Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

2 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Is Katonaed the VT equivalent of Twitter ratioed?

Right could one of you young uns explain to me this ratio stuff. Seen it used all over Twitter, as a noun, a verb and everything in between and I'm too old to understand it or where it came from

28 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Yep, he just needs to play in a better team and with better players to really stand out or shine… would be pleased with the signing if it happens…

Agreed mate. I think he (or a player like him) would give our midfield the balance that we need

7 hours ago, KangarooVillan said:

I can’t really understand why people want to do away with Dougie?

A 23 year old Brazilian international who has truly sparkled for us at times and was pivotal in keeping us up the season before last? 

But then would be keen on signing Alvarez who’s a 21 year old Argentinian national who’s never played outside the Argentine league is an exciting signing?

Mind boggling - people’s memories are so f****** short. When city may have wanted him we were desperate to keep him, but now that clause has expired we’re keen to sell?

Literal baby with the rattle kind of stuff.

And actually I think without Grealish he will take more responsibility and improve

• Thanks 1

Not that Luiz is the finished article or a fantastic player, but maybe, just maybe part of our issues has been the players who's been playing next to him in midfield for us.

Barkley was a disaster off the ball and while i like McGinn he's imo better higher up the pitch and not the most composed or tactical player.

And again this is not a slight on Smith or our owners because it's more or less impossible to build a complete squad in this short a time coming from the mess we were.

• Haha 1

Bloody hell I though I was losing touch with the game with all that XG nonsense people talk about, now we’re calling a number 6 regista? 

I must be getting old. 

Just now, av1 said:

Bloody hell I though I was losing touch with the game with all that XG nonsense people talk about, now we’re calling a number 6 regista? 

I must be getting old. 

It was invented in the 1930s according to what I just read! You must be very old!

6 minutes ago, sne said:

But in England (and Sweden) we play a rigid 4-4-2 with two angry guys in CM and a tall and a small guy up front. It worked in the 80's so why change it.

No what is this "micro wave" oven I keep hearing about?

Still my favourite formation and tactical set up of all time. 

I had a VHS called Ballistic 96’ and it had a compilation of the seasons deadliest strike duo’s, Ferdinand and Shearer, York and Savo… it was such a good video. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, sne said:

But in England (and Sweden) we play a rigid 4-4-2 with two angry guys in CM and a tall and a small guy up front. It worked in the 80's so why change it.

No what is this "micro wave" oven I keep hearing about?

Only a matter of time before this will be back in fashion again and Europe’s most innovative and forward thinking managers will be using it.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

Only a matter of time before this will be back in fashion again and Europe’s most innovative and forward thinking managers will be using it.

Steve Bruce was the visionary 

Edited by av1

11 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Still my favourite formation and tactical set up of all time. 

I had a VHS called Ballistic 96’ and it had a compilation of the seasons deadliest strike duo’s, Ferdinand and Shearer, York and Savo… it was such a good video. 

Yeah it changed Swedish football completely when Roy Hodgson and Bob Houghton brought it to Sweden in the late 70's

Edited by sne

5 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Liverpool Echo have article saying now we've signed Ings it opens door for Liverpool to sign Watkins. Laughable dribble

I saw Arsenal fans saying they should sign Watkins because he'll be better off there. 🤪 They really are a deluded bunch. 

Edited by MachoFantastico

2 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

Yeah it goes in cycles. Incredibly demanding formation on the CM's thou these days with the pace and fitness level of modern footballers. You more or less need a Kante who does the job of 2 players for it to work.

8 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Can't wait until we start season without "a proper DM" and then we'll win a game with Nakamba and people will go great game MOTM for me like they did after Spurs and Chelsea game then we will lose a game and people will say this is what happens because we didn't buy "a proper DM" like I said we should and then we'll play a game with no "proper DM" and win 5-0 and people will say mmm what beautiful attacking football

'We' re not fickle. We just' ... Oh wait a minute! 

Edited by Made In Aston
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, MachoFantastico said:

I saw Arsenal fans saying they should sign Watkins because he'll be better off there. 🤪 They really are a deluded bunch. 

I’m desperate to sign Locatelli (sp?) just to troll them 🤣