Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I understand what Purslow said about bringing in the 3 to replace Jack but Buendia was brought in well before Jack bid and it seems we were trying to buy Bailey before the bid by City for Grealish.  So it seems we were bringing in them before we knew Jack was leaving so only really Ings post the bid.  Can’t imagine him being the replacement of Jack and I always thought we’d bring in a top striker anyway.  I would be thinking we still might bring in another attacking player, hopefully not Cantwell though.

Yeah I think Ings was the only one brought in as a result of the Grealish transfer. And I agree. No thank you to Cantwell.

1 minute ago, AvonVillain said:

Ah shit. If I've been following this forum correctly over the last few weeks, then, I think this means that in fact our spending is done for the summer!

Haha I was wrong about Snake boy but I was right about a striker (just not the right name).

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Why can't you? It's quite simple logic. If a player is out injured what they could have offered on the pitch in that time is irrelevant.

Your assuming he will be out injured without even giving him the opportunity, it’s ridiculous. The coaching staff will be undertaking their due diligence and know a lot more about him. People have short memories, Mings was out for long periods as well before he joined Villa.

5 minutes ago, WHY said:

Squad player imo, he isn’t strong or athletic enough to play as a DM. He also has a horrible habit of thinking he has all the time in the world on the ball.

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/337883/Show/Douglas-Luiz

the stats contradict what your saying his standing takles and his off ball positioning is great and he bocks some ammount of play.

Imo i would have him as a starter for sure..

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Both games Konsa missed, Hause was the one who replaced him in the starting line up and Engels was on the bench in one of those. I don't think Smith is as strict on the whole, only left footed CBs play on the left, and right footed CBs play on the right anymore. 

I think you’ll find it had more to do with not trusting Engels anymore, hence his quick exit in the Summer.

If they sign Tuanzebe, their not signing him as a back up, he’s their to create competition. Tuanzebe can sit on the bench at Utd if he wanted to, he will expect to play if good enough.

7 minutes ago, garreth said:

the stats contradict what your saying his standing takles and his off ball positioning is great and he bocks some ammount of play.

How do his stats compare his stats compare with other DM’s. He isn’t good enough for a team looking to get in to Europe imo. Football is all about opinions though!

11 minutes ago, garreth said:

He just needs to find consistency. He’s got potential to be a great player. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, QldVilla said:

Your assuming he will be out injured without even giving him the opportunity, it’s ridiculous. The coaching staff will be undertaking their due diligence and know a lot more about him. People have short memories, Mings was out for long periods as well before he joined Villa.

I'm not assuming anything, I'm just explaining the logic to you as you said you can't believe it. A spotty injury history with recurring problems is the best evidence it may happen again. Of course club doctors have more medical knowledge than us, that doesn't mean there isn't an element of risk a player like that will continue to be injured. I assume your memory stretches back as far as our last loan signing, Ross Barkley?

I'm personally all for Tuanzebe on loan with a buy option.

22 minutes ago, AVFCforever1991 said:

So Tuanzebe would rather sit on the bench at villa than United? 

At Man United, there is Varane, Maguire, Bailly, Jones and Lindelof in front of him. At Villa, if Konsa gets injured, he’s in the team, I’d take him here

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KangarooVillan said:

Maybe explain what you meant by ‘ He also has a horrible habit of thinking he has all the time in the world on the ball. ‘ then?

Doesn’t move the ball quickly enough when he receives it, he dwells on it too long. Like I said football is about opinions, if you think he’s good, then that’s your choice.

• Haha 2

Just now, WHY said:

Doesn’t move the ball quickly enough when he receives it, he dwells on it too long. Like I said football is about opinions, if you think he’s good, then that’s your choice.

I’m sorry, but if dwells on it too long doesn’t imply he gets dispossessed too often, I don’t know what does. So did your initial comment.

I’m all for differing opinion, what I’m less in to is people just making s*** up to criticise a Villa player.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, garreth said:

You have said nothing but crap about luiz.

I was even wondering at one point if we were talking about the same player? 🤷🏼‍♂️

I said he isn’t good enough to be a DM for a team looking to get into Europe and he’s was a squad player imo. You think he’s great that’s your choice. 

10 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

I'm not assuming anything, I'm just explaining the logic to you as you said you can't believe it. A spotty injury history with recurring problems is the best evidence it may happen again. Of course club doctors have more medical knowledge than us, that doesn't mean there isn't an element of risk a player like that will continue to be injured. I assume your memory stretches back as far as our last loan signing, Ross Barkley?

I'm personally all for Tuanzebe on loan with a buy option.

There’s a risk with any player being brought in in transfer, but focussing on what if’s or maybes has nothing to do with the players ability. He’s played CL football he isn’t coming to be a 4th stringer.