Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

17 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Can't wait until we start season without "a proper DM" and then we'll win a game with Nakamba and people will go great game MOTM for me like they did after Spurs and Chelsea game then we will lose a game and people will say this is what happens because we didn't buy "a proper DM" like I said we should and then we'll play a game with no "proper DM" and win 5-0 and people will say mmm what beautiful attacking football

So...  Do we need one or not?  😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, KMitch said:

So...  Do we need one or not?  😁

The answer is obvious we need one who contributes to the attack we'll. Ideally someone who can control the flow of the game. So looking for one with 85+% pass completion, 55+ passes per game, and excellent defensive stats. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

No idea but he states we are going for "next level ambition" with who we are supposedly liking and then tweets about Cantwell and Willock... CJ Doucheface ruined twitter for me so I'm chucking this guy in the *Do Not Trust* bin.

I think that's a good idea.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

The answer is obvious we need one who contributes to the attack we'll. Ideally someone who can control the flow of the game. So looking for one with 85+% pass completion, 55+ passes per game, and excellent defensive stats. 

Fabian Ruiz, Napoli

1 hour ago, Kiwivillan said:

Can't wait until we start season without "a proper DM" and then we'll win a game with Nakamba and people will go great game MOTM for me like they did after Spurs and Chelsea game then we will lose a game and people will say this is what happens because we didn't buy "a proper DM" like I said we should and then we'll play a game with no "proper DM" and win 5-0 and people will say mmm what beautiful attacking football

You really enjoy keeping score against people, don't you?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Not really it's more we need to bring in player X is always a slight against players we already have that I think are underappreciated

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, KangarooVillan said:

Mind boggling - people’s memories are so f****** short

Exactly this. It's want it now attitude. Targett would've been replaced before beginning of last season if some had their way like a player has to hit the ground running or can't have a dip in form or it's replace replace replace

Edited by Kiwivillan
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Not really it's more we need to bring in player X is always a slight against players we already have that I think are underappreciated

Totally agree, there is always a sense that some people just want a shiny new toy rather than having any actual idea to how certain players would compare to what he have at the club already.

• Like 2

Exactly this. It's want it now attitude. Targett would've been replaced before beginning of last season if some had their way like a player has to hit the ground running or can't have a dip in form or it's replace replace replace

Cut that out, no agreeing with Aussies on Bledisloe Cup day.

• Haha 1

Luckily that’s what the coaching team is for. A lot of these players didn’t have PL experience and it takes time to adapt to the speed and physicality. I anticipate some of these players will improve again with 2 seasons under their belts.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Liverpool Echo have article saying now we've signed Ings it opens door for Liverpool to sign Watkins. Laughable dribble

100 million. That’s our price these days.

Ollie: 100

Connor: 100

Keinan: 100

Micah Richards: 100 and we’ll throw in a Cornetto

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

4 hours ago, KangarooVillan said:

I can’t really understand why people want to do away with Dougie?

A 23 year old Brazilian international who has truly sparkled for us at times and was pivotal in keeping us up the season before last? 

But then would be keen on signing Alvarez who’s a 21 year old Argentinian national who’s never played outside the Argentine league is an exciting signing?

Mind boggling - people’s memories are so f****** short. When city may have wanted him we were desperate to keep him, but now that clause has expired we’re keen to sell?

Literal baby with the rattle kind of stuff.

3 hours ago, maqroll said:

3 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

3 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

3 hours ago, Eidolon said:

Totally agree, there is always a sense that some people just want a shiny new toy rather than having any actual idea to how certain players would compare to what he have at the club already.

Image result for kerry katona gif

• Haha 4

The Athletic have done an article about Jack’s last week and how Purslow delayed and delayed as he didn’t want to sell to city (worries over their weakening the competitiveness of the league) and how it nearly went to lawyers with Jack desperate to leave the training camp. The article also tries to insist that City didn’t know of the release clause (because apparently they should be legally confidential).

Anyway I’m mentioning it in this thread because it appears we didn’t get 100m up front, it’s to be paid over 3 years. Don’t know on how much that affects our ability to spend much more this window. Bit gutted that it is instalments. Just when you think the Jack transfer can’t punch you in the gut any more…

2 hours ago, ChicagoVillan1983 said:

100 million. That’s our price these days.

Ollie: 100

Connor: 100

Keinan: 100

Micah Richards: 100 and we’ll throw in a Cornetto

Give me a Magnum and you've got yourself a deal