being on the list at a club like Villa is a hell of an achievement. I was hoping he’d make the 100, I didn’t think he’d be this high. 

Yep he's the highest rated non CL playing player so far and I think 1 of only 6 - grealish, Ben yedder, partey, jimenez, calvert lewin and richarlison

It'll be a good debate when James Rodriguez lands above him based on 3 months of PL football in which he hasn't been better statistically 

Fati is one hell of a player tbf, would be top 5 for top 100 teenagers but yeah that's high for this year

2 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

They put havertz, ansu fati and rashford ahead of him what a disgrace. 

Havertz is a proper baller, Chelsea just can't find a way of using him yet, when he was at leverkusen he was brilliant, definitely an argument for better than Jack before his move 

• Like 1

Just now, villa4europe said:

Havertz is a proper baller, Chelsea just can't find a way of using him yet, when he was at leverkusen he was brilliant, definitely an argument for better than Jack before his move 

There was never an arguement for him being better than ziyech let alone grealish. Havertz benefited from playing in a very high scoring league with very good and very fast players around him like diaby and bailey. 

8 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

They put havertz, ansu fati and rashford ahead of him what a disgrace. 

I realky really can't think of 59 better footballers than him. I'd struggle naming 10.

His development in the PL since he bulked up after that injury has been obscene.

Edited by KenjiOgiwara
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I realky really can't think of 59 better footballers than him. I'd struggle naming 10.

His development in the PL since he bulked up after that injury has been obscene.

Said this before - there are near 10 players better than him who play for Bayern Munich 

They will dominate this top 100, lewandowski top one more from muller, kimmich, gnarby, Davies, neuer in the top 5 all of those top 10, thiago low teens but could be higher 

Edited by villa4europe

30 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Said this before - there are near 10 players better than him who play for Bayern Munich 

They will dominate this top 100, lewandowski top one more from muller, kimmich, gnarby, Davies, neuer in the top 5 all of those top 10, thiago low teens but could be higher 

I like German footy, but I just don't agree. A while back I'd agreed, but Jack has just been setting the bar higher and higher.

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

43 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Nah based on what I've seen he still isn't up to speed, whether Chelsea know how to use him or not.

He hasn't been great. OBS we all know his talent but hasn't showed anything this season to be up there.

7 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I like German footy, but I just don't agree.

Its not German football though, they won the CL, most of it comfortably 

No international tournament this year so the CL will be the biggest measuring stick and as the rev says Jack hasn't played in it 

Edited by villa4europe

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Its not German football though, they won the CL, most of it comfortably 

No international tournament this year so the CL will be the biggest measuring stick and as Chindie says Jack hasn't played in it 

Yeah I'm just saying I've watched them a fair bit and I personally think Grealish is now better than all of them, bar a couple that's pretty even.

For me it's this simple. The Premier League is the toughest most competitive league in the world bar none. Jack Grealish is so good he basically can keep a club in the division on his own, which he more or less did last season. I can't see any other player in the world atm do that, bar KDB. Gnabry and Müller wouldn't even be close to that. No chance.

It's easy to dismiss what you observe when you observe it, but to me he's come on so much it's unreal. For England he looks twice the player Sancho is, who one of the more prolific CL players in the German league.

But each to their own I guess.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, siminjo said:

Where?

Here

Who has been the best footballer in the Premier League this year? To put an exclamation mark on a year we will never forget, we set out to crown the inaugural Fans’ Footballer of the Year - a unique, prestigious award which combines our 100-plus-strong network of football journalists alongside the most important aspect of the game, the fans.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Yeah I'm just saying I've watched them a fair bit and I personally think Grealish is now better than all of them, bar a couple that's pretty even.

For me it's this simple. The Premier League is the toughest most competitive league in the world bar none. Jack Grealish is so good he basically can keep a club in the division on his own, which he more or less did last season. I can't see any other player in the world atm do that, bar KDB. Gnabry and Müller wouldn't even be close to that. No chance.

It's easy to dismiss what you observe when you observe it, but to me he's come on so much it's unreal. For England he looks twice the player Sancho is, who one of the more prolific CL players in the German league.

But each to their own I guess.

I can understand that

But at the same time think journalists won't get drawn in to this league vs that league, they'll use the CL and international football as the measuring sticks 

And for that reason it'll be interesting where they put Harry Kane, I would guess around 15th to 20th, did nothing for England this year and he's not in the CL 

20 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

BSA saying albion would stay up no problem if they had a player like Jack.

That should go down well 😂😂

so are we saying, they can't acknowledge Jacks talent?

I used to appreciate Bryan Robson and the like, when they had a great side......what is it with these people, so insular.

• Like 1

Â