Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

4 minutes ago, Danishlad said:

I suppose what everyone want is either someone in the busquets mould or kante mould. Or in a perfect world both.

we have Marv who is in Kante mould and Luiz who is more like Carlos Sanchez. (IMO)

I’m not a scout but surely there are better young talented players out there than the ones we have , and now we can afford them. 
Unless we think one of our talented young lads can do it.

If anything I would say Luiz is more like Kante in the sense of he breaks up play whenever/wherever he can and tries to get the ball forward quickly. If you look at passing/offensive/dribbling statistics Luiz and Kante are quite similar in that aspect, but from watching matches I know Luiz often gets caught out of position and in turn makes rash challenges. I personally think we need some height in midfield however we also have to remember we have Sanson coming back which will be like a new signing in itself.

12 minutes ago, samjp26 said:

If anything I would say Luiz is more like Kante in the sense of he breaks up play whenever/wherever he can and tries to get the ball forward quickly. If you look at passing/offensive/dribbling statistics Luiz and Kante are quite similar in that aspect, but from watching matches I know Luiz often gets caught out of position and in turn makes rash challenges. I personally think we need some height in midfield however we also have to remember we have Sanson coming back which will be like a new signing in itself.

Good points,  I would like a Busquets type. 
Are you sure Kante  and Luiz stats are similar. 

Edited by Danishlad

9 minutes ago, samjp26 said:

Does Sanson not play further forward?

28 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

I think someone like anguissa would be the best of both worlds, as he is effective as a traditional DM and can be pushed first forward into a CM position and perform well. He is a ball carrier that likes to dribble , is good in the air, can pick out a pass, makes lots of interceptions and is strong in the tackle. Proven PL performer for 25m. Sounds like a no brainer to me. 

Questionable attitude is why he hasn’t moved yet and I’m not sure Smith is the manager to deal with that.

Bissourma would just shade Ward Prowse as my choice to make that fragile Villa midfield more solid but either would do. Before that though I’d be testing Leeds resolve again with a 50m bid for Philips. Leeds don’t have much money so it would be worth a try.

42 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

But you’ve picked four £50m+ (minimum) players there. One of them has already gone for that much and he’s also not seen as that great! Rice would probably cost more than Grealish and I see people here saying he’s no good.It’s a hard position to get any credit is the truth.

Maybe I haven’t used the best examples, those are some of the best in the league but that’s what we should be aiming for IMO. For what it’s worth his defensive stats are very similar to Milivojevic at place and Romeu for Southampton. I think he has potential to be great but not in the position we play him in 

16 minutes ago, Monkeypuzzle said:

Hearing a lot of rumours about Correa, the Argentinian forward from Lazio. I'd be a bit surprised to see use sign another attacking player. Sounds similar to Alvarez in many ways. I would have expected more defensive targets from now on.

Fabrizio Romano said it wasn’t true last night. 

55 minutes ago, Danishlad said:

Good points,  I would like a Busquets type. 
Are you sure Kante  and Luiz stats are similar. 

Much more similar than Nakamba, obviously Kante’s defensive input is way above both players but overall I would liken Luiz’ game to Kante’s. That said, I would hope to see Luiz take a less defensively dependent role, he can make some beautiful long passes. One thing is for sure we have some great options! 

Having reflected on last week I don't think we are going to spend a lot more and I think some people might be a bit disappointed. I think we will get Axel on loan and a back up goalkeeper and that could be it. If we can't get the player we want in central midfield, I think we will be prepared to wait until the next window. All the clubs will be asking stupid transfer fees as they know we have £100 mil in the bank. It might also be dependent on being able to shift a few players out as well and are lot of clubs are not buying because of the covid impact.

• Like 2