Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

1 hour ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Pape Matar Sarr. He can play DCM, CM or AMC. Young, huge potential, already got lots of first team experience. Covers all bases for me.

Wasn't the quoted fee £50m though ?

Agree with your analysis though.

3 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Are we done for this window?

link chat has dried right up 

Nah I wouldn't have thought so. I would imagine we're going to try and sign another CM and CB at least. Lots of reports that we're trying for Tuanzebe. I'd love us to go and break our transfer record on a high profile CM. 

Could probably do with a GK too.

Edited by PieFacE

1 minute ago, The Fun Factory said:

I think Sanson could well be the DM people think we are going to buy if he can adapt to the league quickly enough. Wasn't that the point of buying him in January?

He's not a DM, though.  Box to Box like McGinn.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

We have history of turning B2B players to DM. Look at Stan.

He is a number 8, very similar to McGinn.  He'll be best for us in a 433 alongside McGinn as two 8s ahead of Douglas Luiz.  I'm not in the "we need a DM to solve our midfield problems" camp.  I'm still adamant our defensive problems last season were caused by Barkley's lack of contribution on defense when we played 4231.  I see us switching back and forth between 433 and 4231 this season, depending on who is fit and who is in form.  Buendia, Bailey, and Ings give us a lot of flexiblity and attacking options now and Sanson allows us to play a strong 433, or compete with McGinn for the the solo number 8 spot in a 4231.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Pape Matar Sarr. He can play DCM, CM or AMC. Young, huge potential, already got lots of first team experience. Covers all bases for me.

Bit of a stretch - he’s made like 23 appearances in the first team and half of those were as a sub.

41 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

I think Sanson could well be the DM people think we are going to buy if he can adapt to the league quickly enough. Wasn't that the point of buying him in January?

The Villa website show Sanson as “attacking midfield” so doubtful he will be used as DM.

• Haha 1

No idea who, but I think we’ll probably break our transfer record again before the window shuts. 

30 minutes ago, av1 said:

No idea who, but I think we’ll probably break our transfer record again before the window shuts. 

That would surprise me. I think we have hard nosed professionals running the club. Unless something gives with JWP I don't see it.

We're in profit this summer so far.

I can't see it staying that way. I reckon we'll spend another £50m at least.

6 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Only 4 of those appearances were sub appearances but yes, he doesn't have much experience. But what 18 year old does.

Bellingham had one season in the Championship before going for £20.7M. One year later he’s worth £50M. 

For his age Sarr has as much experience as you could hope for. 

1 minute ago, Xela said:

We're in profit this summer so far.

I can't see it staying that way. I reckon we'll spend another £50m at least.

I think we are waiting for big target to become available. I don't think we will get a gimmick signing for the sake of it.

I would like Pepe Sarr - but not at £50m

1 minute ago, hippo said:

I think we are waiting for big target to become available. I don't think we will get a gimmick signing for the sake of it.

Cheeky bid for Casemiro ?

1 minute ago, hippo said:

Where has £50m come from? I thought Metz wanted £25m? 

• Like 1