Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

19 minutes ago, Taxahunter said:

Can’t believe we are after Tuanzebe with his injury record. Why loan a player that has played an average of 4 games a season, if we subtract the 28 he played in one of our championship seasons? 

Because he's cheap and probably good enough for fourth choice. If things turn out like last season, he might not even get a chance to play at all. Its not like we're relying on this guy to be fit the entire season, just for a couple of games if even that.

Its like the loan we did for Baston. Its just cheap, short-term, low risk cover in case of an emergency. 

Edited by Laughable Chimp
  • Like 4

23 minutes ago, The Inspiration said:

Think that Italian ITK Fabrizio poured cold water on it on a podcast yesterday? Could be wrong

Exactly, agent pimping not interest from our side.

17 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’ve watched  him quite a few times and I just don’t think he has that something special you need to see in younger players for them to make it at this level. Don’t get me wrong I’m sure he’ll still have a great career and I’m no football scout but I just can’t see it happening at the level we wish to be at.  Hopefully Im wrong.  

I think Ben Christen looks the better player. Is he a full back?

Midfielder I thought

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KangarooVillan said:

Something stinks re Anguissa - stats are good but no ones bought.

Is it attitude? He was the Fulham player that refused to play Championship right and went out on loan?

Yep and also didn’t start crucial games for Fulham when going got tough. Something ain’t right. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Steero113 said:

Luiz can be that regista, but he needs more work and clear improvement for where we want to be. 

We have seen glimpses of his quality distribution and creativity, see 1.00 in the below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5An9Itj0bo

Best passer at the club by a distance (maybe Buendia is now better) but yes, we need to see that more - that’s the step up from young prospect to consistent player we now need to see.

29 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Yep and also didn’t start crucial games for Fulham when going got tough. Something ain’t right. 

He just might not be any better than decent. He carries the ball well which is eye catching but I never seen him dictating a game nor is he any way exceptional defensively. 

7 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

He just might not be any better than decent. He carries the ball well which is eye catching but I never seen him dictating a game nor is he any way exceptional defensively. 

Kuwa, with a name like yours I feel compelled to ask the question; how good is Daichi Kamada? And, would we be able to fit him into our team? Arigato 👍

1 hour ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Because he's cheap and probably good enough for fourth choice. If things turn out like last season, he might not even get a chance to play at all. Its not like we're relying on this guy to be fit the entire season, just for a couple of games if even that.

Its like the loan we did for Baston. Its just cheap, short-term, low risk cover in case of an emergency. 

But if we’re going down this route, why pay Man Utd a (sizeable) loan fee for 2 matches cover? 

Also why do people assume that the only people who have a say in all of this are the clubs?  The biggest single deciding factor in this is the player.

Why on earth would he come here to be fourth choice centre back? It would be better for him to play a season in the championship than 2 games for us. Or he might as well sit where he is, and train with his friends, and go home to his home than come to villa and be ‘fourth choice’ and commute 3 to 4 hours a day or stay in a hotel.

The ‘loan’ for Baston was a totally pointless shit thing that served no purpose.  Literally would have been better to play a youth player or no striker. Not a good example to quote.