Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

Sergej Milinković-Savić Or JWP ? Which one you picking and which one do you believe Smith/club would prefer … Not many teams could afford him so options aren’t as great as before … 26 so perfect time to Move ..

9 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Yep, he’s with them permanently now.

Not sure I saw him have a decent game for them. I’d have been disappointed if we’d actually got him when we had the chance.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Not sure I saw him have a decent game for them. I’d have been disappointed if we’d actually got him when we had the chance.

Yeah I’d have to say. Of all the “misses” we’ve had, Kalvin Phillips is the only one I’ve really been bummed about. He would’ve been a great addition for us.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Yeah I’d have to say. Of all the “misses” we’ve had, Kalvin Phillips is the only one I’ve really been bummed about. He would’ve been a great addition for us.

100 percent. Add Phillips to the attacking force we’ve just assembled and we’d be knocking on the top 4

• Like 2

1 hour ago, thabucks said:

Sergej Milinković-Savić Or JWP ? Which one you picking and which one do you believe Smith/club would prefer … Not many teams could afford him so options aren’t as great as before … 26 so perfect time to Move ..

£65m for another no. 8? Don’t think so at this stage. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, TheMelvillan said:

feel theres a bit of direspect on Bertie's name in these discussions about forward options. I reckon he will be better this year and he has all the potential to be brilliant for us. Yes he's mad as a box of frogs but most of the highlights of last season came from Bertie and i honestly believe that Jack leaving will spread the play a bit more, allow us to flow a bit more and maybe allow other players to express themselves better.

I'm all on team Bertie and would take him over Cantwell who I frankly dont get the hype around

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

100 percent. Add Phillips to the attacking force we’ve just assembled and we’d be knocking on the top 4

Oh if only he hadn't spoken to his nan, he'd be a Villa player* now.

*Or Man city, f you Pep

14 hours ago, RaptureJames said:

If Ings plays as SS, Bertie could come into play covering this position too - his success abroad as a "striker" was as SS I think.

He got better defensively as the season went on IMO also

I would like to see him tried in that position, he can be deadly and sublime in attack…

Scored some wonderful goals for us and produced some superb skills. Looking forward to even better from him!

Go on Berty! What an entertainer…

• Like 1

We need a DM (6), options could be:

• Bissouma (obviously)
  • Thomas Delaney - Dortmund - he's 29 but would bring short/medium terms experience as we grow, in a core position.
  • Guido Rodriguez - Real Betis
  • Marten de Roon - Atalanta (he's 30, but same argument as Delaney)
  • Pape Gueye - Marseille
  • Boubacar Kamara - Marseille
  • Pape Matar Sarr - Metz (i have actually done some digging on his stats, and tbh they are really good for a DM, however his very young age would be a concern to me, in terms of coming in to our first 11 right away, which is what we need, he would prob be more one for the future)
  • There are prob 5+ more i could list, but eh.....lists are long! :P
Edited by MaVilla

16 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

We need a DM (6), options could be:

• Bissouma (obviously)
  • Thomas Delaney - Dortmund - he's 29 but would bring short/medium terms experience as we grow, in a core position.
  • Guido Rodriguez - Real Betis
  • Marten de Roon - Atalanta (he's 30, but same argument as Delaney)
  • Pape Gueye - Marseille
  • Boubacar Kamara - Marseille
  • Pape Matar Sarr - Metz (i have actually done some digging on his stats, and tbh they are really good for a DM, however his very young age would be a concern to me, in terms of coming in to our first 11 right away, which is what we need, he would prob be more one for the future)
  • There are prob 5+ more i could list, but eh.....lists are long! :P

Koopmeiners!

Edited by Aston_Villan4
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Who the poop is that guy

No idea but he states we are going for "next level ambition" with who we are supposedly liking and then tweets about Cantwell and Willock... CJ Doucheface ruined twitter for me so I'm chucking this guy in the *Do Not Trust* bin.

Edited by Aston_Villan4

13 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Koopmeiners!

Yeah maybe, the problem is these days is its hard to judge players in the Dutch league.

There was a time many years ago where the Dutch league translated well to ability in other leagues, but these days I would be surprised if the average standard of the Dutch league was even championship level.

Not saying we can't get good players from the Dutch league, ofc we can, I'm just saying its more risky these days, than historically.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, useless said:

Just seen that there's a player called Princewill Ehibhatiomhan in the current England U17 squad. Seems fated that he should play for us.

The Fresh Prince?

Waiting for a Jazzy Jeff and Carlton.

Edited by Dave-R
  • Haha 1