Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

5 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

I like calling it the ‘quarter-back role’ and watching English fans get worked up at the Americanism 😁

Two different things though! Regista in South America and Italy doesn't exist anymore, the game has changed. Regista was the player that everything went through, they put their foot on top of the ball, slow things down, look around and find a way to get the ball up the pitch. It's never existed in the UK, no-one ever had time to put their foot on the ball without getting clarted after two seconds. Doesn't exist anymore in the other leagues either now as the game is too fast. Veron for Lazio was probably the last successful one over here in Italy.

Quarterback role, deep lying playmaker, Pirlo role type of thing is still around though. Might be what Luiz could turn into...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, hippo said:

I think our big signings our done. Loans and minor fees maybe over the remaining window.

Think theres one out of nowhere signing and we're done. 

Maybe a loan CB as well but one more cracker. 

2 minutes ago, hippo said:

I think our big signings our done. Loans and minor fees maybe over the remaining window.

Do you think we were really planning on spending no money this summer? Our owners are meant to be ambitious.

1 hour ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Because he's cheap and probably good enough for fourth choice. If things turn out like last season, he might not even get a chance to play at all. Its not like we're relying on this guy to be fit the entire season, just for a couple of games if even that.

Its like the loan we did for Baston. Its just cheap, short-term, low risk cover in case of an emergency. 

He’s not going to be the 4th.choice CB, he’s there as competition for Konsa.

Cant believe people are focussing on his injuries, rather than his ability.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

We won't bring another attacking player in.

CM and a CB and then we'll be done. 

One thing for sure nobody knows what we are doing.  I’m just surprised that so many people are convinced what our incomings will be.  I was told flatly by many that we definitely wouldn’t be spending good money on a striker this summer yet wham bam we signed Ings.  We could easily sign another attacking player like a CAM, just as easily that we don’t sign anybody else.  With money in our pocket it’ll be interesting what we will do.

Edited by nick76
  • Like 3

Seems a lot of fans see our business as done, other than a loan or 2. Purslow suggested we signed the 3 forward players to replace Grealish. So we have fans who think we wouldn’t have done much if any business, if we hadn’t have sold Grealish? Will be disappointed if we don’t go all out for a proper DM, can’t keep watching Luiz get outmuscled every week. 

2 minutes ago, Rolta said:

Do you think we were really planning on spending no money this summer? Our owners are meant to be ambitious.

I agree I think we’ll be getting a couple more big ones, no reasoning but we have money now and it’s a great opportunity to progress faster than usual following covid, financial issues at other clubs and the extra coin in our pockets.

• Like 1

Just now, Rolta said:

Who knows. I think at the moment the squad looks decent on paper. We may wait a few games and see how the pieces fit together.

Don't see us going for TC after what purslow said. JWP looks unmovable.

Landing the bigger targets from overseas will be very difficult with lots of clubs in for them.

We can now bide our time for the better players. If that means waiting a while I'm sure the club will do that.

2 hours ago, jacketspuds said:

Weren’t we linked to Clement Lenglet yesterday?

It’s probably just Messi popping over to have a browse in the Bullring TK Maxx, but you never know.

Heard he's keen to check out Europe's largest Primark.

6 minutes ago, QldVilla said:

Why can't you? It's quite simple logic. If a player is out injured what they could have offered on the pitch in that time is irrelevant.

5 minutes ago, WHY said:

Seems a lot of fans see our business as done, other than a loan or 2. Purslow suggested we signed the 3 forward players to replace Grealish. So we have fans who think we wouldn’t have done much if any business, if we hadn’t have sold Grealish? Will be disappointed if we don’t go all out for a proper DM, can’t keep watching Luiz get outmuscled every week. 

Would you all stop i think luiz is a serious player for us!

Edited by garreth
  • Like 2

We might sign someone, we might not - we're going into this season stronger than last, which is great. I imagine Lange is chasing down opportunities but there's no point panic buying or getting someone we aren't sure will improve us. I'd also like to see us nurture the young guns and not block off their path to the first team if we're not getting someone outstanding.

• Like 2

I understand what Purslow said about bringing in the 3 to replace Jack but Buendia was brought in well before Jack bid and it seems we were trying to buy Bailey before the bid by City for Grealish.  So it seems we were bringing in them before we knew Jack was leaving so only really Ings post the bid.  Can’t imagine him being the replacement of Jack and I always thought we’d bring in a top striker anyway.  I would be thinking we still might bring in another attacking player, hopefully not Cantwell though.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, QldVilla said:

Wouldn’t have signed Mings or Ings if the focus was on their injury record. Tuwanzebe is a very good 3rd-4th choice CB.

Still expect Villa to sign another midfielder plus the above CB then your done.

• Like 1

Just now, nick76 said:

I understand what Purslow said about bringing in the 3 to replace Jack but Buendia was brought in well before Jack bid and it seems we were trying to buy Bailey before the bid by City for Grealish.  So it seems we were bringing in them before we knew Jack was leaving so only really Ings post the bid.  Can’t imagine him being the replacement of Jack and I always thought we’d bring in a top striker anyway.  I would be thinking we still might bring in another attacking player, hopefully not Cantwell though.

Buendia and Bailey I believe were brought in to take the burden of Jack, should he had stayed, but should he move on, as he did, we wouldn't then be scrambling around for overpriced replacements.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, QldVilla said:

Both games Konsa missed, Hause was the one who replaced him in the starting line up and Engels was on the bench in one of those. I don't think Smith is as strict on the whole, only left footed CBs play on the left, and right footed CBs play on the right anymore. 

9 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I agree I think we’ll be getting a couple more big ones...

Ah shit. If I've been following this forum correctly over the last few weeks, then, I think this means that in fact our spending is done for the summer!

4 minutes ago, garreth said:

Would you all stop i think luiz is a serious player for us!

Squad player imo, he isn’t strong or athletic enough to play as a DM. He also has a horrible habit of thinking he has all the time in the world on the ball.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, stewiek2 said:

Buendia and Bailey I believe were brought in to take the burden of Jack, should he had stayed, but should he move on, as he did, we wouldn't then be scrambling around for overpriced replacements.

I agree but if we had targets in mind and brought 2 of say 5 of them targets, we now buy a 3rd because Jack has left

• Like 1